The Hill - This is the end, beautiful friends, the end

I'm gonna give the Golf IV a go tonight. Love that car... 👍

Do it, man, it's a great Troll car. It's not that fast, but it has bags of grip and as long as you can keep tucked into the slipstream of the faster cars, you stand a good chance of forcing them into errors.

Increase the rear spring by 0.3, until you're happy. This will help settle the rear and give it a bit more support 👍 I will get around to updating the post soon. If you build either of the premium TTs or the VI R, then keep adding 0.3 to the rear spring until you're happy. I'm running 9.3 or 9.6 on all of them now, but I cannae remember which is which...

{Cy}

PS - Be careful when pursing, your braking zones will be wildly different from the lightweight cars...

I might try that on the Golf I've been using. I found online that the rear could step out, especially under braking or correction. I changed bb to 5/5 from 5/6 which helped a lot. I am a bit clumsy with ds3 though.

Im going to try an RX8 I think, before the very end...

I might try that on the Golf I've been using. I found online that the rear could step out, especially under braking or correction. I changed bb to 5/5 from 5/6 which helped a lot. I am a bit clumsy with ds3 though.

Im going to try an RX8 I think, before the very end...
The VI R has replaced the R32 as the gotto Golf for me, I enjoy it immensely. As per above, firm up the rear spring a little, it'll give you more confidence going into the corners, not forgetting it is still a barge. It also helps control the squat on exit allowing you to get on it a fraction earlier.

You've only got a couple of options if you want to win in the Golf, you either tuck up behind the fast guys and draft the whole way or you break early and put in a clean lap. It's good on cold tyres, so take as much advantage as you can before the competition get some heat into their tyres. If you opt for tucking up, just stay there until the end, it doesn't have the power on it's own to reach big speeds, but in the draft it'll pull 160mph and stay there once you come out of the draft, it's delicious.

If you give the RX8 a crack, use the premium one, I've found the standard one wants to push a little and it's not as locked down in the rear 👍

{Cy}

The grip that the Golf has, is (Like the children in the song ;) ) just insane! 👍 I tried it with S3 tyres & it was too good. :lol: Went back to S1's & couldn't leave the car alone! Also on Trial Mt., my favourite original track. Great car, Cy... Cheers.

The grip that the Golf has, is (Like the children in the song ;) ) just insane! 👍 I tried it with S3 tyres & it was too good. :lol: Went back to S1's & couldn't leave the car alone! Also on Trial Mt., my favourite original track. Great car, Cy... Cheers.

My pleasure, Sir, glad you enjoy it. The Vee Dub/Audi clique are nice motors to drive. The two premium TTs are probably a smidge faster that the Golfs over the length of a Nurb lap, but they should all be pretty much sat on top of each other around the likes of Trial Mountain...

{Cy}

Just built your RX8: nice, really easy to drive and quick, need to keep off them there curbs though!

Just under 8:01.4 offline with the RX8 (DS3) vs a best of 8:02.9 with the Golf VI (wheel). Golf is the fun hooligan car though.

I don't think there's much danger of me winning :lol:. I got a good start behind you the other night, and watched the NSX just fly away. The others had caught me by the Karussell. Then I did a spot of off roading.:dunce:

Just built your RX8: nice, really easy to drive and quick, need to keep off them there curbs though!

Just under 8:01.4 offline with the RX8 (DS3) vs a best of 8:02.9 with the Golf VI (wheel). Golf is the fun hooligan car though.

I don't think there's much danger of me winning :lol:. I got a good start behind you the other night, and watched the NSX just fly away. The others had caught me by the Karussell. Then I did a spot of off roading.:dunce:

Glad you liked it, it'll get faster as you pile the miles on. If there's a car that will get you under the 8:00 mark, it's the RX-8. You'll like be able to in the NSX too. I can run 7:52s in both of them, offline and on warm tyres. The RX-8 isn't quite as settled on cold tyres as the Golf and you don't have the confidence boost of AWD, but once the tyres have a bit of heat in them you can really push it. Don't be afraid to let the rear slip a little on corner exit, use the accelerator to aid steering.

I may post another car later that will stand you a good chance of ducking under 8:00, the M3. I'm taking the credit for pointing out to Praiano what a good car it is at this PP :sly:

{Cy}

BMW M3 '04

6 Speed Close Ratio
Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD
Propeller Shaft
Suspension

Power: 293 BHP
Weight: 1570 kg
PP: 450
Distance: 11,388

Ballast: 0
Postition: 0
Distribution 50/50

PL: Limit to PP

Height: -16 / -16
Springs: 12.2 / 10.8
Ext: 7 / 7
Comp: 5 / 5
ARB: 3 / 3
Camber: 2.5 / 1.7
Toe: -0.18 / 0.14

LSD: 12 / 13 / 9

Brakes: 6 / 5

Notes: I like the way this car feels and drives in this format. This car could be parked on your driveway in the morning and exiting the Karussell in the afternoon. I've left it as stock as I can, only upgrading the drivetrain and suspension. It drives wonderfully and sounds delicious too. If you do want some custom cogs, there are some here, courtesy of praiano63, that you should be able to tailor. The above car currently has dirty oil, I'm using 92.3% limiting and losing 2-4bhp per lap...

EDIT: If you want the car to be ultra-competitive, use Praiano's gears. You'll end up with tinnitus, but the benefits are obvious over the slightly more aurally pleasing close ratio 'box :sly:

Last edited:
Back