The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
I'm based in the UK, if I look to update my wheel can some advise what I need?

I'm guessing some kind of adapter and obviously a new wheel. Are all wheel a set size (fitting wise) so I could get any wheel as long as it fits the adapter

Thanks

You will need either one of these T500RS wheel adapters, Depending on what type of wheel you decide to use.

I own the DSD T500 wheel adapter and I recommend it.

The DSD wheel adapters are limited to a 6 bolt 70mm pattern

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/Wheel-Adapters.html

http://simracnwheels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=40

The simracn wheel adapter can take a 6 bolt 70mm or 74mm pattern

CLIFFO_83
You will need either one of these T500RS wheel adapters, Depending on what type of wheel you decide to use.

I own the DSD T500 wheel adapter and I recommend it.

The DSD wheel adapters are limited to a 6 bolt 70mm pattern

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/Wheel-Adapters.html

http://simracnwheels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=40

The simracn wheel adapter can take a 6 bolt 70mm or 74mm pattern

Thanks.

Been looking at momo wheels and quite like the thought of it on my T500 :D

I picked up a T500RS today. Very pleased with the product.
It was set up on a friends PC where we loaded the new firmware, logged into iracing where he is a member in D class, booted up the wheel and turned some laps. It was pretty good as he uses a G27 on a regular basis so it was basically a back to back comparison.
End result being, "hassle free, emersive driving with a incredible wheel". The pedals were great but really need a load cell which will come in due time.

I hear you on the CSW rim designs and that was something that put me off a bit. Hearing people say the GT rim was so heavy and effected the feel of FF was disappointing. But in time I guess they will have other rims. Some of the disparaging remarks about the quality of the Alcantara also was not what I was expecting.

Anyway, on Sam's rim, Sam quotes, 0.83kg/1.8lbs and it is very noticeably lighter than the stock GT rim.

I do notice a greater "responsiveness" vs the GT rim. Physics-wise, with lower polar moment of inertia it is easier/quicker for the motor to turn it - but it is also quicker for ME to turn it. Since I am holding/constraining the wheel I am not sure which of those is more significant.

Anyway, here are my measurements.

Yup, faster.
IOCdq.png

Also a bit more linear although probably irrelevant.
SIkq0.png

With the CSW it is not so much the overall force that is less, but the shock and vibration forces. For the GT2 rim you can just turn the force setting up by 20-30 and it feels (in terms of overall force) the same as the Formula rim. What is irrevocably muffled are the jolt and vibration effects.

I do not want to get into a T500RS vs CSW debate, but to be honest in terms of overall force there is not much perceptible difference between the two. The only real contrast is the CSW is smoother but slightly less direct while the T500RS is notchier but slightly more precise.

Just a friendly reminder, to those with the T500 wheel, that the new Firmware is available v40, and adds a breath of fresh realistic air to GT5. I am very pleased with the new sensation. Little rumbles felt all over from Nurburgring 24hr track, that I haven't felt before, even at FFB 3. Loving my wheel, and the new wheelstand pro, very happy with my purchase, as this game is my hobby.

Lambob
Just a friendly reminder, to those with the T500 wheel, that the new Firmware is available v40, and adds a breath of fresh realistic air to GT5. I am very pleased with the new sensation. Little rumbles felt all over from Nurburgring 24hr track, that I haven't felt before, even at FFB 3. Loving my wheel, and the new wheelstand pro, very happy with my purchase, as this game is my hobby.

40? Haven't that been out for a while???

[SRH] New "T500 Static Sliding SLI Mounting System"

SR Hardware's Static Sliding SLI Mounting System has been designed to make mounting an SLI unit to the T500 an easy and painless job without any of the USB cable issues normally found in wheel mounted systems. The mounting adjusts easily and quicky to fit either the GT wheel or the F1 wheel by use of its sliding top section. Simply slacken the two hex bolts slightly and raise or lower, then gently re-tighten... Simple

Like all SR Hardware products, these plates are built using only the best quality materials including high tech acrylics, stainless steel hex head bolts and the finest 3M Di-Noc coverings. With its unique multi layer construction, it offers a stylish and higher quality alternative to basic plates available elsewhere.

How to mount and adjust for GT and F1 Wheels:

2s.png

3s.png

4s.png

5s.png

slide3.png

slide4.png

6s.png

7s.png

slide5.png

slide2.png

Other pictures:

8080842656_8938656b15_b.jpg

8080846727_382bb81e04_b.jpg

8080842464_9238dba074_b.jpg

8080842536_fcc6a49f2c_b.jpg

Video:

Available here:
http://simracinghardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59%3At500-static-sli-mounting-system&catid=3%3Awheelplate&Itemid=1

I'm thinking about upgrading to a T500rs soon but still hesitating as its still a product that is still in it's early adopter stage of a product life cycle.

With that said I'm really impressed at the power of the countersteering return of this wheel compared to the rest of the other wheels out there. Seems like a really good wheel especially for drifting. So I have a question for all the hardcore experienced T500rs drifters out there. Has any of you guys ever experienced any overheating issues of the motors when drifting excessive sessions like say 4-5 hours a day with the wheel spinning back and forth during so much countersteering force? If not how long would you predict this product to last and die out if one were to drift 4-5 hours a day on a daily basis?

I previously had G27, found that one shop here was selling new T500RS for 299€ so i decided to upgrade my setup with that wheel...though reading here all problems you have had with thrustmaster support / broken wheels / pedals etc...soo kinda worried about that it will actually "work" year or two without problems..i don't play that much anyways like 3-5 hours in a month max...wondering that should i kept playing with g27...sold it already tho :P still waiting my t500 to be delirived.

sorry for bad english.

GTPLam and Thriller69 - I think most people find the T500 to be reliable. While some have had problems it does seem the Thrustmaster generally does a good job of addressing these issues.

No one can promise you that a wheel you buy will be perfect, but from what I have experienced and read the T500 is pretty solid.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a T500rs soon but still hesitating as its still a product that is still in it's early adopter stage of a product life cycle.

Seeing that the T500RS is almost 2 years on market (and I believe currently in version 4 or 5), it's hardly in its early adopter stage. My advice if you're considering the T500RS and would prefer the latest version, it's probably best if you order it from Amazon or any other volume retailers.

FYI, I am getting very close to releasing the first units for sale -- the final build-up and testing has been slower than I had anticipated, but I expect to have an initial batch available for purchase within the next 7 days or so. I will probably be releasing small quantities for purchase initially until I get through my first production build:

Link: http://www.bodin-solutions.com/

Note that I will NOT accept pre-orders, but this should give you an idea of how ordering will go (payments through PayPal only). International shipping will be $15US for certified mail, $26US for registered mail; domestic shipping within the US should be $10US.

Please don't flood me with inquiries from the site -- I'm not taking pre-orders, and when stock is available for purchase I'll let everyone know via this thread, and after that, it will be first-come, first-served on orders.

Plus, if you flood me with inquiries, that's only going to slow down the final build-up and testing.

;)

Good news -- the first production lot of BLC-T500 load cells are now available for purchase. Shipping costs in general have come in a little lower than expected for domestic (US) addresses, and unfortunately a little higher for international addresses.

Good news -- the first production lot of BLC-T500 load cells are now available for purchase. Shipping costs in general have come in a little lower than expected for domestic (US) addresses, and unfortunately a little higher for international addresses.

Thanks John. Looks like you have a hit on your hands - it is already sold out!

FYI, I am getting very close to releasing the first units for sale -- the final build-up and testing has been slower than I had anticipated, but I expect to have an initial batch available for purchase within the next 7 days or so. I will probably be releasing small quantities for purchase initially until I get through my first production build:

Link: http://www.bodin-solutions.com/

Note that I will NOT accept pre-orders, but this should give you an idea of how ordering will go (payments through PayPal only). International shipping will be $15US for certified mail, $26US for registered mail; domestic shipping within the US should be $10US.

Please don't flood me with inquiries from the site -- I'm not taking pre-orders, and when stock is available for purchase I'll let everyone know via this thread, and after that, it will be first-come, first-served on orders.

Plus, if you flood me with inquiries, that's only going to slow down the final build-up and testing.

;)

Already out of stock?

Today i got my T500 home :)

Well installed drivers etc. Went to test it out on Project Cars. Made few laps on Formula A car, when i start driving it it was shaky as hell but when i accelerated abit it got much better, then suddenly i couldn't downshift :E

Tried Dirt 3, same problem no downshifting..i was like wtf new wheel and it's messed up already.

Went to check out control panel and when u pressed the Downshift lever it was kinda jumping on / off even if i pressed it all the time. Upshift didn't have that problem. Then i restarted computer went back to control panel, same problem.

Went to drive again and it was working..wierd..:guilty:

Today i got my T500 home :)

Well installed drivers etc. Went to test it out on Project Cars. Made few laps on Formula A car, when i start driving it it was shaky as hell but when i accelerated abit it got much better, then suddenly i couldn't downshift :E

Tried Dirt 3, same problem no downshifting..i was like wtf new wheel and it's messed up already.

Went to check out control panel and when u pressed the Downshift lever it was kinda jumping on / off even if i pressed it all the time. Upshift didn't have that problem. Then i restarted computer went back to control panel, same problem.

Went to drive again and it was working..wierd..:guilty:

My T500 done this when I first got it also, I narrowed down the problem to my G27 shifter I had connected via a leo bodner adapter.💡

I didnt realize but my G27 shifter had an electronic issue with first gear not being recognized, which was tripping out my right paddle shifter on my T500.

As soon as I removed the G27 shifter the paddle shifter on T500 has worked flawlessly ever since.

Weird huh :boggled:

Back