The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,583 comments
ET0wkWtXQAMB8wP

At last my Facebook feed is good for once for something other than apocalyptic Christian memes exhorting us to pray the virus out of existence and boomer crap trying to pin the blame on Obama...
FB_IMG_1585045529487.jpg

Boy does that horribly misunderstand the situation.
Right? Trolley service is gonna lose profits either way, unless they pocket the wallets of all those former customers while cleaning up the aftermath.

Right? Trolley service is gonna lose profits either way, unless they pocket the wallets of all those former customers while cleaning up the aftermath.

...and people are gonna die either way, because they depend on the Trolley.

For the record:

“I would like to sincerely apologize for the insensitive comment I made in regards to COVID-19 while on spring break,” Brady Sluder wrote on Instagram a week after he told a reporter, “At the end of the day, I’m not going to let it stop me from partying.” He said he’d been waiting for spring break for a “long time.”

On Instagram Tuesday, Sluder said he wasn’t aware at the time of the “severity” of his comments and actions and he now wants to “own up to the mistakes” he made.

“Like many others, I have elderly people who I adore more than anything in the world and other family members who are at risk, and I understand how concerning this disease is for us all," he wrote.

“Unfortunately, simply apologizing doesn’t justify my behavior,” he added. “I’m simply owning up to my mistakes and taking full responsibility for my actions.”

I'm dying and it's totally sad truth though.

It was literally explained just above why it is not the truth.

Boy does that horribly misunderstand the situation.

...and people are gonna die either way, because they depend on the Trolley.

Well then. People are gonna die either way, it's a matter of placing your bet on which course of action will cause more casualties: A slightly delayed trolley, or a trolley running over dozens of folk tied to the track (which, fyi, will also probably delay said trolley anyway).

Back