The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,583 comments
I love delusional Mormons:

u9t4wMu.jpg

I love when people are stupid on several levels. :lol:

giphy.gif

Assuming the latter is an accurate account--and that's indeed quite an assumption--it conveniently ignores that Nancy Pelosi, as Speaker of the House, represents Congress, who has control of the purse.

It also ignores impoundment of congressionally appropriated funds without any attempt to seek consideration from Congress (much less actual approval of impoundment) being a violation of the Impoundment Control Act of 1974, which was passed to reassert Congress' control of the purse following Nixon's abuse of impoundment.

It also ignores the 'obstruction of Congress' article of impeachment pertaining to the disregarding of congressional subpoenas during the investigation into the violation of the Impoundment Control Act of 1974.

Faulty comparison is faulty.

Do you ever actually research this crap or do you just blindly trust the good folks that post it on facebook/twitter?

The stimulus bill also includes a boost to unemployment ($600/week on top of whatever you get from the respective state program, in my state it would actually slightly exceed 100% of my usual income.).

There is also a bunch of money for small businesses to continue paying their employees.

Do you ever actually research this crap or do you just blindly trust the good folks that post it on facebook/twitter?

The stimulus bill also includes a boost to unemployment ($600/week on top of whatever you get from the respective state program, in my state it would actually slightly exceed 100% of my usual income.).

There is also a bunch of money for small businesses to continue paying their employees.
I have absolutely updated\changed posts if they don't reflect the truth. But only after somebody brings something substantive to attention.

I have absolutely updated\changed posts if they don't reflect the truth. But only after somebody brings something substantive to attention.

So my post doesn't do that despite completely disproving the last panel? :odd:

It really is bordering on AUP breaking.

You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.

The other countries have additional provisions too but those aren't included either.

But why leave out the equivalent to what those other countries are doing? It just exposes the obvious agenda that you and whoever created it are pushing and just serves to create more division in an already tense situation.

The fact is the U.S. isn't leaving people to fend for themselves like that picture suggests. They very much are doing just as much as the other 3 countries when it comes to supporting people financially.

barrel-of-monkeys-oil.jpg

How bad is it? A barrel of oil from Alberta's oil sands is now worth $9.08 CDN. Less than a Barrel of Monkeys which retails for $9.99 CDN. Desperate times for Canada's beleaguered oil industry. :ouch:

It's not propaganda if it's true and so far haven't seen anything to disprove it.

A desire for transparency is propaganda, what a time to be alive.

"No way hedge funds could do this without inside information"

Really? Because yes there is. It's a hedge fund, it's what they do.

Yes. It's not like this was exactly totally under wraps to the public. They shorted the market as COVID was emerging and came out ahead. They could have shorted hospitality two weeks ago and still be ahead now. I don't know where the 9% comes from, but if it's not too miraculous that they were still down on average. Also, hedge funds largely under-performed the market in 2019.

Is it the 1%? I posted this in the covid thread:

In the back of my head, I always wonder if some of these are originating in Russia.

Back