The Clash of the Titans

• Thread starter Pesselles
  • 497 comments
you missed the last one where we all tested the BMW to check her bouncy attitude 😉

Capture d’écran 2024-08-04 20.10.58.png

you missed the last one where we all tested the BMW to check her bouncy attitude 😉

View attachment 1378249
I wrote at conversation about this one , just try it before i ask for the model and immediately i realise that is bouncing like he wanted to take off 😂
Definitely is broken after new update, perhaps belongs to the new flying mod rocket cars .

I wrote at conversation about this one , just try it before i ask for the model and immediately i realise that is bouncing like he wanted to take off 😂
Definitely is broken after new update, perhaps belongs to the new flying mod rocket cars .
Saturday evening I was still three seconds behind and my wife already suggested to let the racers race and instead care about the garden (what I did, sort of, somewhere in England). My problem was the Ford and I cannot believe how fast many of you were in that thing. The bimmer I tried was a lot faster than the Ford but not stock... So I took the Merci and felt immediately right at home.

Great racing and great skills, Titans! (@smoothbore12 : you are explicitely included! 😘)

Waiting for sunday...

My problem was the Ford and I cannot believe how fast many of you were in that thing. The bimmer I tried was a lot faster than the Ford but not stock... So I took the Merci and felt immediately right at home.
Yeah the Ford changed its instruction manual after 1.49, much harder now to get it to slide in a controlled manner, I lost it a number of times and am not the only one, as it is prone to spin and hard to catch past a certain point.

The BMW can do weird things when pushed as shown in my photos :
98f3ae99f713c4e39d635655a6f24878_photo.webp

It is a FR car, not supposed to maintain speed and acceleration while doing wheelies, and not supposed to do wheelies at all.

The Mercedes was nicer to drive than the 2 above, but I was much slower with it, maybe with more laps I would have improved. @Evilmuffin showed that you can be very competitive with it, and I've seen you on pole too.

Yeah the Ford changed its instruction manual after 1.49, much harder now to get it to slide in a controlled manner, I lost it a number of times and am not the only one, as it is prone to spin and hard to catch past a certain point.

The BMW can do weird things when pushed as shown in my photos :
98f3ae99f713c4e39d635655a6f24878_photo.webp

It is a FR car, not supposed to maintain speed and acceleration while doing wheelies, and not supposed to do wheelies at all.

The Mercedes was nicer to drive than the 2 above, but I was much slower with it, maybe with more laps I would have improved. @Evilmuffin showed that you can be very competitive with it, and I've seen you on pole too.
Yeah, that's right. But only because @MUC76 put me in pole position... 😁

Don't know if you like the original Top Gear TV Show but you should give it a try with an episode in Germany. You will see the same cars we used yesterday and it is still one of my personal favourites till today.

Anyway, that is just the introduction to suggest something stupid for next sunday. I know already the track (Autopolis short) and the mandatory colour (titanium grey/silver). Maybe we keep it open and only set a PP-limit? The colour is available for anything like de Tomaso, Bugatti, Lamborghini, TVR, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Mazda.

Don't know if you like the original Top Gear TV Show but you should give it a try with an episode in Germany. You will see the same cars we used yesterday and it is still one of my personal favourites till today.

Anyway, that is just the introduction to suggest something stupid for next sunday. I know already the track (Autopolis short) and the mandatory colour (titanium grey/silver). Maybe we keep it open and only set a PP-limit? The colour is available for anything like de Tomaso, Bugatti, Lamborghini, TVR, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Mazda.
Are we allowed to paint titanium something any car or it should be a car that has that paint from manufacturer?

I am ok for mixing cars, as long as there is BoP to smooth out performances.

Are we allowed to paint titanium something any car or it should be a car that has that paint from manufacturer?

I am ok for mixing cars, as long as there is BoP to smooth out performances.
I suggest that it should be a model of the manufacturer you are using the paint from. Any Skyline will be fine if you use the Nissan titanium grey, for example.

Maybe we should make it also 4wd only as many of the possible manufacturers have some in their store. 🤨

Last edited:
Just in case @Lomic won't show his masterpiece for this week's Clash I will tell the facts: available cars are Nissan Skyline R34 GTR V-spec II Nür, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 and the Subaru Impreza Sedan with a PP-LIMIT of 525, Sport hard tyres in a Titanium silver/grey paint of that specific manufacturer. Track is Kyoto Yamagiwa tomorrow at 1800 french time. Love you all! (New faces are welcome as there might be free spaces left!)

Again it has been a pleasure. I feel ashamed that the first race brought the following result as today I was also hosting the event:
19142faee1a65-screenshotUrl.jpg

Unfortunately it seems not to be recorded.

After that there were two more races to be able to drive all three neo-classics. Now everything went as it should and @tmtk scored at least one win. 😁

It will be a long and hot week but I already look forward the next "Clash of Titans". Oh, @Lomic and @MUC76 : race 2 and 3 will be shared so get yourself a cool drink! See you soon...

Here's one guy up pretty late :D Tomorrow is today and I wonder the same thing.
Should be stock Corvette C1 equiped with dirt tyres at Colorado Springs.

Tested yesterday, should be fun ! But in VR I am afraid I won't be able to lap for long as my VR "skills" are not strong enough to resist so much movement at the moment.

Back