Theory on the Audi R8 LMS Ultra Handling

Celebrating the Phoenix' 100th win ... :D
I'm guessing 85 of them on the Nürburgring, the rest in Spa, Brands Hatch and Mount Panorama.

Audi-R8-Phoenix-stats.jpg

At almost 10.000 km, body rigidity had to be restored for the second time.
You feel the difference and you can also see it in the showroom: before it was restored, the car looked pale and out of focus.

Last edited:
I find it a little bit funny how there is relatively many drivers who has R8LMS among one of the most driven cars but then others are claiming that it is impossible to drive. But on the other hand it needs some tuning which increases mileage and I find it really interesting to drive because of its wild nature. And it is also the fastest GT3 car (I haven't the Z4 GT3 but it seems also very fast. It is actually one of my favourite GT3 cars but the sound is so awful that I haven't bought it. In R8LMS it is at least somewhat realistic :))

PS. Hi all, I'm new to GTPlanet. My first post :gtpflag:

The Phoenix now has almost 13.000 km on the display.
Over the last month I managed some improvements in laptimes, during Nürburg 24' races (s-class).
Mostly a few tenths, yesterday almost 1.5 second, despite of the very odd FF feeling now (since 1.09).

Today I tried something else and set the camber to 0.

That resulted in a massive and unexpected improvement:

I was eight seconds faster than yesterday :)

Did some more races to be sure and yes, almost the same laptime every time.

Setting camber to 0 surely did the trick. I had already tuned the oversteer away, but with the new settings the car is really nice to drive, even likes to slide a bit and no trace of oversteer. Topspeed is marginally higher and so is tirewear.

Edit: without any further changes (apart of an oil change because HP went down) today another 3" improvement.
While it has always been my favourite and most used car, now it is even a breeze to drive !
Really loving it now...

Last edited:
Yes I've been fiddling with the R8 LMS for a long long time now. Tried every possible tuning combinations that I can think of. But setting rear camber to zero seems to be the most effective way. Seems like camber isn't fixed after all 👎

Back