The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
I've asked in the NFS:most wanted forum but thought I should ask here as well. Is anyone using their wheel in NFS most wanted on the PS3? How is the gameplay? Did you have to put the wheel in compatability mode? Overall impression of the game on a PS3 using the wheel? Thanks for any answers you can give.

Can anybody help me?

My T500RS has a sudden low FFB. The wheel even calibrates a bit slower than normal, making the wheel feel quite mushy. Can anyone help me?

Hi all !

I find my clutch pedal too "smooth", does a clutch mod exist to reinforce my pedal ?
The Bodin Load cell seems really nice, does it work well with GT5 ?

If you look at post #6322 you can see the spring I'm experimenting with on my clutch. So far I like it and it seems to be holding up.

Here's a bit more info copied from my post on the iRacing forum.

I screwed a long screw into the bottom hole on the brake pedal to use as a stop for the spring so that it would not slide off the brake pedal. I then mounted the 'L' bracket to the base of the pedal and replaced the short spring on the real brake mod with the strongest clutch spring from the CSP tuneup kit. I slide the end of the spring over the screw and then set the other end against the 'L' bracket.

It does add some resistance. It doesn't feel like a real clutch pedal but it is an improvement and I like the feel much better than without it. The main problem I had was that the spring will only compress so far before it would starts to distort (bend in the middle), I found that mounting the 'L' bracket at a bit of an angle would allow the spring to compress a bit more before it started to bend in the middle and this allowed me to compress the pedal all the way without the spring slipping off. So far it has held it's position but I'm not sure how long that will last. It's a temp solution until I can find something better.

Here are a few pics

The spring just sits in the hole on the real brake mod.

DSC_3165a.jpg

Top view, you can see how the 'L' bracket is angled.

DSC_3164-2a.jpg

From the back, you can see how the spring sits against the back of the clutch pedal and how it sits in the 'L' bracket.

DSC_3171a.jpg

Like I said, it's a temp solution but it does help.

Not sure if this matches the same form factor, but check out the KSC401J 50SH item -- the data sheet (page 1) shows 5,000,000 cycle operating life:

http://www.ck-components.com/14422/ksc_31aug10.pdf/

I'd like to get my hands on your old BROKEN switches then order some of these to see if they will fit, so if/when you (or anybody else) gets replacements from TM -- or if you have any old, broken ones on-hand -- drop me a PM.

The small PCB looks VERY small, so it might be possible to replicate the boards, procure the 5,000,000 cycle switches, locate the proper connector for the cable, then produce a "long-life" replacement switch kit for a fairly reasonable price.

Looks like i may have the same problem i get random double shifts on up and down shifts which are now becoming more frequent, also the up shifter doesn't click anymore which doesn't particularly bother me but just shows that they are degrading.

If you can find a quality replacment I will take a couple off you even if they are expensive. Thats if you would be happy to post to UK. Also would buy a load cell if/when you have some more available!

Hey, was wondering about the brake mod which comes along with the pedals...i'm only receiving like 60% / 100 % when using the brake after the
mod, i look with control panel too and same problem, doesnt take "full power"
Should it go up to full use or does the mod prevent it taking all?

So it's kinda ****** if u ask me :D

Hey, was wondering about the brake mod which comes along with the pedals...i'm only receiving like 60% / 100 % when using the brake after the

The mod spring takes some time to break in... It was the same with me at first (couldn't get 100%) so I ditched the spring and went just with the pad. After a while I decided to put the spring back and just worked it over and once "broken in" it compresses a lot easier to 100%. I've been driving with it ever since.

Are you sure you have it in the correct position? If It's wrong and in the short throw position IIRC with the mod it will do that.

Thanks for the info mates!

Pretty sure it is in the right position..i think it needs some time to "worn" out the spring abit..:)

First time it did not work at all, my dad was out trying my new gear and i was like wtf u doin trashin the car every corner, then i said let me show how its done...turned out the brake did not function at all, took it off, second time it had that 60% feel on it...gotta try tomorrow how it turns out.

Was about to post that. ^

Do you think the price will be any lower than that on the run up to Christmas? What were the prices on the run up to Christmas last year?

What are the the difference/revisions from manufacturing batch V.3 and V.5? The one from Overclockers arrived as V3 with a Feb 2011 sticker on it. Old stock??

WIN COOL THRUSTMASTER GEAR WITH PROJECT CARS

thumbs.php

Slightly Mad Studios & Thrustmaster have just kicked off the newest Project CARS Thrustmaster Hot Lap Competition where everyone can win cool Thrustmaster gear including steering wheels, gamepad controllers and more!

All participants of the competition have the chance to win one of the prizes, you don’t have to be a mega talented racer to walk away with some new hardware so read below on how to enter!

All Project CARS members regardless of membership level are invited to join! Simply fire up Project CARS, click the “Events” button and register a valid time on the Event Leaderboard with the BMW Z4 GT3 at Florence Short.

All members that have posted a valid time will be automatically entered in a random prize draw that everyone can follow live from the SMS offices on 19th November (5pm GMT).

EVENT DETAILS:
jzbsp3.jpg

409187_525494587478281_1373167223_n.png

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/win-cool-thrustmaster-gear-with-project-cars/

Well I would guess they have all the funding they need for the game then, I read some where that once they had all the money they needed then they would cut off the abillity too join or upgrade your membership

gtdrift
What are the the difference/revisions from manufacturing batch V.3 and V.5? The one from Overclockers arrived as V3 with a Feb 2011 sticker on it. Old stock??

Possibly! I'm refraining from buying one from there for that exact reason. Like I knew they would, they've put the price back down to 300 again. They only have 9 left at this price, but 10+ in stock so that adds to the argument of old stock.

Does anyone know the differences between a V3 and the current one?

New T500 wheel add-ons (& new pics) from Sam Maxwell :

"Now will be doing adapters for the Sparco 310. Here is a couple of pics of the prototype unit with a Special set of paddles setup to clear the Wheel mounted buttons:"

xpcui1.jpg

2yw679k.jpg

NB: You can contact Sam directly on iRacing forum or on GtPlanet (sammax1 here):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135961&page=314

Please can anybody put the link to the site to order this wheel mod? Can be this shipped to italy?
Thanx

Try sending him a pm here. His username is in the post you quoted. Also derek speares listed his email address in the last post of dereks stickied thread at the top of the hardware forums.

occasionalracer
Oh boy... nice, where you able to get the weight difference between this and stock? And how many dollars did it remove from you wallet?

Weight difference? Do you mean between stock wheel and sparco p310 including plate?

If so, I will have to weigh the p310 and do a comparison, it is heaps lighter than the stock T500 wheel, so the plate and DSD adapter wouldnt be much heavier....:)

Cost about $300 AUD + shipping

Last edited:
occasionalracer
$300 for just the plate itself or including the wheel? Cause I see the red buttons are mounted to the wheel itself right?

Sorry, the wheel was $265 AUD and plate $300 + shipping,so a hefty $565 AUD all up :/

Yes, 2 red buttons already on wheel which I'll be wiring to plate....

Well worth it though......

Back