The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Just picked up a T500 for a customer install. Box was labelled V4, and guess what? Both wheel and pedals are V4! Looking forward to try the brake with the double compression springs (the V2 I have installed has torsion springs).

Off to race at Daytona, update to follow when I get back in a week...

The top delivery option for me is free.

FREE SHIPPING (DPD Next Day)

£0.00

And then

DPD Next Day Parcel

£10.50
Does anyone see this? I've never seen a free option when I go to checkout on OCUK. However, it lists as £289.99 if I checkout via PayPal... but I don't want to click continue in case it still makes me pay £10.50...

By selling them for such low price I bet they are V2 or V1 :grumpy:

Why so? Do you seriously think they care much about this or open up the boxes to check?

I could get a T500RS for quite a bit less when I ordered mine. But I went for a F1 version that was slightly more then the F1 deal. It was a V5 :)

Does anyone see this? I've never seen a free option when I go to checkout on OCUK. However, it lists as £289.99 if I checkout via PayPal... but I don't want to click continue in case it still makes me pay £10.50...
Just figured this out... they do free delivery for loyal forum members. I guess Michelcleo is such a man.

Was tempted to get the T500 F1 set from Amazon as it dropped to £292 and there is apparently more chances that you'll get a V.5... but luckily I looked at the photos first - there's no fixed shifters? I guess that's why they don't sell the GT rim separately, but still... very weird that the F1 version is usually more expensive than the GT, when the GT can easily become the F1 version but not the other way around... the shifters are my favourite part of the wheel!

I don´t see how the GT can become the F1 version easy. You mean you should hack off the top and down side of the GT rim? You can use the GT rim for formula though it feels weird you can use the f1 rim for rally though it feels weird :)

You pay part for the license, part for it being an add on and part for bit more buttons I believe. I don´t have the standard wheel so I can compare the quality of them.

But the standard wheel is 99 euro with shipping separately which is not that much less then you can get the F1 rim for.

I mean that the T500 GT can become the T500 F1 if you buy the F1 rim separately, but the T500 F1 can't become the GT because a) the GT rim is really difficult to find separately and b) the T500 F1 base has no fixed paddles.

The T500 base is the same. You get the fixed paddles also if you get the "F1 integral T500". Really nice extra set of super easy to reach buttons :)

Thrustmaster themselves sell the standard wheel you contact them directly about it though I didn´t get that one. Fixed paddles is superb for us that want more then one rim having paddles without having to deal with cables and extra costs. It does work for F1 even for me though I of course much preferr the F1 rim for that.

Hmmm. Confusing.

So what's up with this photo?

Wheel-Thrustmaster-Ferrari-F1-Wheel-Integral-T500-Review-01-picture.jpg

They've used the non paddle-shift photo on the packaging shot on that very page. Somebody has messed up here... or maybe the original production run was gonna be without paddles, and then they decided later to include them...

Ok I have never seen it must be a really old photo?

Dunno what sense that would make to leave them out.

Many of the product photo's used by Amazon are user submitted.
Someone could just have decided to have some fun with Photoshop...

Notice the small print link below the graphics for the T500 on the Amazon UK site?

Share your own customer images

Last edited:
The image is directly from Thrustmaster. It's on the Thrustmaster site, and on Amazon UK. The customer images are clearly marked as such, and these are not.

The image is directly from Thrustmaster. It's on the Thrustmaster site, and on Amazon UK. The customer images are clearly marked as such, and these are not.

My miss, stand corrected then. Crossed out previous post. Thanks.

Product revision coming perhaps with intentional leak?
Or someone messed up and linked the wrong pic too early?
Won't be the first time its happened if that is the case.
Time will tell...

Last edited:
I'm kinda kicking myself though, as it's a guaranteed V.4 or V.5 if you get the F1 set, and £292 was a great price. I just saw all those shots without the fixed paddles, saw that nowhere sold the GT rim separately, and assumed that was the reason, which put me off. That same listing is now back to £549.99 on Amazon.

If I'd checked a few other sites, I'd have seen a bunch more shots of it with the fixed paddles. Not that I particularly want the F1 rim, but I wanted the later version... could have gone for it and added a GT rim later. Grrr. Went with Overclockers in the end, hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

Hi, My Husky chewed up my pedal wire, Do you guys think I can replace the wire myself?
Any help will be appreciated.

I just did the right thing and drilled holes and hard mounted my T500RS. It did take this long because the standard clamp could hold it to 99 %. But now it´s not going anywhere.

Anyway it appears to me that there is different depth to the two holes? One of my 50 mm bolts I could screw all the way and the other just some 35-40 mm?

I just did the right thing and drilled holes and hard mounted my T500RS. It did take this long because the standard clamp could hold it to 99 %. But now it´s not going anywhere.

Anyway it appears to me that there is different depth to the two holes? One of my 50 mm bolts I could screw all the way and the other just some 35-40 mm?

I also hard mounted my T500 to my rig.
Before doing so I consulted the T500's user manual and found the following:

Page 8/20 of T500 User Manual's English section:

2. Tighten 2 “M6” screws (not supplied) into the Cockpit table and into the 2 small screw threads
under the wheel.
Important note for the Wheel: These screws must not be longer than 12mm to avoid damaging
the components inside the base.

The 12mm refers to the protrusion length of the screws from wheel base surface inside the wheel base.

So of course you need to subtract the 2 or 3mm thickness of rubber pads on the bottom of the wheel base and the thickness of the material the wheel is bolted to from the total length of your 50mm bolts.

Which means if the material you are mounting the wheel's base to is less than 35 or 36mm thick, then you have more bolt protrusion inside your wheel base than the 12mm length Thrustmaster recommends.

Last edited:
Thanks! I mailed thrustmaster about it they mentioned the M6 but nothing about that. They sure must have stoppers for the drill holes so you actually have to destroy some plastic or metal cap before doing any real damage or do they not?

Thanks! I mailed thrustmaster about it they mentioned the M6 but nothing about that. They sure must have stoppers for the drill holes so you actually have to destroy some plastic or metal cap before doing any real damage or do they not?

Like I stated, its right there in the user manual.
I have no clue what they did internally as I have not had a reason yet to dismantle my T500.

Thrustmaster also has a PDF you can d/l from their support site called; T500_RS_Cockpit_Fixations.
Its down towards the bottom of this web page.
That has a diagram with an internal cutaway of where inside the wheel's base the bolts protrude.

Last edited:
I didn´t find the information in the manual that came with the wheel and downloaded the wrong schematic which didn´t have any such information.

But pulled back a bit on them just to be on the safe side. There is still some possible wiggle possible abotu the same as with the attachement bar. Wonder if it´s the rubber feet? Anybody tried to removing those to get it totally rigid? Could be the plastic shell to I suppose.

I sit in a steel cockpit I just like when I just can´t move anything half a mm if it´s possible :)

As far as I remember there are no stoppers in my old V2 T500. Though last time I opened a T500 was over a year ago, so I could be wrong or it has been updated by Thrustmaster in later produced wheels.

Also the holes are in the metal mounting structure inside the T500 which also holds things like belts, motors and all that good stuff. Basically everything is mounted to it and the plastic shell is mostly cosmetic.

I've just joined the T500 club as my F1 version arrived from Amazon, one of those £295 units. I can confirm it's a V5 and definitely has both fixed and wheel paddles.

The fan is definitely noisy, something that's really surprised me as I move from a G27.

My biggest issue is that I left foot brake and on the G27 I swapped the clutch and brake springs and used the clutch pedal to brake. Simple reason for this is that when I use the middle pedal it hurts my back as I'm slightly twisting my back as I brake.

Where can I get an extra wide pedal from to make the brake more left-foot-brake friendly?

DC

Latest Posts

Back