The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,689 comments
your thesis being that government strength (resulting in part from trade) results in oppression
So you took what I said explicitly about the Chinese government and thought you could re-apply it wholesale to anything else and attack that false equivalence you created.

That is a strawman.

@Sander 001 from leftist to leftist, just give it up man. You’re digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole with each reply. Don’t lose all credibility in this subforum by not knowing when to stop.

So you took what I said explicitly about the Chinese government and thought you could re-apply it wholesale to anything else and attack that false equivalence you created.

That is a strawman.

Oh yea, I forgot you do this. This is the part of the discussion where you try to narrow down your statement to only apply to the literal words and exact statement you were making and refuse to accept any logical conclusions from it. The problem with doing this (removal of context exercise) is that you end up also removing all support for your own statement. So if you want to pretend that this uniquely applies to only the example you were giving, you have inadvertently made it many times harder to substantiate. I think you missed that part, because you haven't bothered to substantiate this at all.

So, taking a step back here. You think china will become more oppressive (not less) when not isolating, and would become less oppressive (not more) when isolating. And you cannot back this claim up with... anything at all. Not even an example of another country that behaves this way.

...and somehow this is me making a strawman.

You and I have been around this same exact block a few times now. You have a very consistent argument pattern, and you don't seem to be learning from how it fails (repeatedly). Maybe you'll read and think about what I said about how you're increasing the amount of evidence required on yourself by trying to narrow your argument out of any other application.

I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
aAeLoOg_460s.jpg

You think china will become more oppressive (not less) when not isolating, and would become less oppressive (not more) when isolating
When did I say anything about isolation?

All you needed to do was prove that the Chinese government is becoming less aggressive. You can't. And Instead of admitted error, you're 200 paragraphs in to trying to legitimize your strawman arguments.

the Chinese government is becoming less aggressive
"The Chinese government is becoming less aggressive" - Sander 001.
your strawman arguments
It's pretty clear you have no idea what a "strawman" actually is. If you did, you wouldn't be trying to use this:
All you needed to do was prove that the Chinese government is becoming less aggressive.
To attack this:
Peace, prosperity, and social development is happening in china because we trade with them (no, china is not perfect by a long shot).
I think we've now reached the point in your absolute dishonesty (and obstinate refusal to acknowledge) in this discussion where you're no longer going to be part of it.

Last edited:
Are you guys still throwing gay people off buildings for being gay?

edit.

Late me make clear that I don't support the ridiculous election rigging that currently is going on under the Trump banner.

Last edited:
Not accepting - killing people by the towns full.

Totally the same. 👍
Trump supporters are majorly Christians and would love to see LGBTQ rights outlawed, which would obviously result in punishment in some form.

Sounds the same to me.

Hey, while we're at it, lets compare both sides' view on women's rights & abortion. 💡

Last edited:
Back