The Hill - This is the end, beautiful friends, the end

Had a bit more time in the '09 Golf, did 3 laps and got my offline time to 8:06.5, which is 6 better than my previous 450pp best with the CR-Z.

A very responsive car, minimal understeer for 4wd, turns in nicely on the brakes, huge grip, early power. Best of all, if you get it a bit wrong or late you can throw it sideways to scrub your speed and take the corner rally style without losing loads of time 👍.

Looking forward to trying it out online. Good work Cy :bowdown:

Excellent time, 6 seconds is enough to keep people out of your draft on the final straight and guarantee the win. The MK VI Golf is my favourite of the lot, the TTs can run a little faster, but there's something about the fat, 5 door hatchback that raises it's appeal to me.

I was thinking about trying to dial out some slop in the rear, if it were a pure time trialling car, then I would. I didn't though, because it's nice to have under race conditions. Running like we do, you can lose a lot of time with a simple mistake, so as you rightly say, it's nice to be able to bring the rear round, apply a bit of opposite lock and drop a fat smoke screen..!!

Glad you're enjoying the big ol' tub, thanks for taking the time to let me know what you thought of it 👍

{Cy}

Howdy all,got some good runs together with the latest 3 German cars you put up Cy.Nice work.3 different cars on the same set up.3 totally different driving sensations,all with very similar times.

First up,the Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro, 07:57.942
It has trouble turning in its natural state,but that problem seems to have been tamed quite a bit.Turn in is a bit tricky,but a bit of practice helped solve that! The top speed of this car is quite shocking,the other 2 are close but cannot do what this car can in a straightaway.And the speed you can carry with the car also is quite impressive.

Next up,the Audi TTS Coupe 07:56.772
I got my best overall time with this car.Its almost as fast in the straights,turns very nice,and is very well mannered.A great setup for this car,with no surprises.

And last but not least,the VW Golf VI R 07:58.361
Funny thing the biggest one of the bunch and most portly was for me the most fun.It seems to have an agility that doesnt go very well with its girth.I was most impressed with this one,as I wasnt expecting to be able to do with it what I managed to end up doing.Controlling this car was very easy,and what it gives up in straightaway speed you can get back in the turns.Great job with this car,my favorite for sure!

Howdy all,got some good runs together with the latest 3 German cars you put up Cy.Nice work.3 different cars on the same set up.3 totally different driving sensations,all with very similar times.

First up,the Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro, 07:57.942
It has trouble turning in its natural state,but that problem seems to have been tamed quite a bit.Turn in is a bit tricky,but a bit of practice helped solve that! The top speed of this car is quite shocking,the other 2 are close but cannot do what this car can in a straightaway.And the speed you can carry with the car also is quite impressive.
This car starts out with the lowest PP, so it benefits from having the most parts added to it. Along with the slippery, aerodynamic body, this car can reach some great speeds. Curiously, all of them are capable of holding high top speeds, if you can catch a bit of draft. They just don't have the beans to overcome the weight on their own.
Next up,the Audi TTS Coupe 07:56.772
I got my best overall time with this car.Its almost as fast in the straights,turns very nice,and is very well mannered.A great setup for this car,with no surprises.
That's a great time, only 1.7 sec down on Praiano, in a Merc 190 E 👍 I've spent more time driving this TT than I have the regular 3.2. I'd be interested to see what sort of time you can post under race conditions. I know @406PP CS, the difference between a flying lap and a cold tyre, standing start was about 8 secs. I suspect that margin will be a little less @450PP SH.
And last but not least,the VW Golf VI R 07:58.361
Funny thing the biggest one of the bunch and most portly was for me the most fun.It seems to have an agility that doesnt go very well with its girth.I was most impressed with this one,as I wasnt expecting to be able to do with it what I managed to end up doing.Controlling this car was very easy,and what it gives up in straightaway speed you can get back in the turns.Great job with this car,my favorite for sure!
This is the car that started them all, so it may not be a surprise that this one is a favourite for you too. I love it. I love how it hangs on to the back of seemingly much faster traffic and I also love how it steams away if you get clear of the pack.

Thanks for taking the time to drive the cars and to let me know what you think of them, I do appreciate it. I look forward to our next online session, I suspect there may be some Teutonic Tectonics at The Ring..!!

{Cy}

Hi Cy!

I built and tried this: Audi TTS Coupe '09 450PP Sports Hard "Online Ring Edition". A really good car, very pleasant driving.
Can't wait to beat you with your own weapon, when you all will come back from Mars (or wherever you all are gone). :sly:
Thanks! 👍

I bet you were listening to some smooth classics on Jazz FM, maybe some Handel or Bach. Not only is it a pleasure to hunt the JDM guys down in this car, it's also nice to drown out their horrid whiny noises with the Bang & Olufsen sound system :sly:

I'll be back online again today, I'm struggling with controllers. The new one I bought turned out to be counterfeit 👎

{Cy}

I bet you were listening to some smooth classics on Jazz FM, maybe some Handel or Bach. Not only is it a pleasure to hunt the JDM guys down in this car, it's also nice to drown out their horrid whiny noises with the Bang & Olufsen sound system :sly:

I'll be back online again today, I'm struggling with controllers. The new one I bought turned out to be counterfeit 👎

{Cy}

• :lol:

• I'm sorry for your war with those controllers :grumpy: and I'm waiting for your return, my friends. 👍

CyKosis1973
Based on: BMW M3 CSL '03
Obtained: Used Car Dealer

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 353 BHP (@ 18,292.8 miles w/oil)
Performance Points 489
Torque: ---- 37kgfm/4900rpm
Weight: ---- 1385 kg

PARTS
GT Auto
Oil Change
Rebuilt Engine
Rebuild Chasis

Tuning Shop
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: -- 0/0
Ballast: -- 0kg - 0

Drivetrain
Differential
Initial: -- 6
Accel: -- 14
Braking: -- 6

Suspension
Suspension
Ride Height: -- -20 / -10
Spring Rate: -- 7.6 / 10.2
Extension: -- 6 / 7
Compression: -- 6 / 7
Anti-Roll: -- 1 / 5
Camber: -- 1.4 / 2.0
Toe: -- -0.03 / 0.12

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: -- 7 / 6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Auto (AT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:

Experimental build, maybe subject to change once I've added more power...

Hi Cykosis.
I was having real trouble with the current FR challenge until I came across this tune from a while back. All I can say ia WOW. This felt like a perfectly natural car to drive and really had good straightline speed.

Just wanted to say thanks for this little beaut and keep up the good work.

CyKosis1973
I registered on this site to say thank you for your work. Keep it up. I write using Google translator, excuse me for that, my English is very weak. thank you

Hi Cykosis.
I was having real trouble with the current FR challenge until I came across this tune from a while back. All I can say ia WOW. This felt like a perfectly natural car to drive and really had good straightline speed.

Just wanted to say thanks for this little beaut and keep up the good work.
Thanks Ivor, glad the M3 is still working and has helped you out. I may have to go back and have a look at this car, it's been a long time since I drove it. Thank you for taking to time to stop by, I appreciate it 👍
CyKosis1973
I registered on this site to say thank you for your work. Keep it up. I write using Google translator, excuse me for that, my English is very weak. thank you
You're welcome Axxxim :cheers: Thank you for stopping by to let me know you are enjoying the cars. Hopefully I will have some new cars for you to race soon :cool:

{Cy}

does anyone a setup for the BTR 86' on the nurburing track? thx

I don't have one, I've not got a good tack record with the RUFs. However, my Clueless brethren have a couple, you could also use my good friend, Praiano's BTR and there's always the Mad Finns..!!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7724157#post7724157

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7321555#post7321555

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5468843#post5468843

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4727658#post4727658

If none of those are suitable, you can always search the below site, there's another dozen or so tunes on there 👍

https://sites.google.com/site/gt5tune/main

{Cy}

I don't have one, I've not got a good tack record with the RUFs. However, my Clueless brethren have a couple, you could also use my good friend, Praiano's BTR and there's always the Mad Finns..!!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7724157#post7724157

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7321555#post7321555

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5468843#post5468843

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4727658#post4727658

If none of those are suitable, you can always search the below site, there's another dozen or so tunes on there 👍

https://sites.google.com/site/gt5tune/main

{Cy}

thank you very sir much for your response.

Here's a quick video of the Golf VI R racing at the Ring. I found myself behind a very fast S2000 and did all I could to hang on. I've not made it below 8:00 @450PP SH, so was extremely happy with the time, even if I had to rely on catching as much draft as I could. Sadly I couldn't keep it together near the end of the lap, missed a few apexes and ultimately missed the draft on the final straight. Yoshi ran 7:56.xxx, so well done to him.

{Cy}

With GT6 looming, I will be posting some 450PP SH cars I've been using over the last few weeks. These will likely be the last GT5 cars I post here, depending on how well GT6 goes. The cars I'll be posting are unfinished projects, but I might as well release them into the wild. The cars to feature will include two fat Merc, a generic build for the S2000, NSX and the fastest car I've driven at this PP, the RX-8. I can run consistent mid 7:50s in it and trouble far faster drivers than myself...

{Cy}

"...
It's just the beginning it's not the end.
Things will never be the same again.
..."

Melanie C - Never Be The Same Again

With GT6 looming, I will be posting some 450PP SH cars I've been using over the last few weeks. These will likely be the last GT5 cars I post here, depending on how well GT6 goes. The cars I'll be posting are unfinished projects, but I might as well release them into the wild. The cars to feature will include two fat Merc, a generic build for the S2000, NSX and the fastest car I've driven at this PP, the RX-8. I can run consistent mid 7:50s in it and trouble far faster drivers than myself...

{Cy}

I look forward to these, Cy... 👍

Merc SL 500 (129) '98

Weight 3
Windows
Tranny
Clutch: Twin Plate
LSD
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Propeller Shaft
Suspension

Power: 290 BHP
Weight: 1494 kg
PP: 450

Ballast: 136
Position: 50
Distribution 50/50

PL: Limit to PP

Height: -22 / -22
Springs: 10.5 / 9.0
Ext: 7 / 7
Comp: 5 / 5
ARB: 3 / 3
Camber: 2.5 / 1.8
Toe: -0.18 / 0.14

LSD: 11 / 13 / 9

Brakes: 6 / 5

Merc SL 500 (230) '02

Weight 2
5 Speed Close Ratio
LSD
Propeller Shaft
Suspension

Power: 274 BHP
Weight: 1508 kg

Ballast: 0
Postition: 0
Distribution 50/50

Height: -20 / -20
Springs: 10.5 / 9.0
ARB: 4 / 4
Camber: 2.2 / 1.8
Toe: -0.14 / 0.14

LSD: 12 / 14 / 9

Brakes: 6 / 4

S2000

Sports ECU
Titanium Exhaust
Tranny
LSD
Propeller Shaft
Suspension

Power: 287 BHP
Weight: 1240 kg

Position: 0
Distribution 50/50

Springs: 11.4 / 9.8
Comp: 6 / 6
ARB: 3 / 2
Camber: 2.5 / 1.7
Toe: -0.19 / 0.14

LSD: 12 / 13 / 9

Notes: Should work alright on most of the regular S2000s. I've tried it on the '01, '03 & '06. Feel free to use whichever parts you want to make PP...

EDIT: Wheel alignment changes

Last edited:
NSX

Weight 1
6 Speed Close Ratio
LSD
Suspension

Power: 265 BHP
Weight: 1320 kg

Ballast: 106
Position: -50
Distribution 50/50

Springs: 11.7 / 11.7
Camber: 2.4 / 1.8
Toe: -0.18 / -0.16

LSD: 12 / 12 / 9

Notes: Same as above, should work on most regular NSXs. It's been tried on two different Type Rs...

Last edited:
RX-8

Carbon Bonnet
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Sports Exhaust
Tranny
LSD
Propeller Shaft
Suspension

Weight: 1305 kg

Distribution 50/50

Height: -17 / -17
Springs: 11.1 / 10.5
Camber: 2.4 / 1.7
Toe: -0.18 / 0.14

Notes: As above, make PP as you desire, should work on the Premium and Standard models of the RX-8...

Last edited:
There you have it folks, that could well be the last of my GT5 tunes. Where possible, I've tried to use close ratio gearboxes, because they sound better and they're all pretty casual racers. If a car has a tranny listed, just use the preset max speed slider to adjust the top speed to in excess of 171mph. I haven't put together any specific gears for them. If you want to, follow Praiano's gearbox method to make yourself a set of custom ratios 👍

Hopefully I'll see you all in GT6, but if I'm the only one playing, I'll likely end up back here :mischievous:

{Cy}

Some good looking tunes their Cy. I look forward to trying a few of them online, starting with the ultra fast NSX where I've rarely been close enough to see those taillights disappearing in the distance.👍👍

Some good looking tunes their Cy. I look forward to trying a few of them online, starting with the ultra fast NSX where I've rarely been close enough to see those taillights disappearing in the distance.👍👍

Thanks mate. That NSX is a joy to drive, I'd love to see how fast you can get it around the Ring, along with the RX-8 and the S2000. I haven't tried the NSX build on the premium model, I think mine is one of the '01-'03 Type Zero, standard models. If you try it on something similar, run it with dirty oil (can't believe I just said that!!) and you'll have another 10-15bhp at your disposal. It could be made even faster still by running a custom gearbox, but as the car is such a pleasure to drive, run it with a close ratio 'box and enjoy the soundtrack :mischievous:

See you on the track soon...

{Cy}

S2000

Sports ECU
Titanium Exhaust
Tranny
LSD
Propeller Shaft
Suspension

Weight: 1240 kg

Distribution 50/50

Springs: 11.4 / 9.8
Comp: 6 / 6
ARB: 3 / 2
Camber: 2.5 / 1.7
Toe: -0.19 / 0.14

Notes: Should work alright on most of the regular S2000s. I've tried it on the '01, '03 & '06. Feel free to use whichever parts you want to make PP...

EDIT: Wheel alignment changes
Updated and tested on the standard '01 model and the premium '06 model. Thanks @danbojte...

{Cy}

Back