The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be fair he had a late start and is trying to making up ground.
Did you skip the part where if the current grassroots donor rule was still in place, the rule every other current candidate abided by, he wouldn't be allowed to run this late anyway?
The Democratic National Committee has dropped grassroots fundraising qualifications for the party’s Feb. 19 debate before the Nevada caucuses, opening the possibility that billionaire Michael Bloomberg could make his first appearance on stage.
The ultrabillionaire is self-funding his White House bid — spending at least $188 million from the time he entered the race on Nov. 24 until the end of the year, according to disclosures filed Friday — and thus never could have qualified had Perez continued to require debate participants to reach a certain number of donors.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...871e98-4460-11ea-99c7-1dfd4241a2fe_story.html
But "buying" votes is kind of what all politicians do, the big difference is, that he is using his own money.
Why is this a go-to argument for Bloomberg? "He's using his own money", as if it negates any of the questionable decisions made by the DNC that only he has benefited from b/c he's a billionaire?

The fact he's using his own money is practically the reason he shouldn't be running b/c he can literally buy his way into a nominee over people like Bernie (whether I like him or not) who is actively campaigning for people's financial/physical well being, instead of Bloomberg who runs "Trump Bad" ads every hour of the day. Bloomberg's latest ad sneakily uses an exert from a compliment Obama gave about him to project as an Obama-approved candidate.

Edit*
I'm going to share with you a CNN article in which the author recounts living in New York during Bloomberg's time.
I lived in New York City during the Bloomberg administration, and I can tell you first-hand he was a great mayor for some -- but not for those who were black, brown or Muslim. Bluntly, Bloomberg's policies sent a message that blacks, Hispanics and Muslims didn't deserve the same civil rights as other New Yorkers enjoyed.
Bloomberg's "stop and frisk" policy was as racist as it gets in terms of its real-world impact. As the ACLU documented, during Bloomberg's 12-year tenure as mayor, there were more than 5 million "stop and frisk" stops. "Though they accounted for only 4.7% of the city's population, black and Latino males between the ages of 14 and 24 accounted for 41% of stops between 2003 and 2013," the ACLU wrote. The report also made it clear that the policy overwhelmingly targeted people who had done nothing wrong: "Nearly 90% of young black and Latino men stopped were innocent."

In fact, in 2013, a federal judge ruled that Bloomberg's "stop and frisk" policy was unconstitutional because it violated the Fourth Amendment's protections against unreasonable searches and seizures and the 14th Amendment's guarantee that all Americans are to be treated equally regardless of race.

In response to this federal judge ruling, was Bloomberg apologetic, vowing to end this racist policy? No, just the opposite. He promised to appeal the decision, sounding a very Trumpian note at the time, as he "angrily accused the judge of deliberately denying the city 'a fair trial,'" according to the New York Times.

Bloomberg's surveillance of the Muslim community, while receiving less media attention than his "stop and frisk" policy, was also wrong and painful. Under Bloomberg, beginning in 2003, undercover New York Police Department agents spied on Muslims where we ate, prayed, shopped and went to school. For example, the NYPD would secretly videotape worshipers attending mosques, logging where Muslims wearing Islamic clothes ate meals and recording their lunch-counter conversations.

The NYPD even infiltrated Muslim college student groups, and not just in New York City but across the Northeast, and, according to the AP, "on one occasion (it) sent an undercover officer with students from The City College of New York on a whitewater rafting trip."
When Bloomberg was asked if police had gone too far by sending the agent on the rafting trip, he responded "no."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/24/opin...ocratic-candidate-flaws-obeidallah/index.html

You can't honestly tell us Bloomberg is someone you like after the outspoken posts you've had concerning Trump's racism & anti-Muslim controversies.

Last edited:
Did you skip the part where if the current grassroots donor rule was still in place, the rule every other current candidate abided by, he wouldn't be allowed to run this late anyway?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...871e98-4460-11ea-99c7-1dfd4241a2fe_story.html

Why is this a go-to argument for Bloomberg? "He's using his own money", as if it negates any of the questionable decisions made by the DNC that only he has benefited from b/c he's a billionaire?

The fact he's using his own money is practically the reason he shouldn't be running b/c he can literally buy his way into a nominee over people like Bernie (whether I like him or not) who is actively campaigning for people's financial/physical well being, instead of Bloomberg who runs "Trump Bad" ads every hour of the day. Bloomberg's latest ad sneakily uses an exert from a compliment Obama gave about him to project as an Obama-approved candidate.

Edit*
I'm going to share with you a CNN article in which the author recounts living in New York during Bloomberg's time.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/24/opin...ocratic-candidate-flaws-obeidallah/index.html

You can't honestly tell us Bloomberg is someone you like after the outspoken posts you've had Trump's racism & anti-Muslim discussions.
Rules? Bah! Who needs rules?
What you are seeing right before your eyes is the heavy thumb of the establishment.

Wait.... his surname is pronounced "Booty-judge"?!
He is gay, but that isn't how it's pronounced.

ufAcXYY.jpg

It's Boot-Edge-Edge!

Could be Mayor Pete is a flash of fool's gold in the bottom of the pan.

Come Super Tuesday a mega-billionaire oligarch is going to upset the applecart. Then, as in a kaleidoscope, the crystals will realign and a new pattern emerge.

Last edited:
Could be Mayor Pete is a flash of fool's gold in the bottom of the pan.

Come Super Tuesday a mega-billionaire oligarch is going to upset the applecart. Then, as in a kaleidoscope, the crystals will realign and a new pattern emerge.
Are you Marianne Williamson?

President Trump
Hypothetical President Butt

America is obsessed with ass. Particularly electing one to high office.

President Trump
Hypothetical President Butt

America is obsessed with ass. Particularly electing one to high office.

Which just makes it all the more puzzling that Hillary didn't win. She's got more meat than a cow.

Cc1iaKnUUAAMDDv.jpg

Edit*

You can't honestly tell us Bloomberg is someone you like after the outspoken posts you've had concerning Trump's racism & anti-Muslim controversies.

Stop and frisk was a stain in his current history. But it pales in sight of the history of Trump. If you are insinuating, because stop and frisk was racist, Bloomberg must be racist, it doesnt compute with me.

He is not buying votes, but ads, people ultimately decide who to vote for. It isnt a single "go to" argument. It is one of the arguments. One which Trump falsely used during his campaign:

https://publicintegrity.org/politics/actions-not-words-tell-trumps-political-money-story/

The narrative was repeated by pro-Trumpers till this day and had a significant share in his ultimately succesfull election bid.

edit: sharing an anecdotal CNN article is a subjective account. He did have 3 terms and had his successes.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/michael-bloombergs-record-in-new-york-city-11574616519

He did admit fault and apologised for stop and frisk. Admitting mistakes is something Trump has never done in his whole life and keeps showing his narcissism.

Stop and frisk was a stain in his current history. But it pales in sight of the history of Trump. If you are insinuating, because stop and frisk was racist, Bloomberg must be racist, it doesnt compute with me.

He is not buying votes, but ads, people ultimately decide who to vote for. It isnt a single "go to" argument. It is one of the arguments. One which Trump falsely used during his campaign:

https://publicintegrity.org/politics/actions-not-words-tell-trumps-political-money-story/

The narrative was repeated by pro-Trumpers till this day and had a significant share in his ultimately succesfull election bid.

edit: sharing an anecdotal CNN article is a subjective account. He did have 3 terms and had his successes.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/michael-bloombergs-record-in-new-york-city-11574616519

He did admit fault and apologised for stop and frisk. Admitting mistakes is something Trump has never done in his whole life and keeps showing his narcissism.

Why do you feel the need to defend Bloomberg? It's not like you're American or anything.

Why do you feel the need to defend Bloomberg? It's not like you're American or anything.

Because I believe he is the best candidate the dems have to beat Trump. Berny and Warren are too much left to really challenge Trump. Mayor Pete is still too "lightweight" in my opinion. Although I am not american, I still have an opinion I would like to share.

Stop and frisk was a stain in his current history. But it pales in sight of the history of Trump.
"He did something bad, but not as bad as Trump, so he's okay".

I mean, it's not like Bloomberg's policy targeted 52.6% (black/latino) of New York's population at one point.
If you are insinuating, because stop and frisk was racist, Bloomberg must be racist, it doesnt compute with me.
I didn't indicate Bloomberg was racist. I'm questioning your repeated history of calling out Trump for the controversial, racist policies he wants, but over-looking Bloomberg's multiple controversial policies. So far, your argument is, "Well, Trump did more bad things than Bloomberg".
He is not buying votes, but ads, people ultimately decide who to vote for.
He's buying candidacy.
That change follows a spike in Bloomberg’s national polling as he’s blanketed the country in ads in an explicit strategy to focus on the post-February states. It also comes several months after Bloomberg gave $300,000 to the DNC in three donations on the same day in November.

Bloomberg’s Democratic competitors, already criticizing him for buying his way into the election, blasted the DNC for changing the rules in a way that appears to favor one candidate: Bloomberg.
“To now change the rules in the middle of the game to accommodate Mike Bloomberg, who is trying to buy his way into the Democratic nomination, is wrong,” Bernie Sanders senior advisor Jeff Weaver said in a statement released by the campaign. “That’s the definition of a rigged system.”
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...lar300000-two-days-before-he-entered-the-race

The article is there b/c it reflects the personal opinion of a Muslim living in NY at that time. If you bothered to read it, it has links that lead to sources backing up his claim.
Oh he did?
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg offered a full-throated defense of the New York Police Department's use of "stop and frisk" policing Tuesday evening, attributing the city's declining murder rate during his tenure as mayor to the controversial policy.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics/bloomberg-stop-and-frisk/index.html

Last edited:
Because I believe he is the best candidate the dems have to beat Trump. Berny and Warren are too much left to really challenge Trump. Mayor Pete is still too "lightweight" in my opinion. Although I am not american, I still have an opinion I would like to share.

Hm. Seems like you're not so different from the hardcore Trump-can-do-no-wrong supporters either. You're willing to overlook significant faults in a candidate in order to get the party you want into office. Presumably because the party matters the most, the candidate is just a vehicle.

Tell me, if the Democrats were guaranteed to win the presidency and all we were talking about was who sits in the Oval Office, how much of a difference do you think it makes between your perfect candidate and someone like Bloomberg? Does the person actually matter, or would any Democrat be much the same? Because you're saying that he's a compromise that you're willing to accept because he's more electable (which is a valid choice), and I'm curious about how much you're willing to give up to win.

Yet Bernie is leading against Trump in Polling averages:

And how far ahead did the polls have Hillary against Trump in 2016?
Polls are worthless as they can be easily manipulated to obtain the results desired for whatever the agenda.

And how far ahead did the polls have Hillary against Trump in 2016?
Polls are worthless as they can be easily manipulated to obtain the results desired for whatever the agenda.
The polls where correct in that they predicted Hillary had more votes.

Back