The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,689 comments
1J1lhaw.jpg

Debt can actually improve your credit score.

Yup. I remember the rude shock I got when I made my last student loan payment, and found myself debt-free for the first time in my adult life. My credit score went down.

With no context provided I had to check whether or not this was genuine. Turns out it's a videogame quote from Micolash, Host Of The Nightmare who's a villain in Bloodborne.

Last edited:
It was bunk last time he tried to post that as well:
Using Google's COVID analytical dashboard:

New Zealand currently has 68 active COVID cases
Taiwan currently has 33 active COVID cases
Vietnam currently has 75 active COVID cases

This makes a total of 175 active cases. In Trump's circle, there are currently 14 active cases.
It's like the thought process is "These numbers confirm my bias, so they're true. I must share them", with zero effort to check them.

It was bunk last time he tried to post that as well:

It's like the thought process is "These numbers confirm my bias, so they're true. I must share them", with zero effort to check them.

It is the same problem that is the reason Trump is in office. It's why people come here and say things like masks don't work, COVID isn't real, the earth is flat, Trump never contradicts himself, etc. etc. Because their echo chamber feeds it to them and they don't check it. It's why I was shown a debunked facebook image from 2008 leading up to the 2016 election as motivation for why illegal immigration was such an issue. Not only was it wrong (snopes debunked it)... it was from 2008!

Point being, this kind of misinformation is spreading even among the side of the discussion that has all of the science behind it.

Anyway, back to our program.

Last edited:
Back