US Midterm Elections 2014

Joking aside, I am assuming that you already allowed to kill a violent or rabid one threatening you or your property? I know we have had few laws for allowing that kind of thing that was fought with the "it's just an excuse to hunt them" opposition.

I believe so, but those who are claiming to have had their property threatened have been shown to be skewing the numbers. Only a handful of farmers had a problem and some how made it seem like if you walk out your house you'll be mauled by a wolf since they are overpopulated. I've lived in Michigan my entire life and even been deep into the northern part of the state and I can safely say I've never heard nor seen a wolf.

Like I said, I agree with hunting when there's a legitimate need for population control, but when there's less than 700 of them in the entire state with a large population being on Isle Royale (between 50-100 by some counts), I don't really think there's an issue. Deer on the other hand, I would easily vote to increase the amount of tags sold per year, there are some 1.3 million deer in Michigan and I'm sick of them trying to get into my garbage.

If only one thing happens tonight let it be the Democrats losing the Senate, then Harry Reid can be removed as the Senate Leader and hopefully removed from office in 2016. The man belongs in a jail cell for illegal use of campaign funds, corruption etc (not that it will ever happen).

And he also looks like the creep old man from Poltergeist 2.....

1_123125_123087_2240624_2258875_100907_jp_reidtn.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

77237_1224362181888_400_300.jpg

Updated results from RCP:

Senate

McConnell in KY is to be reelected as is Graham and Scott in South Carolina. No pickups for the GOP to be had here.

House

Current house count is 8 Democrats to 15 Republicans.

Governorships

Governor Haley in South Carolina retains his seat, so no pickups here.

Capito won the senate race in West Virginia. GOP Pickup.

Jon Kasich won the Governor's race in Ohio. GOP Hold.

Current House Numbers: 8 Democrats 18 Republicans

McConnell is so far in the lead that the first reports calling it were doing so at only 10% reporting. CNN made the call at 31%.

CNN is saying that Governor's races in New Hampshire and Florida are both very tight and currently too close to call.

Senate races in IL, MA, and NJ are called for the Democrats whereas the races in AL, MS, OK(both of them) and TN are all Republican wins. GOP still has a +1 gain.

House make up stands at 33 Democrats and 59 Republicans.

The Governor's races results:

Bentley wins in Alabama. GOP Hold.
Wolf wins in Pennsylvania. Democrat Pickup.
Haslam wins in Tennessee. GOP Hold.

Democrats have a +1 in the Governorship races.

It does look weird being unopposed. Even dictators hold elections and have an opponent, even if that opponent has no chance in hell to win.

A report from CNN says that Charlie Crist has conceded to incumbent Rick Scott in the Florida Governor's race. Scott, a Republican, has been re-elected.

The Republicans have taken the Senate. I kind of feel odd posting this, it was a while ago.

It is currently 45 Dems to 52 Repubs in the senate.

Maybe it's just me, but hearing Ted Cruz say that wants to work with the president on key issues when he was one of the key congressmen that lead the U.S. to the shutdown a couple years ago makes me laugh. In other news, New Hampshire might be facing a recount because the race is very close. By close, the report is that the vote is within 1,000 votes.

A report from CNN says that Charlie Crist has conceded to incumbent Rick Scott in the Florida Governor's race. Scott, a Republican, has been re-elected.

Literally the worst governor race in the country. Two scumbag criminals to choose from. They literally split the vote in half. I protest-voted for the libertarian guy, but, he never had a chance. Anyone that takes a bunch of press photos with marijuana leaf medallions around his neck is a moron and a joke.

That said, medical marijuana was 3 points away from passing. Fortunately or unfortunately, it failed. We need a CO Amendment 64 type of thing, not some crackpot medical marijuana vagueness added to the constitution. It sounded like it would become a huge liability for doctors and good medicine. Tons of people already smoke for recreational purposes down here. The law is not stopping them because it's a bad law. The issue should be that we need to not make them into criminals.

Anyway, I'm sort of glad Crist wasn't elected again. When he was the governor there were literally NO jobs in Florida. My dad employer was forced to merge with another huge company to deal with regulatory burden and taxes. He wound unemployed for a long time and was forced to look for jobs out of state after sending out hundreds of applications to no avail. Nobody was hiring and we had the worst unemployment rate in the country. It was terrible. Things have gotten better, but the truth is that all of these guys are a bunch of criminals. But that's another story.

The Republicans have taken the Senate. I kind of feel odd posting this, it was a while ago.

It is currently 45 Dems to 52 Repubs in the senate.

Thank goodness. At least Harry Reid is out of there. That is probably the best thing that could have happened to the country.

Maybe it's just me, but hearing Ted Cruz say that wants to work with the president on key issues when he was one of the key congressmen that lead the U.S. to the shutdown a couple years ago makes me laugh. In other news, New Hampshire might be facing a recount because the race is very close. By close, the report is that the vote is within 1,000 votes.

Most of the republican senators have been desperate to negotiate and work with the President on a lot of the things he rammed through Congress over this last term. But they haven't been able to thanks to Harry Reid and his stonewalling of any kind of debate, discussion, or negotiation. Every important thing that could have possibly challenged Obama's initiative has been constantly tabled or swept under the rug thanks to Harry Reid's shenanigans in the Senate. I'm not a fan of Ted Cruz (I think he's a fake tea party guy riding in Rand Paul's wake. His foreign policy is terrible) but he's right in this instance.

And the government shutdown thing is bullcrap. They didn't have money to keep parks open but they had money to keep combat vets off the grounds and plenty of money to bomb foreign countries.

Last edited:
Cuomo got reelected thanks to NYC. Goodbye New York.

It's going to get violent. The sheer outrage going on right now in this state is ridiculous.

Colorado style or "medical" style?
"Colorado style" I think, I saw a headline read earlier, "Oregon third state to legalize Marijuana" and I know there's more than two other states with Medical Marijuana

The whole medical marijuana thing is just a big snotty camel's nose trying to get under the legal tent. Just legalize it already.

I doubt there has ever been a single person that walked into a legal dispensary and asked for pot, but got offered heroin also.

Marijuana is not a gateway drug, and dispensaries are not gateway drug sales places.

If I know my United States political terminology, these results make Obama a lame duck President.

If I know my United States political terminology, these results make Obama a lame duck President.
Obama will not be able to confirm any cabinet appointments or judiciary (including the Supreme Court) nominations. If Congress takes it upon itself to enforce the Constitution, Obama will not be able to fund his pet wars, and his social programs including Obama-Care could easily be all scuppered. He could even be impeached if the Republican strategists thought it would reflect well upon them in '16.

This is the perfect time for him to resign and turn the chair over to good-time Joe Biden who will, comfortably for all, schmooze, booze and joke away the remainder of Obama's presidency.

Obama will not be able to confirm any cabinet appointments or judiciary (including the Supreme Court) nominations. If Congress takes it upon itself to enforce the Constitution, Obama will not be able to fund his pet wars, and his social programs including Obama-Care could easily be all scuppered. He could even be impeached if the Republican strategists thought it would reflect well upon them in '16.

This is the perfect time for him to resign and turn the chair over to good-time Joe Biden who will, comfortably for all, schmooze, booze and joke away the remainder of Obama's presidency.
There is very little Republicans will really be able to do. The Democrats will have no problem using filibuster tactics and Republicans would lack the votes to override a Presidential veto. Nothing will get passed, but Democrats won't be able to blame Republicans now.

So, Washington will pretty much grind to a hold until early 2017. Maybe this will be the wake up call for everyone who voted Demopublicans.

Colorado style! Love living in this state. However, local city governments are doing their best to ban dispensaries in their city limits. Some with success. Which I don't understand. Why mess with what the people voted for and bringing in taxes.

Back