The Wagons Only Thread [Please See First Post!]

• Thread starter E RaK
  • 1,482 comments
Can this be called a wagon?? It's a sedan that has had the hatchback rear grafted on...

http://www.superstreetonline.com/event-coverage/hday-englishtown-2016-the-big-one-hits-e-town/

sedan-hatch-conversion.jpg

My story with station wagons, first off when I was a young boy I was playing with my hot wheels in the back of one of these when my mother was t-boned by a mountain bell truck doing about 50mph, yeesh the engine block cracked in 1/2 and parts on the ground.

CX2460-0549-700x560.jpg

My brother in law souped up one of these with a 455 in it and is the car I used to obtain my car drivers license.

869249d3b542dfe8034b1c71880bbf23.jpg

My mother gave me her old one of these when I was 16, I used it when I didn't feel like riding the kz900 to school.

1970-Datsun-510-Wagon-600x400.jpg

And that is my extent of wagons, I remember laughing at the fact my brother in laws cruiser was not as large as his mates charger :lol: I ran that 510 into the ground following a mate in a 4x4 through some back fields jumping it until I shot a rod. amazingly enough it still ran just fine on three cylinders I only had to feed it oil non stop. Drove it about a year that way :lol:

It's weird how some cars' rear wheels lose their centering when lowered. I think it's the seventh gen Accord that does that as well. So sad.

That 510 though. I'd almost kill to have one of those.

Shooting brake is just the term for a two-door wagon, is it not? As opposed to just being a hatchback?
Shooting brakes have a sportier, aerodynamic look such as the FF. Its roofline will slope downwards. In comparison, hatchbacks have large trunk space and are larger in general, such as the Golf and Fiesta.

Look at the 86 "shooting brake" roof line, then read your description again. Obvious, impractically slopey slope. I'm not seeing any lack of sportiness, whether you want to call it a wagon or not. Next to no slope, however, on the breadvan. Also, OP says shooting brakes are okay.

Anyway...

mercedes-benz-cls-63-amg-s-model-4matic-shooting-brake-wallpaper-hd-12108.jpg

mercedes-benz-cls-63-amg-shooting-brake-1.jpg

Last edited:
Holy moly, sir.

I don't think it would have the same effect if they weren't all white. That is a beautiful sight.

Not a big fan of the 626 myself, but it's cute! @ImmalovemaGTR :)

The engine in my Prim was a QG18DE, 118HP if I'm not mistaking. It was completely stock except for the paintjob and wheels. Still, loved the hell out of that car. Too bad of my "friend" smashed it. Still owes me money.
I guess I'll do more to my new car, when lowered it would look more like a wagon than a SUV, but I'm happy with that. :)

Back