The GT7 Bonus Livery Editor Competition #04 (24 Hours of Le Mans & Spa)

• Thread starter Racerx_34
  • 69 comments
Finally found one that I don't think has been done before. I used the '81 Porsche for the whale tail, but it did mean I had to make a few decal placement adjustments.
1719487638252.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi,

it was really tough to find a favorite in the huge list of cars that entered those two endurance classics.

This is in my eyes a pretty remarkable story, as this was in 1979 by far the fastest car in LeMans 1979 in his class, scoring a 4th overall with a more or less "normal" 934, a car that you could buy as a 930 in your friendly Porsche dealership. These Swiss guys had an excellentl weekend at La Sarthe!

The diamonds on the wheelarches drove me pretty crazy and I ended up handcrafting them. Also the base colour is chrome to get the chromed lights. So much fun to drive this beast with some added HP in GT7!

Original:

1000037987.jpg

If you are interested in this copy, there's the link:

Last edited:
Rouse Engineering's #17 Bartibouw Group A Sierra RS 500 - Spa 6th place finish in 1987

I'm new to this but thought I'd give it a try. I wanted to improve my skills to make higher quality liveries and learn how to make my own decals. I used 3 community decals and the rest were made using Inkscape. The grass tested me but thanks to a touchscreen laptop and cheap stylus I was able to trace a section from a photo of the actual car from the race. All the decals and placement came from looking closely at the 6 race photos I found from 1987 to make the livery as authentic as possible. I chose to do this particular car because I needed a livery for an RS 500 I had just tuned. I looked through hundreds of photos of cars but as soon as I saw the turtle I knew this was the livery I wanted to do.

I want to thank those that put the contest together and everyone participating for letting me be a part of it. It was a lot of fun (with a little frustration) and a great learning experience!

Last edited:
Rouse Engineering's #17 Bartibouw Group A Sierra RS 500 - Spa 6th place finish in 1987

I'm new to this but thought I'd give it a try. I wanted to improve my skills to make higher quality liveries and learn how to make my own decals. I used 3 community decals and the rest were made using Inkscape. The grass tested me but thanks to a touchscreen laptop and cheap stylus I was able to trace a section from a photo of the actual car from the race. All the decals and placement came from looking closely at the 6 race photos I found from 1987 to make the livery as authentic as possible. I chose to do this particular car because I needed a livery for an RS 500 I had just tuned. I looked through hundreds of photos of cars but as soon as I saw the turtle I knew this was the livery I wanted to do.

I want to thank those that put the contest together and everyone participating for letting me be a part of it. It was a lot of fun (with a little frustration) and a great learning experience!
Welcome to the show and great work!

Great work on your first entry and welcome aboard. I was debating doing some Sierra before I settled for the 962. Yours look great!

Nice. Tidy livery.

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy the LECs.

No time for bonus shots and no time to hang my PS5 on my TV, so kinda low res, but here's the 1997 Spa24h runner up. Too bad you ant really see the metallic gold base paint.

Last edited:
No time for bonus shots and no time to hang my PS5 on my TV, so kinda low res, but here's the 1997 Spa24h runner up.
that reminds me some LEC competitions back in GTS days where I took the mandatory pics and bonus shots through remote playing while at work. Thank heavens for home office work.

Back