The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,768 comments
Ive looked for you're user names to chuck you some motorshow votes and I never see your user names, it's no wonder you have to self vote if the exposure is so limited. Is it worth doing at all?, I could understand it for a vehicle but for vanity items im not so sure, as self voting is truly abject.

It would be nice as a daily loyalty perk if you have signed every day you get to vote
Indeed. It used to be like that for the majority of the game’s existence, but one of the latest patches this was changed.

Just fell out of the top 1000 with 6 votes, so no off-road rooftop for me. 😔 It’s a bit frustrating as I tried to self vote 6 out of the 7 days this week but could only do it 3 times (the 3 other votes I got from other players). I also tried to vote a TON on other players as well but that doesn’t seem to improve the odds of someone voting on me. And I need someone to vote on me first before I can self-vote again.

The way it is now is very frustrating, Ivory Tower should either remove self-voting all together or else bring it back so that it works once per day like it did before.

Last edited:
So far so good with the current summit. Still under 3000 and hopefully still in the platinum next week when it ends.

No such luck with the custom show. Still only one vote and thats my own.

One thing I'd like to see improved about the custom show is that you are required to purchase all content included in the bundle.

I just want the rooftop vanity which I don't own. I don't want the stupid glowing tires or crazy underglow and I don't want to pay the cc for those.

If they only let you purchase the individual vanities from the custom show I think players like me would be more willing to buy the cc and it would benefit them.

I know that it's exhausting. We keep talking about Custom Show and it's flaws. But yesterday I got 3 more ❤️ and couldn't voted myself today. Not that it matters, but was surprised. Now I wonder maybe those came from somebody buying?
The other thing I noticed, sometimes my livery just got removed. It's still in my library, but it's not showing as shared either.
Also saw your white Bugatti @breyzipp but the stage refreshed right before I was able to vote. But I believe you are safe with 8❤️.
Lastly a little advice for Custom platinum... Be boring, be predictable. Bet safe like me. 😂
9169024a-bcb5-4e47-89de-797ef2dc38df_Thumbnail.PNG

Was quite pleased to see this old BMW available to purchase, I cant take credit for the livery found it in the top 100. I really enjoy browsing the liveries, some vehicles have too many quality liveries to choose from, it makes snapping interesting.
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240814225353.jpg

THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240814225043.jpg

THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240814220826.jpg

THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240704124441.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240726150613.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240821143940.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240726145604.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240819210318.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240506222855.jpg

THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240821144752.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240820083608.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20240819211410.jpg

Last edited:
I know that it's exhausting. We keep talking about Custom Show and it's flaws. But yesterday I got 3 more ❤️ and couldn't voted myself today.
Hmm that’s strange, but there are indeed moments where it doesn’t work yes. It happened to me in the past as well, but that was many weeks ago. The last 1-2 months it worked each and every time that when I got a new “external” vote the previous day, then I could self vote the next day again.

Aah too bad you just missed my Bugatti 😬, but yeah I hope those 8 votes will be enough. I still have not seen your car though, will keep an eye out on it. 😀

I checked the discord for the first time in months and was disappointed to see that the livery editor for this game is still broken.

They claim that the bug in this feature only affects a small number of users, so they are postponing the fix. However, the reason why custom shows are already half-dead content is undoubtedly due to the livery editor's bug and the existence of players abusing the report system. Can we still say that there are only a few users affected?

If the livery editor works properly and creators can make good liveries without fear of crashes or data loss. And if the report system works properly and only truly harmful content is deleted, and reporters are banned for prank reports, livery sharing and custom shows should be more lively.

Last fall was a busy season with many great racing games being released.

I bought those games and intended to enjoy the livery editor as the main content of games that could use it. And of course, Motorfest was the top tier. I have fond memories of reinstalling TC2 in the spring and racing desperately every day to buy many cars to import into Motorfest.

However, there is only one game that I have accessed the livery editor in the past year. It's Hot Wheels Unleashed 2.

The livery editor in this game is basically inferior to Motorfest. You can only use 1000 layers for the entire car body, and the texture resolution is low. The textures of some of the cars that have been released in HWU1 look like 8-bit art.

However, unlike Motorfest's livery editor, this game's editor was not broken. I was able to work safely for hours, and the data I created was not deleted.

The reporting system is basically via discord, so there are almost no reports of pranks. ...Or rather, to be clear, Milestone does not censor livery or stickers at all. I see nazi, naked women, penises, the n-word, all sorts of inappropriate content in HWU2.

Well, that's problematic, but at least it's better than someone reporting you for harassment and risking being banned by some stupid AI. Probably.

Anyway, the point I want to make is that reliability is the most important thing for a livery editor. No matter how good the features are, an unstable editor that crashes easily is garbage.

If they continue to downplay this issue, my relationship with HWU2 will continue. It's not unpleasant, but it's very, very sad considering my expectations last year.

I'm also suspecting abusing the report system. The fact that even simple stripes can disappear means it's probably an automatic "ban" system. And that the same livery can be applied again seconds after makes everything even more ridiculous.
It is what it is. I'm still getting platinum most of times so I shouldn't complain much anyway.

If the livery editor works properly and creators can make good liveries without fear of crashes or data loss.
Most of the top tier livery editors that I know never moved over to TCM. I'm still bitter that I couldn't transfer any of what I made in TC2 to the new game. I spent way too many hours on that stuff to just start over and make the same cars all over again. And without garages, there's no way for me to really enjoy the stuff that I or other people make. So I doubt that any of the painters would come back even if they did fix the game.

Last edited:
Ooh my! That new BMW M3 Sport Evolution Eriköning Edition is nice! Only had a few minutes with it this morning before work but I love it! Great model, nice livery and I also love the yellow interior details on the seats. And its engine sound is just amazing!
Usually I don’t care much about special versions of normal cars but this is an exception to that rule. 😎

As far as the CC-bundel that goes with it: You can get the car itself and all the clothing items for normal cash, only the tires can’t be bought with cash but require CC. Since I like these tires so much on this car I spent the remaining 21-ish K CC on it (I think it’s only the second item in TCM that I buy with CC).

By the way my Bugatti from last week’s custom show even got to 11 votes in total. Yesterday (during daytime) it got from 8 to 11. And @strela now I could also not vote afterwards. Maybe because I already tried to vote in the morning (when it was still at 8), I don’t know. When I receive votes during nighttime, I always seem to be able to self-vote in the morning though.

ebbf9121-a9b7-4898-b962-30f35b9c6708.png

For this week I first wanted to put that new M3 Eriköning Edition up but in last moment decided not to. So I went for a black with minimal blue trim lines i8. If anyone sees it, please give it a vote!

Last edited:
And @strela now I could also not vote afterwards.
Forgot to update, but I could voted the day after. Maybe I got those ❤️ past midnight and you can only vote the day after? It's a mystery? 😊

As for resto-mods... I'm not sure how to feel about it in general, but I sure love the new/old M3 and the Charger.

df45b798-0b26-473d-a785-44d6d68c09ac_Thumbnail.PNG

fd1c05d3-b1de-483a-96be-d9714dde6a60_Thumbnail.PNG

Speaking to a friend of mine. He managed 1 million points in the last Summit and ended 20k+. Not even enough for gold. This system is just wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah I didn’t get gold either but I didn’t even try, did every event just once for the sake of completion. 😎 But with the same mindset I easily got platinum in TC2.

Personally I prefer the Horizon way of “just complete some stuff and you get your rewards” over Crew’s way of “be top 10000 or loose it”. But as long as TCM Summit rewards return at some point it’s all fine for me.

I only really hop on to for a car summit anymore, but it’s baffling this game still lacks the legendary set icons on cars. It’s been in TC2 for awhile now.

Your car collection having to reload pictures every time you swap between TC2 and Motorfest is also still horrible.

Last edited:
The development of Motorfest and TC2 updates were probably done in parallel, so it makes sense why Motorfest doesn't have those TC2 QoL updates yet.

But some features are worse than TC2 for some inexplicable reason.
Like the livery editor UI for example...

TC2 livery editor
The Crew® 2 (39).png

Motorfest livery editor
F57eCzCaQAA8lYx.jpg

Anyone who tests the game would immediately notice that this overly large UI is an obstacle to work, so why didn't any of the IVT staff try the livery editor's 2D mode?

Speaking to a friend of mine. He managed 1 million points in the last Summit and ended 20k+. Not even enough for gold. This system is just wrong.
Not sure what the exploits / hacks are but there are a core of players who post crazy fast times every summit which effectively freezes out the genuine players. Last time 1.1m only got gold level, when I checked the leader boards the times were like 40 seconds faster on 2-3 min race lengths even with nitro chemist set. A benchmark rather than a leader board would be better given the cheating going on.

This week’s summit contest saw the release of a special BMW M3 E30 Erlkönig Edition, along with in-game clothing items that have also been released physically on the BMW Lifestyle store. Apparently, buying the Erlkönig Edition M3 will give you a discount code for the BMW Lifestyle store, as well as an early unlock for an additional BMW in-game clothing item, but despite having bought the BMW Lifestyle bundle with this car and the clothing items early on Wednesday not long after it released, I still haven’t received an e-mail with the discount code. Has anyone else got this car and/or bundle, and if so, have they had their discount code come through?

Just received the code for some clothes.

5b5b90ece215b3cf2ec731c4d3d5ed4c4ca0b50d.png
Where did you receive your code? Was it through your e-mail address or through Ubisoft Connect? And did you buy the Erlkönig E30 on its own, or did you purchase the BMW Lifestyle bundle?

Where did you receive your code? Was it through your e-mail address or through Ubisoft Connect? And did you buy the Erlkönig E30 on its own, or did you purchase the BMW Lifestyle bundle?
Got the code trough e-mail. Redeemed the code trough Ubi Connect. Bought the E30 on it's own.

Last edited:
Got the code trough e-mail. Redeemed the code trough Ubi Connect. Bought the E30 on it's own.
I see… I bought the Lifestyle bundle that included the E30, but still haven’t got an e-mail 48 hours after my purchase. It would be a bit unfair if the bundle, which is available only for Crew Credits, included the car but didn’t give you the discount and item unlock codes…

I have the email for a code but though it was for the stuff i bought for the summit this week which was annoying lol is there more stuff to be had ? i didn't really care i had 10 mill in the bank

I have the email for a code but though it was for the stuff i bought for the summit this week which was annoying lol is there more stuff to be had ? i didn't really care i had 10 mill in the bank
There should be two codes sent to owners of the Erlkönig E30, I believe. One is to unlock the Erlkönig gilet and black M cap in-game as seen in @strela’s screenshot, while the other is a 20% discount for the physical clothing items on the BMW Lifestyle store.

I have opened a support ticket with Ubisoft, so hopefully I might be able to get a response from them as to whether I am eligible for the codes e-mail, and if they can send them to me. It would really dampen my enthusiasm for this collaboration if I were to somehow miss out on these codes despite buying the premium all-in-one bundle with these items.

It would really dampen my enthusiasm for this collaboration if I were to somehow miss out on these codes despite buying the premium all-in-one bundle with these items.
I know it's not much but in-game clothing will be available in 70 days and I can give you my code for the BMW store.
I'm still confident the mail will come eventually for you too. And I know it's too late but you could have saved 35k CC if you bought the car with Bucks.

I know it's not much but in-game clothing will be available in 70 days and I can give you my code for the BMW store.
I'm still confident the mail will come eventually for you too. And I know it's too late but you could have saved 35k CC if you bought the car with Bucks.
Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I couldn't wait any longer and I've already ordered my clothing items. Here's hoping the M Dark Cloud hoodie I pre-ordered previously also shows up soon. I've been quite excited about these items for a while now, but I'm not sure if I'll really be interested in any future collaborations from The Crew Motorfest considering my experiences with the BMW collab.

Ivory did it again... They nerfed the 2 drag races from the Donk vs Lowrider playlist by removing the clean driving bonus option. Why??? It was like a few bucks/h better than Ridin' in my Buick. You can't have too much fun grinding for money. :banghead:

Back