The GT7 Bonus Livery Editor Competition #04 (24 Hours of Le Mans & Spa)

• Thread starter Racerx_34
  • 70 comments
FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Pro

1000002394.jpg
1000002395.jpg

1000002389.jpg
1000002390.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Amazing, I absolutley love your usage of gradients, great choice and great execution my good sir!
Wow how? That is really unique, well done man
Cheers for all the likes and kind comments :cheers:
FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
I've updated one of the bonus photos. This TIMY is one of 3 cars that had a pinstripe and gradated flake livery in the 1978 Le Mans, the Bravo 934 was the 3rd livery I attempted when GTS came out, (on the Gr3 Porsche), I failed so many times lol, but I've had plenty of time to track down photos, make decals and figure a way to do it.

I took these photos to make decals while working on the Bravo version. The starting point is dark flakes; they take colour transparencies and keep saturation, the more transparent your decal the better, which usually means bright to start with, and usually maximum saturation for colours that are 'above mid brightness' once mixed with the base.
... (continuing photo description) yellow transparency. I ended up making a decal for the roof corner and other 'transition' areas, pie slice gradients are good for filling the gaps because they deform flexibly. Transparency overlaps and gaps stick out like a sore thumb, you have to be close to pixel perfect :boggled:. Place a decal at the angle of the photo when you go off to make decals, so you get the placement correct later.
... and replace with gradient (bright green for TIMY), adjust width and 20% transparent, duplicate gradient and make black. For the Silver headlight surrounds, theres a break in the yellow base transparency, and a 16% transparent white with a tinge of blue to offset the dark yellow flake (it's 20% in the photo). There's a lot of trial and error with dark flakes and transparencies after trying the livery in different lighting. For the TIMY I used the greener dark yellow flake.

Back