The Updated OCD Thread

• Thread starter jkt008
  • 1,901 comments

What type of cars would you like to see more of in the OCD?

• LMP, Group C etc.

Votes: 746 37.4%
  • Supercars

Votes: 640 32.1%
  • Classic Muscle

Votes: 363 18.2%
  • Concept, Prototypes

Votes: 504 25.3%
  • Family Cars

Votes: 145 7.3%
  • Trucks, Utes

Votes: 104 5.2%
  • Historic, Iconic

Votes: 633 31.7%
  • Touring

Votes: 371 18.6%
  • Skylines, NSXs, GTOs, 3000 GTs

Votes: 150 7.5%
  • Miatas, MX5s, RX7s etc.

Votes: 88 4.4%
  • Mitsubitshi Evolutions

Votes: 84 4.2%
  • Tuners

Votes: 395 19.8%
  • Cup Cars

Votes: 262 13.1%
  • Small Cars (Fiat 500s, Daihatsu Midgets etc.)

Votes: 102 5.1%
  • Not really bothered

Votes: 185 9.3%

• Total voters
I'm still waiting for the Lister Storm to finally show up its been over a year since its last appearance thats the last car I need to have all the standard cars besides the rest of the psp cars.

Last edited:
Shouldn't we have a new OCD tonight? What gives PD?!?

No, schedule is for next week. OCD updates the week the new seasonal-not time & drift trail- are posted.

We where due for a change last week, but since the last OCD update was a special holiday update with more cars than normal and all 1/2 price, they kept that OCD up longer than usual.

Normal time between updates is 2 weeks, this time it will be 4 weeks to give players time to buy all those cars/give some PD employees some time off, they are people too you know, who also like to take time off around the new year.

No, schedule is for next week. OCD updates the week the new seasonal-not time & drift trail- are posted.

We where due for a change last week, but since the last OCD update was a special holiday update with more cars than normal and all 1/2 price, they kept that OCD up longer than usual.

Normal time between updates is 2 weeks, this time it will be 4 weeks to give players time to buy all those cars/give some PD employees some time off, they are people too you know, who also like to take time off around the new year.

Yeah I know.. That's why I was hoping this week they would update it.👍

Yes well PD are people too. However, they like everybody else they have a job to do. Since the majority of folks are back to work so can PD.👍

Why do think they should get more time off then everybody else? Most normal working people get a few days off(not weeks).👍👍

Yeah I know.. That's why I was hoping this week they would update it.👍

Yes well PD are people too. However, they like everybody else they have a job to do. Since the majority of folks are back to work so can PD.👍

Why do think they should get more time off then everybody else? Most normal working people get a few days off(not weeks).👍👍

Well, must countries. China does close for 1 to 4 weeks in a month or so (Chinese New Year). Depending on the industry you are in plays a factor. Majority of the employee get to go back home for a few weeks out of the entire year....that has to be difficult.

OCD should of been on January 2nd. Next expected OCD update will be January 16th...if they get back on OUR regular channel, time and dates.

Did anyone else's OCD go to full price today. It's the same cars as the last few weeks but full price now.

Yes, I think this has to do with the fact that the double prize money in the seasonals has also ended.

Did anyone else's OCD go to full price today. It's the same cars as the last few weeks but full price now.

Thankfully I bought the remainder up yesterday. Gutted that the New Year Seasonal has gone - best thing to happen for a while:(

So when the is the next update? Next week? Two weeks? Was disappointed to see the same cars once again since there wasn't an update yesterday.

I wonder how this year's schedule will be...what weeks will they skip, will they do discounts like they did for the last 3 weeks, etc.

I figure the game will be supported until the very end, seasonals and OCD updates coming as they have been. Not really sure if there will be any more significant gameplay updates. Maybe there is one or even two more significant DLC cars or tracks (seems obvious that we will get the C7 unmasked and all). I bet there will be another Nissan GT Academy this year as well.

It's just a question of how long can we keep playing this game until we cannot care about it anymore.

It's just a question of how long can we keep playing this game until we cannot care about it anymore.

Considering there are people still playing GT1 through GT4, I think people will be playing GT5 for many years to come. They'll stop updating the game when GT6 is released.

Considering there are people still playing GT1 through GT4, I think people will be playing GT5 for many years to come. They'll stop updating the game when GT6 is released.

i just hope it releases soon and on ps3.

doubtful.

Still the same OCD and no new seasonal races.
I'm wonder after all those new interesting trailers if PD might overhaul the seasonal and OCD thing.
Since we know about makers tickets. All we need now is another maintenance notice :D

Lemme Guess the OCD will be Only Corvettes :D LOL

Maybe...depends on how much money GM paid PD to make the C7 and any other marketing ideas that will float around GT in the near future. I wish more companies would do this (other than Nissan; we already know Nissan paid for most of the dang game, anyway).

I wonder what the new Seasonal will be today? Something C7 related, I would guess.

And will the least current one drop off? I think it might.

Still the same OCD and no new seasonal races.
I'm wonder after all those new interesting trailers if PD might overhaul the seasonal and OCD thing.
Since we know about makers tickets. All we need now is another maintenance notice :D

:lol:...if it does it would be nice! Guess I should hold off on the 24hour race for another week since some are having isssues with the new 2.10 update. Let alone the odd PP?

Should be tonight as the next target date....crossing fingers for better seasonals that dont get recycled or has a crazy fast rabit up front and new OCD.

...we already know Nissan paid for most of the dang game, anyway..

No, we don't know that? Where have you heard that? Link or something?

If im correct PD owns half of nissan in shares or something or the company?

Well.... no? :lol: :lol: :lol: Where do you people get such infomation? :lol:

PD owns no company, especially not a half of 85th company on the world, worth $48.6 billion in market-cap (market value) and 14B$ in cash :) (which is more then double worth then whole Sony with all Sony's divisions)

PD is owned by Sony Computer Entertainment - it is subsidiary of SCE. PD owns only 24-hours of life of their employees ;)

No, we don't know that? Where have you heard that? Link or something?

I may have exaggerated. However, the kind of advertising that this game produces does not come cheap. I'd figure in the millions per auto company, depending on in-game exposure...and with the kind of favoritism Nissan gets in the GT series, I would say they are the ones who have paid the largest amount.

A Super Bowl commercial costs millions for 30 seconds. Sure, millions of people watch the Super Bowl, but millions of people have played GT too; and gamers play more than once. The advertising in GT pounds us with logos, branding, etc. This does not come cheap. Not only is there profit from game sales, there is also profit from advertising. Radio and TV make billions from advertising alone every year. That being said, I think that Nissan has paid a ton of money to PD/Sony for having such crazy exposure for their cars in the game. (can someone say about 80 Skylines?)

Unless Kaz is getting a lot of non-PD related benefits from the marketing he and Sony helps Nissan with in-game, like funding his racing habit, most money would go back to PD. But I'm sure Sony would have something to say about that considering they control PD.

But back on topic...I can't wait for the OCD to be reloaded with classic race cars like the original GT40.

Back