The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,689 comments
I'm just flabbergasted that some of the brightest minds I have ever encountered in my life can have such weird reasoning.

I understand Trump and his goons are trying to take the USA on a path it really shouldn't go, but the ISIS-Trumpers link is just lost on me. It seems a bit too extreme of a comparison to me.

I'm just flabbergasted that some of the brightest minds I have ever encountered in my life can have such weird reasoning.

I understand Trump and his goons are trying to take the USA on a path it really shouldn't go, but the ISIS-Trumpers link is just lost on me. It seems a bit too extreme of a comparison to me.
When the differences are a path that comes to a point of, "Well, we don't allow gays to have equal rights, but at least we don't kill them", we've missed an exit a mile back to avoid such a conclusion.

Last edited:

Due to TDS, the pandemic, the economy, UFOs, whatever, a lot of us have gone down the rabbit hole. My poor friend Blair admits to compulsive "doom-scrolling".

Due to TDS, the pandemic, the economy, UFOs, whatever, a lot of us have gone down the rabbit hole. My poor friend Blair admits to compulsive "doom-scrolling".

These last 5 years (since Trump announced his presidency) has shown the true horrors of what social media can become. I just think we are more on the victim card of other nations, as opposed to the perpetrator of the same acts from the Cold War.

"I've sat down with these Martians. They got big plans. HUGE plans! And with brains as big as mine, they must know what's good when they come to me. Not China. Not Russia."

6f89013ab564a7f0ee71a6b4f6cc3c3cfd-23-trump-aliens.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

"Weird reasoning"? What reasoning is that? That there are similarities between Trumpists and ISIS as it pertains to gay people? You yourself were the one who had to add "by the towns full". You didn't even feel comfortable to leave it at "killing people", which, I mean I don't blame you for not leaving it there. I think you were right to add "by the towns full" to make it a more accurate statement (though I'm not aware of any gay towns that muslim terrorists have destroyed, I get your point I think).

When the differences are a path that comes to a point of, "Well, we don't allow gays to have equal rights, but at least we don't kill them", we've missed an exit a mile back to avoid such a conclusion.

The distinction Dennisch was making was how fast they're being killed. "Well, we don't allow gays to have equal rights, but at least we don't kill them... as fast".

Getting back to the original point here, the tweet about the image was supposed to say "gay people, you're so much better with this group of pickup trucks than that one". And while that might be technically true, I think if I were gay I would be able to pick which set of trucks I'd be more comfortable with, it misses a much broader point which is that gay people are not exactly "safe" with either group. It's like saying "hey black people, you should like cops because they're not KKK members. Well not all of them... I mean not most of them". Sure, the police are probably a safer group if you're black, but it's not exactly a group that makes you feel actually safe.

I'm curious about what motivates trying to split this line. Nobody is saying that ISIS is preferable to Y'all Qaeda.

Last edited:
Is that what you still drive now? I know old accords never break down but damn, 400k+ miles is quite a lot!
Believe it or not yes! When it's not raining... I have a thread about it in the Members Rides section. As far as never breaking down... :lol:
Considering it's age she's spent a little time on jack stands.

No-one is arguing both groups' views on homosexuals (and their rights) are wrong, but instead what would happen (and forming a joke based on) if an LGBT flag waving individual were to come across a) an ISIS convoy or b) a Trump convoy.

Last edited:
No-one is arguing both groups' views on homosexuals (and their rights) are wrong, but instead what would happen (and forming a joke based on) if an LGBT flag waving individual were to come across a) an ISIS convoy or b) a Trump convoy.

..and what would happen?

And you therefore missed the point.
No I get the point - that both groups diverge from the correct opinion that homosexuals should have equal rights - but that doesn't mean they would likely be treated the same by an ISIS convoy versus a Trump convoy

Last edited:
No I get the point - that both groups diverge from the correct opinion that homosexuals should have equal rights, but that doesn't mean they would likely be treated the same by an ISIS convoy versus a Trump convoy
The only thing stopping a Trump convoy treating a gay like an ISIS convoy is law. Repeal gay rights & punish them for homosexuality, and you've moved yourself one step closer.

The argument of, "Well at least Trump supporters don't kill them" is weak & still complacent in suppressing others' rights.

TB
Wi18f9K.jpg

That's over Philadelphia, by the way. :lol:

Some people hate Biden, some people hate Trump, but one thing we can agree on is that we all hate the Dallas Cowboys (...and if you're a fan of the NFC North, the Green Bay Packers).

Don't you get tired of defending bad people as being not as bad as other bad people?
We all sin so a "bad person" is subjective.

Quotations
I don't follow - are Trump voters being held back from becoming like ISIS only by the law?

Not when they are Christians he doesn't
I defended Muslims when they protested against LGBT teaching in schools, even though I disagreed with them.

Back