The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As an american, I think I've had my share of billionaires playing at politics thank you very much. I would rather have someone who was raised from lower middle class is worth > 1 million and isnt a business owner with a stake in the market their policies influence.

As an american, I think I've had my share of billionaires playing at politics thank you very much. I would rather have someone who was raised from lower middle class is worth > 1 million and isnt a business owner with a stake in the market their policies influence.

That is quite unfair. To assume that Trump and Bloomberg have similarities, because they are both very wealthy. As a Billionare worth 60 Billion I would say he is much less influenced by business then Trump (real estate) and also democratic candidates.

That is quite unfair. To assume that Trump and Bloomberg have similarities, because they are both very wealthy. As a Billionare worth 60 Billion I would say he is much less influenced by business then Trump (real estate) and also democratic candidates.
While it's great that he's not trump, and surely, dont get me wrong, I would vote for him over Trump. But, I want a person who deals daily with the struggles that most americans have to deal with, not someone so far removed from them that they're 1% of the 1%.

Last edited:
While it's great that he's not trump, and surely, dont get me wrong, I would vote for him over Trump. But, I want a person who deals daily with the struggles that most americans have to deal with, not someone so far removed from then that's their are 1% of the 1%.

That is where I disagree. You need a candidate that listens to the people and not one that is a narcissist and only follows his own advice. And unlike Trump, he is selfmade. Having a person that deals with struggles daily will alienate the people who potentially do not struggle.

That is where I disagree. You need a candidate that listens to the people and not one that is a narcissist and only follows his own advice. And unlike Trump, he is selfmade. Having a person that deals with struggles daily will alienate the people who potentially do not struggle.
Ahhh, so alienate everyone else in the country? The bulk of the voter base? The vast majority?

Why specifically lower middle class? $1M is really not that high for net worth. The gulf between 1 billion and 1 million is something I think most people don't grasp. Like it would take me somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 years to earn $1M gross. It would take me 10,000 years to earn $1B gross.

Why specifically lower middle class? $1M is really not that high for net worth. The gulf between 1 billion and 1 million is something I think most people don't grasp. Like it would take me somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 years to earn $1M gross. It would take me 10,000 years to earn $1B gross.
Because it's an arbitrary number I decided on. And I can grasp the gap between 1 dollar, 1 million, and one billion just fine.

Because it's an arbitrary number I decided on. And I can grasp the gap between 1 dollar, 1 million, and one billion just fine.

Just saying your $1M limit pretty much eliminates most people in professional industries older than like, 50. Unless they were not very wise with their finances...but I don't think that's particularly attractive for a presidential candidate either. Just owning a house on the west coast pretty much ensures you're in that company.

Just saying your $1M limit pretty much eliminates most people in professional industries older than like, 50. Unless they were not very wise with their finances...but I don't think that's particularly attractive for a presidential candidate either. Just owning a house on the west coast pretty much ensures you're in that company.
Yeah, I am good on having more old men as president too.

I'm thinking Mitt Romney would make a perfect democrat candidate. Many Trump supporters actually voted for him for president. And he got a healthcare thing done as governor... and he supports removal of Trump...

I'm thinking Mitt Romney would make a perfect democrat candidate. Many Trump supporters actually voted for him for president. And he got a healthcare thing done as governor... and he supports removal of Trump...

Kennedy Democrats voting for Reagan comes full circle.

With 92% of the vote counted, Bernie has closed to within 1% of winning Iowa. That would aggrieve the establishment.

If I were a US citizen, I would vote Bloomberg. A "real" billionair with actual experience and shares many of my values.
The problem is a large amount of Democrat supporters do not like him as much as Republicans don't like him, esp. those in Sanders' camp.

The man has run so many ads, there are reports he has driven up the cost of commercial time for other candidates in his time slots. Worse yet, it looks like the DNC could be playing favoritism. Rashida Tlaib says 2 members of the DNC committee were also working on Bloomberg's campaign, which she calls a conflict of interest. The DNC also removed the grass roots donor requirement which is what has allowed Bloomberg to enter the Presidential race this late. And of course, it has apparently happened around the time Bloomberg donated $10 million to a DNC PAC.

He's buying his way to be the nominee, and the DNC will throw the entire election away if they don't learn the lesson they did with Hillary & Bernie.

Last edited:
If I were a US citizen, I would vote Bloomberg. A "real" billionair with actual experience and shares many of my values.
Is he running TV ads over there too? I have never seen a politician run so many ads. Not just national network ads, but local ads too.

Is he running TV ads over there too? I have never seen a politician run so many ads. Not just national network ads, but local ads too.
Can’t get away from the 🤬.
He’s all over the internet too.
Election years seem longer than normal.

Back