The Realistic Photo Thread (READ OP BEFORE POSTING)

• Thread starter ECGadget
  • 8,940 comments
This still looks like a videogame but I'm gettin there

11789365854_2cda634445_c.jpg

Man not super thrilled on a lot of aspects of GT6, but damn they improved the pictures. Everything I shoot turns out looking awesome. Hopefully you all enjoy too

Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 edit 1
by shmogt, on Flickr

Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 edit 5
by shmogt, on Flickr

Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 edit 4
by shmogt, on Flickr

Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 edit 6
by shmogt, on Flickr

Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 edit 3
by shmogt, on Flickr

Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 edit 2
by shmogt, on Flickr

For me, I always enjoy a good non-edit. That said, only a precious few can pull it off correctly.

Same with the edited photos. (I'm still 50/50. I'm not great, but I don't totally suck.)

When I look at these examples below, they provide more that a 5 second thrill.

They make me think. (Why am I so terrible? Go practice!)

They make me applaud. (I've never seen a sky so blue. And real!)

They inspire. (My next shot is going to kill them ALL!:D Maybe.)

They enrage. (How they do DAT!!!:grumpy: AHHHHHHHHH, It's beautiful!!!:dopey:)

Most of all, if you look closer, they provide emotions, a closeness to the artist that can be felt without ever speaking to them. These edits freaking talk, no, scream to be enjoyed. And I embrace ALL artists, because we all have a story to tell.

It's escapism at it's finest from these guys, you gotta swallow the blue pill, and free your mind. Then you WILL wear NBs' Abarth 1500 set like a new mink coat.

You WILL ride along with Baggist74 as he takes turns in the BM. He may even let you play with the radio!

Just as I never get enough of Proby, & Andreas' and others non-edit styles.👍👍👍

I'm sure the unedited versions of these shots would be just as terrific. But, then you'd have to stop at the PS3, when there is a deeper story to be told. For some, that story is somewhere outside the 'box'.

Try not to chastise those who follow their hearts artistically. Embrace the differences. (Unless the shot sucks).

We are all big boys that take pictures of fake cars here. If you get all serious, you will go insane.:banghead:

52 billion ways to express reality here. (I did the math) You WILL go insane. Every con has a pro.

It's subjective. That's why it never ends (The threads)...52 Billion ways.:cheers:

I just wanna lay on this hood...

The ride of a lifetime. Beautuful view.

My tongue is hanging out!!! Just the total show here!!! NUUUUUUX!!!

Balls to the walls!!! Real!
Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the edited pics here, but, I believe some of them have so much editing that it gives 'em unreal looks. After all, this is the "realistic" thread, not the "look how my editing skills make my pics look perfect" thread. :)👍

NanoSaibou, yes you will make gains. Like anything you truly desire...You go get it. At all costs.

Practice, ask questions, use tutorials study artists photos, then study real shots, & practice. Rinse & repeat.

September 9, 2012. Posted to realistic thread. No laughing.:lol:

I figured if I want 'Real', hang with the guys that know. Never got flamed for this crap.

Looking back, I should have been Super Flamed. (sorry about this shot guys).

1 year, 4 months later...

NanoSaibou, I may not win the championship, but, I'm always in the playoffs. Holla if you need me!👍

Dandroid, no worries, I understand perfectly what you meant. Too much makeup is not always a good thing.

I also enjoy your work.:cheers:

Beautiful styles on display gentlemen:gtpflag: I shall return.

Let's try something a bit different now. :gtpflag:

7dTjt5oiVL2OlAkEHo14j6

2L5pVQbE5Dvep8EM4GZKis

2lk5f8RXIFV58f0xk6jWQF

75q0SlOwnNs8WTDAco0Bkv

Man someone should make a forum of close up shots like this for one car and at the end of the post say which car it is. Love these shots, which car is the Le Mans steering wheel?

Man someone should make a forum of close up shots like this for one car and at the end of the post say which car it is. Love these shots, which car is the Le Mans steering wheel?
That's a good idea! It's the Bentley Speed 8. ;)👍

NanoSaibou, yes you will make gains. Like anything you truly desire...You go get it. At all costs.

Practice, ask questions, use tutorials study artists photos, then study real shots, & practice. Rinse & repeat.

September 9, 2012. Posted to realistic thread. No laughing.:lol:

I figured if I want 'Real', hang with the guys that know. Never got flamed for this crap.

Looking back, I should have been Super Flamed. (sorry about this shot guys).

1 year, 4 months later...

NanoSaibou, I may not win the championship, but, I'm always in the playoffs. Holla if you need me!👍

Dandroid, no worries, I understand perfectly what you meant. Too much makeup is not always a good thing.

I also enjoy your work.:cheers:

Beautiful styles on display gentlemen:gtpflag: I shall return.

:drool:

What an evolution Gary! 👍

My first shots were pretty bad too when I look back. lol

ildd, Thank You so much!!! You made my day!!!

BEV!!! Much Love Bro! I really am trying. Send more delicious panos!!!

Jay, Thank You, Thank You, THANK YOU!!! Just trying to keep up with all the incredible talent around here.

Thanks Ricardo!!! I just want all to know most of us have humble beginnings. I know EXACTLY what it's like to want to get better.;)

Back