The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

I wish mostly 3 things.

Full support for VR in all modes of the game.
A good Carrer mode like in the older GT titles. Also with options to change lenght of races.
Better AI in single player races, with more options to adjust the strengh of the AI.

For me I would love to buy up a 2nd hand wreck and paint and tune it up to become my customised vehicle. Online sign in needs to be for online racing only (purchasing vehicles and painting them / using regular career mode should not need to be going online at all). Offline regular career mode is all I care about, I would like full choice of vehicles and tyres with the AI scaling up BOP to meet my set up, not having a car spec reduced to fit like current BOP ewww. AI that reacts more like people would: no driving on rails fixed lines, perhaps a rival mode like in grid with a driver going hard if you bump them. Less penalties, make contact or bad driving a cost... lose time by impairing a vehicles performance like in dirt 2.0 (bent steering or reduced power etc)

Liveries:
  • Allow for creation of template liveries that can be edited by a group of the creator's choice:
    • Public
    • Private
    • Friends only

This is something I was thinking about, a few days back. I run a lot of one make lobby races. It would be great to have a base livery for people to edit.

None of this "place this decal here" nonsense.

As much as I agree with many of the ideas here, one such thing I've been repeatedly asking for should be the fact that all the cars in the game should be in Arcade/Free Play Mode as rental/courtesy cars. Polyphony should stop leaving us with less than 1% of the entire list of cars in Arcade/Free Play Mode, where absolutely no cars get added to the list of rental/courtesy cars regardless of whether you buy or acquire them, and that they won't even bother to update it whatsoever.

But of course, this shouldn't defeat the purpose of being able to use cars from our Garage in Arcade/Free Play Mode, and even buy more cars for that purpose.

It's already a good thing we can drive cars from our Garage, but not having an option to drive anything we want out of every single car as an option, only by having only less than 1% of all cars that are very random, promotes excessive grinding, which could get very tedious and boring. The benefit of having every car in the game in Arcade/Free Play Mode is to allow people to have more fun, experiment with other cars, or even try before they buy them. New cars that get added via updates/DLC should be in Arcade/Free Play Mode immediately, besides Brand Central.

If we have an option to use all the cars in the game in Arcade/Free Play Mode as rental cars, there would be a few caveats, such as:
  • Only car-specific colors/liveries can be selected (no custom liveries)
  • Upgrades and dress-up parts cannot be applied to these cars
  • Only basic tuning can be done (suspension, gearbox, downforce, etc., all of which are car-specific when stock)
  • Credits, XP, Mileage Points and Daily Workout distance cannot be earned driving these cars
Another idea is to make it like GT3 or Forza Motorsport 2 where their Arcade/Free Play modes in itself have races and challenges for you to complete in order to unlock cars for use, but first, a substantial amount of cars have to be available at the beginning as you unlock a wide variety of cars there.

Photomode
Enable export of multiple pictures from my library to external storage device in one step (like we already had in previous versions).

Better yet, have the option to send the files (uncompressed) to the email associated with out account or our GT account on PD/Sony website. It would be so much easier to post process them on a PC/tablet/phone.

I wish they would make a GT game for the players, leaving behind all the grandiose self-indulgent aspects such as running academies or race series: treating the game as if it's a platform to live out their own personal motorsport fantasies. Design the next GT for us, the players, listen to what we want for a change, & try your best to deliver on as much of it as is technically & financially possible. This thread would be a good place to start, then head on over to the Suggestions Forum.

I basically only want a more robust sp campaign on top of GT Sport.

Real-time lighting and dynamic time of day.

And no rally whatsoever.

- Event editor: you can create not only races, down to minutia about regulations, but whole series. That way I could build my own World Endurance Championship, with multiclass support, for racing alone, or even online. It would be awesome if the game itself offered this and the possibility of tracking participants points and whatnot! - and it would be a industry first, I believe.

- Time of Day and variable weather.

- Compeling single player carreer: I want to engage in something more meaningful than yet another Clubman Cup or whatever, give us a story, a driver's journey, you start from karting and, provided your results are good, you'll eventually get to more demanding disciplines. Sport mode is nice and all, but the idea that everybody can engage in it and have a good time is crazy.

- The car classes need a really comprehensive overhaul. I'm sorry, but a SRT Tomahawk or a McLaren F1 have no business being on track with a Porsche 919 Hybrid ou a Ferrari 458 GT3 car. PD could easily create classes by eras, for example, which would prevent the sad spectacle of BOPing Group C cars to oblivion in order to make them somewhat competitive against LMP1 machinery.

- I need an engineering shouting at me. Could be Kaz himself! Lewis Hamilton, I mean, how awesome is that?

Ability to move the third person camera around the car like you can in Forza
DisguisedHomelyIndri-size_restricted.gif

Or atleast give us the option to choose between the classic static GT camera or the movable one.

Make the cars sound more 'aggressive'

Most if not all of the cars in GT Sport sound like their real-life counterparts, but my complaint is that the cars sound too 'clean' and polished.

I posted this when the Aston Martin DBR9 was released but even though they both sound like the real car, PGR4 captured the aggressiveness of the engine sound perfectly, while GT Sport sounds like i'm driving a slightly modified roadcar. If i'm driving a racecar or any fastcar, I want it to sound aggressive.

That's the problem I have with some of the sounds in GT Sport. The sounds are actually spot-on/correct for the most part, they're just wayyy too clean sounding.

I expected the DRB9 to actually sound like a race-car and not sound like it has a silenced muffler system.

Case in point

The roughness/raspiness it should have

They still did a good job with it though and i'm just glad we got a few new cars to play around in.

Ability to move the third person camera around the car like you can in Forza
DisguisedHomelyIndri-size_restricted.gif

Or atleast give us the option to choose between the classic static GT camera or the movable one.

Make the cars sound more 'aggressive'

Most if not all of the cars in GT Sport sound like their real-life counterparts, but my complaint is that the cars sound too 'clean' and polished.

I posted this when the Aston Martin DBR9 was released but even though they both sound like the real car, PGR4 captured the aggressiveness of the engine sound perfectly, while GT Sport sounds like i'm driving a slightly modified roadcar. If i'm driving a racecar or any fastcar, I want it to sound aggressive.

They had that feature in early GTSport demo build. But never brought back in the full game.

The biggest thing for me is increasing the online lobby sizes. It’s a bit silly still only having 16 maximum in a lobby at a time, especially when you have a league with so many entries that 8 or 9 cars get knocked out due to the small lobby size.

After that, I’d focus on adding more modern/historic race cars. There are plenty of street cars in the game already, and GT7 will surely add a lot more, but the race car department is lacking by a noticeable amount. They’re still missing numerous GT3/GTE cars that can easily fit in Gr.3, if they keep the classes. They’re also missing the modern/historical DTM cars, a good chunk of TCR cars, lots of Prototypes, P2s, P3s, GT4s, rally cars, NASCAR, and even cup cars like the MX-5.

Then, focus on adding more race tracks. The Americas region is still lacking in that department, but I have a feeling the ones from 5/6 may end up returning. Still are missing quite a few road courses that could produce great racing on GT7. The European region could use a tiny bump in tracks as well, and the Asia/Oceania region definitely has room for more tracks to be added.

Finally, a proper career mode. It wasn’t exactly fun realizing it took less than 4 days to completely beat the entire vanilla GTS game. Felt like I was playing Destiny 2 vanilla all over again. A career mode like GT3/4 would be amazing, especially if they bring back a B-Spec mode like GT5 where we could train our drivers.

Gran Turismo sells PlayStations. They would get no extra money from people buying PCs, and be left with a load of PlayStations unsold. So I doubt that would ever happen. ;) Now if Sony decide they are not doing any more PlayStations at some point, then maybe. ;) :lol:

I don't think Sony turns a profit on the PlayStation, actually I'm not sure any of the console makers do, at least not for a long time. They do make money on games though and being able to offer a game to a larger player base means more sales, thus more profit.

Also, Microsoft still sold plenty of Xbox's despite most of its exclusives also being available on Xbox for Windows.

• Give GT7 an actual properly focused direction and stop digging through the tired old CarPG formula that dogged GT5 and GT6.
  • Bring up to date race cars to the forefront and build a single player career focused around them.
  • Rebuild the physics with a proper tire model to make a sim worthy of running with the competition.

Please allow exposures of 1/5, 1/8 and 1/15 in photo mode, from what I remember, GT Sport doesn't allow shutter speeds below 1/50 which is the reason I don't use photo mode.

Also, please put the sun in the CORRECT position for sunset at Le Mans (the sun does not set at Mulsanne Corner FFS).

Annoying inaccuracies like this mean I can't replicate stuff like this which I take there in the real world:

upload_2020-5-11_14-36-10.png

upload_2020-5-11_14-39-48.png

• Minimal menus like GT Sport with great soundtracks feeling like you are somewhere luxurious.
  • The return of Moon Over The Castle song especially for the opening movie. The legendary GT4 orchestral version!:bowdown::bowdown:
Seriously if this happens I will not need anything else.
  • Return of GT Auto.
  • Soundtracks in events/mode selection that we grew up with. Example 1, example 2.
  • Wider variety of campaign and maybe a bit more competitive AI in some cases. Driving missions, special conditions, beginner, professional and extreme events(?)
  • Snow tracks.
  • Maybe more than 3 sport mode races to choose from.
  • Support of more than 16 players in lobbies.
  • Ability to create multiclass race lobbies with BoP option.
  • Replay mode with more options and angles (a great and anticipated option for us who want to create cinematics and other kind of edits).
  • Return of legendary tracks such as Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Seattle and many more.
  • Ability to search for a player in the discovery section. Really needed option to find users and get liveries, decals etc. It's really time-consuming going to Kudosprime, search for a user, open their profile in the GT website, then go to their gallery and save their livery/decal.
  • 360° rotate chase cam. I still question why this option was removed from the beta:odd:
  • Dynamic time of day and weather. We're talking about PS5. Since Kaz mentioned that this option couldn't happen for PS4 due to everything being so high quality already. So we hope on that.
Conclusion: Make GT7 like GT4 and become billionaires:drool: Give us nostalgic tears and make us relive our childhood!

Last edited:
•I would LOVE to see the CAR WASH brought back!
• Lotus as manufacturer with the 97T of course
• Chapparall 2j (and likes )
• More emphasis on classic cars
• Goodwood Hillclimb
• Andalucia roadstage
•Lola, Dallara,

I'm sure some of these have been mentioned before, but these are my main concerns (outside of cars/tracks)

- More dynamic AI, that actually might acknowledge the existence of a player

- dynamic weather/time

- GT5-esque rally stages

- racing modifications

- improved 'community' interface when searching for liveries etc.

- GT4-style career mode (make it seem worthwhile)

1. Driver changes in multiplayer. This would make a great combination with dynamic weather and day/night for endurance races. Today in GTS if you want a multi driver endurance race you need to split it up into heats to make sure every driver has time in the car. This would be a great feature for league organizers.

2. Larger lobbies and lobby passwords. One of the most annoying things in organizing a league is sending out friend requests to every driver and having the 16 person limit, especially considering that many leagues have stewards/commentators. Having a larger lobby limit would be a great relief and allow for more drivers and staff, and having lobby passwords (or shorter IDs) would eliminate the annoyance of friend requests. Considering the much more powerful CPU and GPU in the PS5 it would be doable.

Latest Posts

Back