The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
Paging driftking18594, please proceed to the guest lobby.
Sorry I'm late, I had to do a crapload of grovelling to cyber-Asuka today for looking at yesterday's OADA. :ouch:
Holy :lol: Do you guys find engrish hysterical?
Yep, and I find it embarrassing too. What sort of idiot would call their company "Body Shop Sunday"? They deserve to be hounded by an iPhone app which just shouts "Anta baka?" repeatedly.
18058260.jpg
Last time I checked, Yebisu wasn't green.

Glad to see we hit 1000!
Keep enjoying and love the pictures, keep it up yall.

Btw, any Naruto readers here? How about the developments in the last two issues? :eek:
Great stuff!

So I just heard of an anime called Sleeping With Hinako.

It's literally 49 minutes of a girl named Hinako sleeping. :lol:

So I just heard of an anime called Sleeping With Hinako.

It's literally 49 minutes of a girl named Hinako sleeping. :lol:

I think I've heard of that. Doesn't she also do exercises or something?

Now that my coonection is no longer slow as hell (for the time being, anyway) I'll have to hurry up and do this...

OADY:

Qhb8a.jpg

Just finished Angel Beats.

What's up with that show? It starts off like a dumb comedy show but then starts building up to some huge drama. I was kind of expecting it would have some psychological depth due to the whole "we are dead" thing but I wasn't expecting it to grow that much.

Anyway, it has a decent ending but it was apparently rushed. Suddenly the guy is desperately in love... when did that happen? And how did she die after him but got there much earlier than him? I did hear a theory about Otonashi being the creator of the software, and transforming himself into an NPC to transform back to human when Tenshi arrives. It makes some sense, but not much if you ask me.

Oh well, I guess the ending fits the drama, but I wasn't expecting it, or it's holes.

Overall I liked it, even if it changes so much it starts with a genre and ends with another one.

Just finished Angel Beats.

What's up with that show? It starts off like a dumb comedy show but then starts building up to some huge drama. I was kind of expecting it would have some psychological depth due to the whole "we are dead" thing but I wasn't expecting it to grow that much.

Anyway, it has a decent ending but it was apparently rushed. Suddenly the guy is desperately in love... when did that happen? And how did she die after him but got there much earlier than him? I did hear a theory about Otonashi being the creator of the software, and transforming himself into an NPC to transform back to human when Tenshi arrives. It makes some sense, but not much if you ask me.

Oh well, I guess the ending fits the drama, but I wasn't expecting it, or it's holes.

Overall I liked it, even if it changes so much it starts with a genre and ends with another one.

Actuallly...
What we are dead thing? The setting was the afterlife after all.

When did Otonashi start becomnig interested? Like at some point where he learned that Kanade wasn't an angel and just a regular human being.

What's this software you talking about? The setting isn't a virtual reality...

And the whole "Kanade got there first" thing has been ongoing for a long time. Recently, someone suggested that Kanade had fell into a coma due to a poor heart or somthing along the lines and obtained some sort of access to the afterlife without actually being labelled off as "deceased"...and THEN Otonashi dies and then his heart is given to her...she stays in the coma until she "accepts her fate" by going to thank Otonashi...

Aside from that, I totally love the humour... Rocket Propelled Chairs was too good.... find episode 14 (alternatively ep 4.5 or Stairway to Heaven; OVA).
That's your next mission. Got it, Dravonic?

Operationnn Start-uhhh!!!!

Actuallly...
What we are dead thing? The setting was the afterlife after all.

When did Otonashi start becomnig interested? Like at some point where he learned that Kanade wasn't an angel and just a regular human being.

What's this software you talking about? The setting isn't a virtual reality...

And the whole "Kanade got there first" thing has been ongoing for a long time. Recently, someone suggested that Kanade had fell into a coma due to a poor heart or somthing along the lines and obtained some sort of access to the afterlife without actually being labelled off as "deceased"...and THEN Otonashi dies and then his heart is given to her...she stays in the coma until she "accepts her fate" by going to thank Otonashi...

Aside from that, I totally love the humour... Rocket Propelled Chairs was too good.... find episode 14 (alternatively ep 4.5 or Stairway to Heaven; OVA).
That's your next mission. Got it, Dravonic?

Operationnn Start-uhhh!!!!

Watched it already :lol:

The software that controls NPCs that Yuri destroys in episode 12. That was created by someone who fell in love and was unable to wait for his love, so he used it to transform himself into an NPC

I agree it isn't a virtual reality but there's a lot of software, computer-developed skills, numbers frying from monsters... I was expecting some kind of matrix actually :lol:

Last edited:
Oh that's right, only select people can view it :sly:

...forgot to mention it. har har har

*runs to a table-proof shelter*

He's going to have one up by the time the sun rises here.......

Here, stare at this in awe while you wait.

picture.php

I love that lighting, it fits so well the theme.

Is also quite interesting too see how you portrait the red light sources, which contrast pretty well with the metallic touches.

Back