TheHardwares Ultimate B-Spec guide (unofficial)

I know its been mentioned on another thread, but hot B spec drivers do very well on the oval courses. Tried it with a brand new hotheadded driver on Indy - Like the wind, and won by a mile. Also cos off the level buffer created by my number one driver (who is in contract talks at the moment as he is underperforming) my #2 went from Lvl 0 to Lvl 7. Gonna be handy getting ready for the enduros i think..

Sorry guys but I still disagree.. Just got home from work and popped in some gt5.. Went to b-spec.. Did not give one single command.. Bob sittin there cursing around a LONG corner at about 40mph.. Before the apex I hit "pace up" and... 1/2 a second later.. His pace went up! Not at the cursing speed it was before but DEFINITELY working the throttle harder.. DEFINITELY!!! 100% positive... And this was after cursing for a lap in 1st place so my meter was all the way to the "cool" side

Try it for yourself.. Find a nice long rounded off corner where Bob normally cruises and hit "up pace" in the middle of the turn and u will hear a difference immediately!

Sorry, but what is a cursing lap?

cheers and i think the next step is to create a walkthrough for all events with b spec. theres already a walkthrough for historic cup (forgot who posted it) and for Americna Championship already posted and works - lvl 0 driver with a tuned z06 race modification and pace at 75% - 100% throughout the whole race.

other walkthroughts will be appreciated. i still have yet to do the laguna seca b spec on american championship and i havent attempted nascar which i think will be very difficult. stupid b spec ai on oval track + same cars as other ai = instant lose.

Interesting stuff.One question,appologies if it sounds daft,some of you have more than 1 B-spec driver,how do you select a second or third driver?
cheers

Interesting stuff.One question,appologies if it sounds daft,some of you have more than 1 B-spec driver,how do you select a second or third driver?
cheers

You gain the ability to create more drivers as you progress.

Is there any way to check all your drivers stats after creating him? I hate my first driver, but he is lvl 12 and my others are lvl 6 and lvl 5. I'm thinking about leveling up my lvl 5 guy to take on the latter racers because my lvl 12 guy sucks at overtaking! One thing though is is good at keeping control of cars, which I think is because he is a cool character, where my lvl 5er that I like a lot overtakes flawlessly but can sometimes spin out (only happened twice) since he is right up there in the hot for his character.

All you can see in their stats is speed, mental strength and physical strength. Can we check up on their cornering, braking and accuracy again to find out their strengths? I have no idea what any of mine are anymore!

Is there any way to check all your drivers stats after creating him? I hate my first driver, but he is lvl 12 and my others are lvl 6 and lvl 5. I'm thinking about leveling up my lvl 5 guy to take on the latter racers because my lvl 12 guy sucks at overtaking! One thing though is is good at keeping control of cars, which I think is because he is a cool character, where my lvl 5er that I like a lot overtakes flawlessly but can sometimes spin out (only happened twice) since he is right up there in the hot for his character.

All you can see in their stats is speed, mental strength and physical strength. Can we check up on their cornering, braking and accuracy again to find out their strengths? I have no idea what any of mine are anymore!

in main menu of gt life mode, go to the left hand menu and click on the driver helmet icon and then press X on the driver you want to see. will reveal all stats.

Thanks, well it must all be down to them being hot or cool character. All my drivers are very similar with Accuracy being their best skill, except my latter two have slightly better braking than cornering while my lvl 12 has better cornering than braking.

I'm trying to do the lambo event and can only manage 4th. He gets around them but sometimes feels there isn't enough room to pull in front of them then brakes early and loses his ground. Being such wide cars on a narrow street circuit I see the problem... I think I just need a hot driver to barge his way through and hopefully not spin out. Failing that I'll probably have to buy a Gallardo (since I will need one for the Gallardo event anyway) since this countach even with 678hp doesn't seem to cut it for b-spec.

For my gallardo event, i kept the pace to about 7/10th the bar. When the pace bar (yep that s a Pace bar, hence the P) got higher i issued the pace down command, when on spot the stay on pace every 25 seconds (the time for pace change when nothing special occurs), and pace up when the pace decreased a bit too much.

The B-Driver did all the work, perfect race with max-tuned gallardo.

The lambo event, i won easily, but my murceliago was ridiculously overpowered. I just kept the Pace cool enough (half bar) to prevent 360s.

By the way, when i was playing with opponent cameras, i witnessed that they regain physical strength when they are maxxed on blue.

Last edited:
For my gallardo event, i kept the pace to about 8/10th the bar. When the pace bar (yep that s a Pace bar, hence the P) got higher i issued the pace down command, when on spot the stay on pace every 25 seconds (the time for pace change when nothing special occurs), and pace up when the pace decreased a bit too much.

The B-Driver did all the work, perfect race with max-tuned gallardo.

The lambo event, i won easily, but my murceliago was ridiculously overpowered. I just kept the Pace cool enough (half bar) to prevent 360s.

The 'P' by the bar is a Pit indicator

The 'P' by the bar is a Pit indicator

Hahaha thanks ! never had to use the pit so far :dopey:
I am only lev19 A and lev 19 B.

Anyway i play it as a pace game, and so far it works like a charm. For each car tuned i know what pace to keep (which position is optimal on the meter) based on the corners of the race.

I just started playing with B Spec since I hit 26 in A Spec. When do you get your 2nd driver just out of curiosity? Thanks

My Bob goes straight to the redline until he takes the lead and then you can cool him down so he drives smoother and more consistently. He does seem to respond to commands when he is red-lined, when he's not making a mistake at least.

And I can definitely see an immediate response when I tell him to increase the pace... it's usually when he's solidly in the lead and drifting towards blue that it is most noticeable.

Hey all,
This B-spec guide can definitely be re-written after we figure out more things, I'm glad it is all so mysterious, I don't think they will release specific info about how this works, as It may take the fun out of it.

I am taking notes and if anyone wants to re-write it, I'll gladly share what I have accumulated, but it's not much more than what I have in the first post.

Personally, I feel pace up only instantly works when towards the lower end of blue or the max out of red. Otherwise it seems more based on where the meter is itself in what your pace is. To me leaving the extremes are instant, which actually makes the most sense.

When you look at it on the opposite end and you're maxed out in the red around other cars, dropping pace does not instantly slow you down as pace down is merely holding your meter in place around other cars. Testing the theory only on the blue side does not give you good results as your meter will always go up with pace up seeing as there's no event on the track that causes your meter to go down at a rapid rate compared to getting stressed out. You can pace up in blue and always go up, you can't always pace down in the red and have the meter drop.

Hehe.. today, B-Bob came out of a corner in cape ring an accidentally went into pit. Then i watched the replay and that hes done it 3 times and was re climbing the pole to 3rd place.

I will be re-writing some major parts of the (unofficial guide) I have learned that Balanc is what is key (The line in the middle of the Meter.

I am looking for all input about it, and it seems when you are Hot(red) you overtake more efficiently and you drive more aggressively, and when cold(blue) you handle better, take corners better ect....so having the bar somewhere around the middle is key in making descision about which side (hot or cold) you would like your racer to approch during the race, too hot = too many mistakes, too cold = to slow

If I had a video of Kazunori Yamauchi playing B-speck that would help.

I will be re-writing some major parts of the (unofficial guide) I have learned that Balanc is what is key (The line in the middle of the Meter.

I am looking for all input about it, and it seems when you are Hot(red) you overtake more efficiently and you drive more aggressively, and when cold(blue) you handle better, take corners better ect....so having the bar somewhere around the middle is key in making descision about which side (hot or cold) you would like your racer to approch during the race, too hot = too many mistakes, too cold = to slow

If I had a video of Kazunori Yamauchi playing B-speck that would help.

I guess you are right. At the start of every race my Bob goes maxed out red
until he has passed all cars. Maxed out red he also tends to drift a bit and make some minor mistakes (when driving a car for the first time etc.).
Then the meter will fall to max blue as he gains distance to the other cars. When maxed blue his speed falls. If the 2nd catches up the meter automatically ups too. Now, at lev 20, he automatically ups his pace and puts distance between himself and the 2nd. At lower levels (do not recall which, guess around 7-9) he did not automatically increase speed and let the 2nd overtake him, if i did not tell him to pace up.

My guess is that, when you are 1st, the best laptimes you get by keeping the meter always centered. So when cooling down after becoming 1st, just hit the maintain pace button when the meter reaches the center.

Hey guys, great thread. I just got to level 5 on B-Spec.

My question is, when is a good time to create my second driver?

I'm still trying to figure out how to really push your drivers for the best possible times for the Sig Ed. Comp. I'm now Lvl 39 and i've got 4 drivers between 36-40.

Once you get above say lvl 10, theres no need to have ur driver below middle on new racing soft tyres. Also i find that how hot you run your driver does not effect the rate at which his strength and mental goes down...

The part where someone mentioned the drivers get better on a certain track and car with time is interesting. Most certainly sounds very possible. However, to think that the control interface are so simple and stupid, but they developed such a complex experience calculator behind the simple interface doesn't make sense to me...

I really hope thats not the case, my top drivers been leveling LeMans 24hr since lvl 0.... and only knows how to drive a X1....

Last edited:
Back