Thoughts on the license Tests?

• Thread starter durb98
  • 155 comments
I think the ghost system is busted...

My PB on A10 is 29.010 - I deadset crossed the line a quarter car length ahead of of my ghost, and finished with a 29.4...

I can't do this one. It's quite frustrating!
The ghosts on licenses don't go off of your PB, they go off of your best time in that session. Stupid design, yes, but not bugged.

When reaching the threshold of frustration due to not achieving gold, I do a few things:

- If the ASM is on, I switch it off. If it's off, I switch it on. Same with countersteering assist. Because I'm already in the flow of doing the test where I've understood the braking & cornering ability of the car, by switching these assists on or off, the difference will be immediately noticed. The difference can be positive or negative & the assist changes would remain or go.

- I play with the BB. But this is more beneficial when trying to gold sectors. There are some turns which necessitate more rear braking & that helps. Sometimes I've found about half a second worth of time by changing BB to rear.

- If I'm struggling, I keep trying instead of wanting to come later just because I'm already in the rhythm. Coming back later will again take time just to get in the rhythm.

P.S - What I've understood is it's not the car or track that's hard but understanding the tires is. If we get to grip with the different compounds of tires, it will be easier to get gold. But some tires are beyond ridiculous such as sports hard. Racing inters have more grip in the dry than sports hard tires.

What’s everyone’s opinions on the licenses test!? I’ve finally managed to finish them all with Gold. I’ve found majority of them simple, fun and challenging! As I got towards the end of International A and all of Super then that’s when it became a real challenge but very rewarding! S-10 is just another level of concentration, slightest mishap and it’s basically a fail! Overall I’ve enjoyed it! Share your experiences and thoughts below as you wish, keen to see everyone’s experiences so far
Completely agree with OP.

Has anyone returned to try licence tests now. I got gold all the way to IA, cannot be doing the S licences as i think i will go crazy!They seem easier then at the start of the game or maybe just time playing has improved my ability not sure which?

Has anyone returned to try licence tests now. I got gold all the way to IA, cannot be doing the S licences as i think i will go crazy!They seem easier then at the start of the game or maybe just time playing has improved my ability not sure which?
Yes. Doing S-9 right at the moment ... a second quicker than before and still gaining ! :D
Of course many people improved skill over time but honestly I think, it's been that recent patch that makes everything way easier.

Back