This game sux. graphics fuglyF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Bushido007
  • 48 comments
Drummer...I agree. This is the one game I was looking forward to this year and it's utter garbage. I cannot see this as anything other than a money grab by CM. They delivered an untested beta out of the box, and made it worse with the patch.

In other words, total waste of money and time. So broken, I don't think they can fix it.

So I bought this game today for $38 down from $100. And you know what? I love it. The graphics aren't perfect, that's for sure, but it isn't nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. The physics feel fantastic, and if anyone says the physics are worse than 2010, their opinion is invalid bashing.

The racing is the best I've had this year in a game, although I can't comment on how Forza 4 is in that department. I don't really have any problems with this game apart from the graphics being pretty average. Not bad, just average. I think the racing community has been spoiled this year by games with incredible graphics (at times) that we expect that for every game.

P.S I'm playing on 1.00.

JGW
Drummer...I agree. This is the one game I was looking forward to this year and it's utter garbage. I cannot see this as anything other than a money grab by CM. They delivered an untested beta out of the box, and made it worse with the patch.

In other words, total waste of money and time. So broken, I don't think they can fix it.

That's the way most developers have gone these days. The PS3 has more potential than the Xbox 360, but the Xbox 360 is easier to develop for and it's closer to a PC in architecture so they can develop it for both essentially.

Same with many other games, Skyrim being the latest example off the top of my head.

The PS3 can handle these games, but the developers always do a poor job of optimising them for it, which means it has all sorts of problems that the other platforms don't. That is why I bought the game for PC. And I have to say, the actual racing is probably the best i've seen in any game (And i've made that judgement after just 2 races... but maybe i'm just used to the GT5 AI which has big problems with competitiveness). The graphics are as good as they need to be for a racing game.

I just bought it for PC and the game is a whole new experience. With the improved graphics and ability to mod the game, it's the best F1 gaming experience I've had. Currently using mods for: realistic visual tire wear, realistic cockpit view, realistic damage, and all 2011 driver helmets. Still waiting for a realistic look to apex mod. There are a couple out there now, but they're too dramatic, imo.

Is it really that big of difference? Just wondering if I can justify buying this on PC or not. I've been playing iRacing alot lately with its great visuals and went back to F1 2011(ps3) a few nights ago. I must say my eyes hurt now. I didn't think the ps3 version was too bad at first, but I change my mind now. Things flashing and jaggies everywhere.:yuck:

I really enjoy F1 2011 even with its quircks and bugs. Willing to buy on PC if its a big difference cause the ps3 version is meh to me now.

I use a HDTV with HDMI Cable & the graphics seem fine, take GT5 for instance, good detail to the cars & tracks but the surroundings suffer which kinda ruins it.

I would rather have a good detailed & realistic game with ok graphics than a ok detailed game that isn't so realistic but has better graphics.

I use a HDTV with HDMI Cable & the graphics seem fine, take GT5 for instance, good detail to the cars & tracks but the surroundings suffer which kinda ruins it.

I would rather have a good detailed & realistic game with ok graphics than a ok detailed game that isn't so realistic but has better graphics.

Yea, same here. HDTV and HDMI. I've just been playing racing sims alot lately on the pc where everything is detailed. I'll get used to it again suppose.

I've been looking at the CM forums about the PC version and think I'll stick with the ps3 version. Seems theres more issues with the PC than consoles from what I've read over there.

I've just been playing racing sims alot lately on the pc where everything is detailed...

It's crazy, since the RD mods section came back up I redownloaded all the goodies and took an inventory of my personal favorite options:

- AI Enhancer (fixed out of sight bug, pre-patch 1.02)
- Ultra High Graphics Settings Mod (for AI cars in-race details improved)
- Real Cockpit Cam (with antenna and look to apex)
- Improved Visual Tyre Wear
- Off-center T-Cams
- Realistic Damage for Player and AI Cars (game changer!!)
- AI Aggression Improvement

Those last two really do it for me. So good... :cheers:

I've been looking at the CM forums about the PC version and think I'll stick with the ps3 version. Seems theres more issues with the PC than consoles from what I've read over there.

Not only that, I was thinking about buying it for PC today... but the graphics card you need is nuts! It's like top of the line for todays standards just to run it on low!

Not only that, I was thinking about buying it for PC today... but the graphics card you need is nuts! It's like top of the line for todays standards just to run it on low!

Not for F1 2011? For a game like Battlefield 3 maybe, but to my knowledge F1 2011 isn't that GPU intensive.

Not for F1 2011? For a game like Battlefield 3 maybe, but to my knowledge F1 2011 isn't that GPU intensive.

The box I was looking at today said that you needed an Nvidia GeForce GTX 500 series or a ATI 7000 series. That's some pretty high standards in my opinion.

The box I was looking at today said that you needed an Nvidia GeForce GTX 500 series or a ATI 7000 series. That's some pretty high standards in my opinion.

The box said recommended settings were a GTX 460 or a Radeon HD 5850. I'm fairly sure both are out of production, but they are/were strictly mid-range cards. The recommended requirements point out what you need to run it smoothly at HD resolutions on medium to high settings.

Out of interest what Graphics card do you have? I have a Radeon HD 6850 which is on par with the GTX 460 I think, and it runs the game at 1680x1050 on high settings comfortably.

I also heard that F1 2011 is more of a CPU intensive game, so if you have a recent intel or AMD quad core processor then the graphics card won't be as important.

The box said recommended settings were a GTX 460 or a Radeon HD 5850. I'm fairly sure both are out of production, but they are/were strictly mid-range cards. The recommended requirements point out what you need to run it smoothly at HD resolutions on medium to high settings.

Out of interest what Graphics card do you have? I have a Radeon HD 6850 which is on par with the GTX 460 I think, and it runs the game at 1680x1050 on high settings comfortably.

I also heard that F1 2011 is more of a CPU intensive game, so if you have a recent intel or AMD quad core processor then the graphics card won't be as important.

I have a 2ghz i7, 4gb ram, AMD Radeon HD6490M with 256mb memory. I'm fairly certain not good enough to run the game half way decently.

Seismica

So how do you think a i7 laptop with a gtx 260 would run at 1600x900? I use it to play iracing at near full graphics with fps limited to a 100 connected to a HDTV. I definitely think it would look better than the ps3 even if the settings were at medium.

I was looking at the requirements on steam and looks like the gtx 260 is supported if running dx9. I think the higher end gpu's are for dx11 users.

I'm not too familiar with laptop cards but I think both of you should be able to run it on low settings in DX9 at least, but on lower resolutions (Might just be able to manage 720p, any higher than that and it may be pushing it).

I'm not the best person to ask when it comes to laptops though. I can't find benchmarks for these particular cards for F1 2011 (This one doesn't list any of them).

Thanks for that link. Even though it doesn't have my card on there it did give me an idea of where I stand for performance. Did some searching and my gtx 260m is classified in the high-end gpu for laptops. Now that was about 2 years ago, but its ran everthing I've thrown at it so far. Its desktop equivalent is somewhere around a nvidia 8800gt/9800gt card. So I'm thinking running the game on a mid-range resolution with dx9, I should get decent performance.

I think I'm going to get it on pc soon and give it a go. I really want a few of the mods out there and would like a smoother running experience. Its not that the ps3 version is bad, its the anti-aliasing and far distance visuals that ruin it for me. Plus the framerate is still not the best.

F1:CE was were it ended for me, that was an excellent title and being developed in house they knew how to get the most out of the PS3. Codemasters handing of the franchise has been pretty meh, everything is average. Year on year titles means its, for the most part, a reprint with different liveries.

You're joking??? Or you're on drugs mate. Sony Liverpool pretty much phoned in their F1 games. The handling was terrible and the games did not change year to year.

Now play F12010 and F12011 side by side and you will notice a big difference. I'm not asking you to like the games, but if any series was "just a reprint with different liveries", it was studio liverpool's.

And this thread title had me in stitches.

Back