The Subaru BRZ S '12 & Toyota 86 GT '12 ARE The SAME

• Thread starter Drift2011
  • 95 comments
It doesn't matter how "it" drives in real life this is a video game.

I look at this car like the RX8 or miata, They are junk cars made for people who can't afford real sports cars. The fact that they put three of them in one game is laughable.

This is an advertisement for one single car made 3 times over hoping you like one of the badges on the front.
Do you happen to be related to the guy who created this, shall we say, irrational thread?

kingstang5oh
I look at this car like the RX8 or miata, They are junk cars made for people who can't afford real sports cars. The fact that they put three of them in one game is laughable.

GTPlanet's AUP prevents me from expressing how I truly feel about this, but suffice it to say that I wish I could attend the moment when you realize how misguided this statement is. If you haven't learned how to appreciate these cars, you likely a) aren't "doing it right", or b) are more of a snob than an enthusiast.

What, might I ask, is a "real" sports car to you?

Last edited:
McClarenDesign
What, might I ask, is a "real" sports car to you?

It's probably the definition of an unaffordable supercar to us.

I'm guessing he's never driven an MX5 or RX8 either...on anything other than his sofa.

Edit: My mildly tuned Mazda MX5/Miata in GT5 equipped with Comfort Softs is a blast to drive!

8025100540_7eb0fb9fcd.jpg

Thread over.

That guy...

And, I'm going to stop you there. Really, Neal, realistic photo thread 2.0 is about to happen here, if you continually insult others, given the way you take criticism, yourself. Karma is karma, and there's no escaping it. Do what you want, but, know that someone else might make that same decision.

Last edited:
MrMelancholy15
And, I'm going to stop you there. Really, Neal, realistic photo thread 2.0 is about to happen here, if you continually insult others, given the way you take criticism, yourself. Karma is karma, and there's no escaping it. Do what you want, but, know that someone else might make that same decision.

I meant the guy who created that thread. Not anyone in this thread. But I get what your driving at. Fair enough.

8025100540_7eb0fb9fcd.jpg

Thread over.

Easy money for PD, making same body modelled cars...

Dude. I posted proof that they're not the same two or four posts up. It's not "easy money for PD" if they actually do take the time for remodeling a new body kit etc. for a car they already sold.

The Scion and the Toyota are much more similar; therefore, the Scion was free. :dopey: But, the Subaru was remodeled, meaning that people spent time (and therefore money = labour) on the remodeling. The remodeling means that you must be reimbursed unless you want to lose money.

Certainly, we can all "hhhhmmmm" and "hawwww" about whether it's a justifiable purchase. If you don't think so, don't buy it. :dopey: I did, and I'm happy with the purchase; I haven't even driven the BRZ yet, but it looks nice in the photos I've seen of it, so far, so I can't wait to put the Winter Stars treatment on it, and try it out myself.

MrMelancholy15
Dude. I posted proof that they're not the same two or four posts up. It's not "easy money for PD" if they actually do take the time for remodeling a new body kit etc. for a car they already sold.

The Scion and the Toyota are much more similar; therefore, the Scion was free. :dopey: But, the Subaru was remodeled, meaning that people spent time (and therefore money = labour) on the remodeling. The remodeling means that you must be reimbursed unless you want to lose money.

Certainly, we can all "hhhhmmmm" and "hawwww" about whether it's a justifiable purchase. If you don't think so, don't buy it. :dopey: I did, and I'm happy with the purchase; I haven't even driven the BRZ yet, but it looks nice in the photos I've seen of it, so far, so I can't wait to put the Winter Stars treatment on it, and try it out myself.

I'm sorry mate, but I can't sit idly by why you big up something that doesn't deserve it.

The GT 86, scion FR-S and the BR-Z are the same car. The only comparable difference in GT5 is the aero kits and the standard suspension setup. The asthetic differences are negligible.

The work that had to be done for the BR-Z was tiny compared to the HSV. How can you justify the price being the same?

I could also argue the same point with the "new" GT-R, but that is for another time.

I DO NOT want to fall out mate, but there is nothing you can say that would convince me that PD have not cashed in here.

Don't get me wrong, I am buying the cars tommorow, but that is only because I don't want to see that annoying download arrow above the BR-Z in the NCD. Lol

MrMelancholy15

Why do you say that the Toyota and Scion are much more similar than the Subaru is to any of them? Well, the BRZ may have received different handling characteristics and a sound update but the Scion was remodeled as much as the Subaru was. Look at exterior and interor details and they all appear sufficiently different.

Why do you say that the Toyota and Scion are much more similar than the Subaru is to any of them? Well, the BRZ may have received different handling characteristics and a sound update but the Scion was remodeled as much as the Subaru was. Look at exterior and interor details and they all appear sufficiently different.

Exactly. However, the Scion didn't receive the new aero, the sound changes, and the suspension changes, that I'm aware of. Therefore, it seems like the Subaru was even more different than the Scion.

MrMelancholy15
Exactly. However, the Scion didn't receive the new aero, the sound changes, and the suspension changes, that I'm aware of. Therefore, it seems like the Subaru was even more different than the Scion.

That's true. I just got the impression that you were trying to say that the BRZ was remodeled to a greater extent than the Scion was. Even if that is the case, then it's not much extra work that went into the BRZ.

I'm fine with duplicate cars, however PD should not be charging full price for the BRZ or the GTR, since they are essentially the same as cars already in the game.

Could someone with all 3 cars do a test, see what the fastest lap you can get is, in each of them with stock settings?

I like the 86 and I am going to purchasing once they become low km second hand cars, Atm they have an 18 month waiting list in Australia to purchase so they must be al right seller.

Froudeybrand
I like the 86 and I am going to purchasing once they become low km second hand cars, Atm they have an 18 month waiting list in Australia to purchase so they must be al right seller.

They may sell but the wait is most likely due to production capacity as Subaru builds all three models at a single factory which supplies the entire planet.

In my opinion all three cars look different. Silouhette etc is same but if you look at them from the front//rear you´ll notice that they aren´t the same Cars.

PD has to model the Premiums from scratch => handing out the FR-S for free was a superb gift.

Handlingwise (at least in GT5 due to me not driven the Real Deal) I can´t feel a slight difference if they are Stock.
86GT can drift in stock form quite easily.
FR-S is a bit harder to drift
BR-Z compared to the stock 86GT it is undriftable (I could drift her but it was more work)

I think the Transmission is a tad different too but that can be just in my brain :D

LR-MR-Cole
you bought it so quit complaining and for one the BRZ grabs the corners alot better than the Toyota and scion

Buying something and then being disappointed with it is normally the sole reason you're actually complaining. :dunce:

Could someone with all 3 cars do a test, see what the fastest lap you can get is, in each of them with stock settings?
Sir, yes sir! This is a great idea. I'll test online & offline laps too!
Buying something and then being disappointed with it is normally the sole reason you're actually complaining. :dunce:

So, you're disappointed? *insert Nelson* Ha-ha! There are drastic differences!

The difference inbetween these cars is so minimal, ANY difference in track time would be attributed to human error

If thinking these cars have an appreciable difference among each other helps you justify spending .99 on the BRZ, well then feel free

but there is not..

They look the same too me, finding the external cosmetic differences feels a bit like playing a game of spot the difference, but I do like the Impreza style rear wing that you can fit to the BRZ. Gives the car a more aggressive and pretty cool look.

Fitted one of my BRZs with the type A aero parts and the Impreza style rear wing, painted it an extra shiny, deep black, and fitted it with the black touge rims, and boy does it look sexy. May upload a photo later on.

The difference inbetween these cars is so minimal, ANY difference in track time would be attributed to human error

If thinking these cars have an appreciable difference among each other helps you justify spending .99 on the BRZ, well then feel free

but there is not..

Several magazines continually remind buyers that the Subaru is noticeably faster, and that the Toyota is more flamboyant than Daijiro Yoshihara's hair, and slides as much as his drift car.

Several magazines continually remind buyers that the Subaru is noticeably faster, and that the Toyota is more flamboyant than Daijiro Yoshihara's hair, and slides as much as his drift car.

Different weather, different track conditions.

Same HP and TQ...

if anything, the BRZ is the slowest one because of all the extra options it has. nav, hid, dlr, ect over standard

not to mention all the assists that these cars can have.. one reviewer might have had one, and another not

Differences in assembly tolerances could amount to a few horsepower, sure

these cars are the freaking same. The subaru has slightly tweaked suspension. keyword slightly. there is no way you can pit these 3 cars up against each other in any way and have it be fair. you will get inconsistent results every single time, that i can promise you

Back