Thoughts on the license Tests?

• Thread starter durb98
  • 155 comments
Does anyone miss the ghost lines of friends during the license tests that we had in GT4 or 5? There was always 1 or 2 friends that were head & shoulders above the rest so I would try to follow their ghost trail line to claim gold.

Last edited:
I can't believe people are calling these tests hard. These are the easiest License Tests PD have given us in the series to date! I got a 2:13.567 on S-10 on my FIRST TRY! Just stay on the dry line and you good. And A10? The Suzuka one? Pfffft. I did it with my eyes closed. Git Gud guys or go play Mario Kart.
Forget all your smugness, I don't want to even go there.
Let's stay in facts! Considering this tests easier than GT Sport license tests is just wrong, false, not true.
Looking back to other GTs, they seem slightly easier, at least until IB, waiting to PD sort out the dirt/drift tire test bug to complete the licenses, in my case is hard to judge, because only playing with a wheel since GTS, but tried the waters in GT5 and GT6 with the wheel after playing GTS and some of them don't seem so hard as I recalled with DS3.

I’ve completed the menu books and mercifully only had to do two licenses. Like most the single player they are fairly joyless experiences. What do you get for getting gold on all of them?
This are the prizes for license tests, each license has a prize for all bronze and another for all gold:
  • National B License, Bronze – Renault Clio RS220 Trophy ’16
  • National B License, Gold – Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo ’91
  • National A License, Bronze – Volkswagen Scirocco R ’10
  • National A License, Gold – Subaru BRZ STI Sport ’18
  • International B License, Bronze – Toyota GR Supra Race Car Gr.4 ’19
  • International B License, Gold – Porsche Taycan Turbo S ’19
  • International A License, Bronze – Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car
  • International A License, Gold – Alpine A110
  • Super License, Bronze – Audi R8 LMS Evo ’19
  • Super License, Gold – Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition

This are the prizes for license tests, each license has a prize for all bronze and another for all gold:
  • National B License, Bronze – Renault Clio RS220 Trophy ’16
  • National B License, Gold – Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo ’91
  • National A License, Bronze – Volkswagen Scirocco R ’10
  • National A License, Gold – Subaru BRZ STI Sport ’18
  • International B License, Bronze – Toyota GR Supra Race Car Gr.4 ’19
  • International B License, Gold – Porsche Taycan Turbo S ’19
  • International A License, Bronze – Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car
  • International A License, Gold – Alpine A110
  • Super License, Bronze – Audi R8 LMS Evo ’19
  • Super License, Gold – Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
Thank you that’s really helpful. I’m only interested online so the one car Id want is the gr4 supra which will be a nice easy bronze run through. Happy to leave the rest.

Managed to gold all these last night. I'd say they were comparable to previous titles. I loved S-10 final test. Really made you consider the racing line and getting your braking done before the corner. I have a tendency to go too deep into corners quite often. I probably did about 30 attempts getting round a whole lap perhaps 5 times 😄. The last two left handers before bus stop chicane were evil.

Does anyone miss the ghost lines of friends during the license tests that we had in GT4 or 5? There was always 1 or 2 friends that were head & shoulders above the rest so I would try to follow their ghost trail line to claim gold.
I thought this was Driveclub but as I don't recall it in GT but my eldest son does, It was in Driveclub too which is the last game I played hard so that is why I recall it from there.

I can't believe people are calling these tests hard. These are the easiest License Tests PD have given us in the series to date! I got a 2:13.567 on S-10 on my FIRST TRY! Just stay on the dry line and you good. And A10? The Suzuka one? Pfffft. I did it with my eyes closed. Git Gud guys or go play Mario Kart.
This post reminds me of this scene for some reason

Last edited:
IB-10 so close but no cigar 42.416 I have watched the demo and about 5 people on youtube doing gold I cannot carry the same speed in to the second bend even with TC5 and SA on it still slides and touches the wall?? I tried TC down to 1 and SA off and to be honest it makes no difference. I am always a couple of mph slower, if I leave it until I am doing the same mph there is no chance I can brake in time and I hit the walls.
Very tricky little bugger this one I must say lol I did that IB-5 earlier rally on wrong tyres for a laugh I got a good bronze. Happy with that.

Anyone remember what settings they used for IB-10? I have been going at it for must be 5 hours now and still 0.54 away from gold!
If people hadn't done it I would swear it was a joke one which can't be done lol

I watched the demos and youtube vids and even with TC on 5 and ASM on I cannot do the speeds they do without the car understeering and touching the kerbs? I don't see where I am going wrong but obviously I am.

You can follow the demo ghost at least which is very helpful.

Anyone remember what settings they used for IB-10? I have been going at it for must be 5 hours now and still 0.54 away from gold!
If people hadn't done it I would swear it was a joke one which can't be done lol

I watched the demos and youtube vids and even with TC on 5 and ASM on I cannot do the speeds they do without the car understeering and touching the kerbs? I don't see where I am going wrong but obviously I am.
I probably did TCS at 1 and ABS on, but I got gold by a tiny margin. I think you can go in slightly slower to that last turn to make sure you get a good exit. It's important to get the braking zones right. You should be able to find some guides on youtube to get some ideas.

Thanks bud. I have tried allsorts and still no joy never mind, I settled for silver and then I went to the S-Licence lol the first one where you drive a Lambo? and Gold is 1.1200 lol I hammered it and best I did was 1.27.946 not even close to bronze lol so only 13 seconds to make up! How you supposed to make 13 seconds up at that speed I will never know.
I have reached my limit of skills so that is enough for me, I started to get frustrated so put it down and went back a while later only to think what is the point I am no where near good enough and it is only going to frustrate me again so I have called it a day.
My son is happy as I am in the process of resetting the PS5 (I don't play any other games) and setting it up in his bedroom for him to play kids games on. I am going to get a Oculus quest 2 I like the 10 pin bowling on that and other easy games.
My eldest lad is 27 so he will take the GT7.
I came I tried I passed a few tests I realised I am not good enough skill wise :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Enjoy all who have the skill and patience, god speed.

I have reached my limit of skills so that is enough for me.
Maybe the limit of your patience for now. I'd say don't throw the PS5 and GT7 under the bus. Take a break and come back later.

Is is not an easy game and it takes time to progress.

Maybe the limit of your patience for now. I'd say don't throw the PS5 and GT7 under the bus. Take a break and come back later.

Is is not an easy game and it takes time to progress.
To be honest I wasn't bothered about a PS5 I was going get GT7 on PS4, the wife got me a PS5 for christmas and it sat in it's box until the day before GT7 came out.
My 8 year old has it now in his bedroom with a big smile on his face and he is playing a game called Sackboy which my eldest son gave us a few months back, so the PS5 isn't going to waste, young son is happy.
I just don't get the same thrill out of GT7 like I used to years gone bye maybe that is why I just couldn't be bothered with GTS I played that for about a week and gave it away as I found it dire, but saying that if they re-released GT2 or GT4 for PS5 I would buy it.
When it becomes more of a chore than fun it is time to call it a day.
I am honest and I will say it is to difficult for me, I tuned the donuts off my mini cooper and went in to that mini only race Sunday cup I think it was and I couldn't win that!! if I can't win that race I might as well go and buy Outrun from the 80s lol. Years back I would have nailed that race and thought easy 3 laps.
No worries I tried it, It is me not the game.
All the best folks.
Peace.

IB-10 so close but no cigar 42.416 I have watched the demo and about 5 people on youtube doing gold I cannot carry the same speed in to the second bend even with TC5 and SA on it still slides and touches the wall?? I tried TC down to 1 and SA off and to be honest it makes no difference. I am always a couple of mph slower, if I leave it until I am doing the same mph there is no chance I can brake in time and I hit the walls.
Very tricky little bugger this one I must say lol I did that IB-5 earlier rally on wrong tyres for a laugh I got a good bronze. Happy with that.
Well, I'm totally average player, DR C in GTS, but using a G29 wheel. Didn't get gold straightforward but with a handful of tries got the job done. Only driving aid was ABS normal.
Just set your mind that the car can't handle everything you throw at it. Is a very well balanced 4WD but on the limit can understeer or oversteer, depending specially on weight transfer. So key is to be smooth when making the car rotate to be as neutral as possible. Struggled more with B-6 and the Fairlady tail hyper happy.

if you run out of stuff to do, you can always come back later to gold the tests. :lol:
This is the approach I've usually taken in GT and am going to do again now for this game. Get the licenses out of the way when I have to so I can go back to the content I really enjoy, and get the golds later.

These tests are always my favorite part of the games. As always, some are much harder than they were probably intended to be, for whatever reason. For example, it took me less time to get gold in every IB test than it did to get a gold time on A-9. I had to turn off the counter-steering assist completely and TCS down to 1 in order to just barely get gold in A-9... it's the only test where I had to adjust either setting (halfway through IA now). This is typical of GT though, and they've fixed such things in previous games. Aside from the rally tests (IA-3 is nightmarish) I'm loving it.

Last edited:
Wont they be easy for prople that have spent thousands of hours on the GT franchise vs people that have only spent a hundred or so hours?

Same goes for any game franchise lol.

Managed to gold all these last night. I'd say they were comparable to previous titles. I loved S-10 final test. Really made you consider the racing line and getting your braking done before the corner. I have a tendency to go too deep into corners quite often. I probably did about 30 attempts getting round a whole lap perhaps 5 times 😄. The last two left handers before bus stop chicane were evil.
Omg!!!! Bro I almost cried like why… where the hell is the water at.. why and I flying to the shadow realm. 😭😭

I was frustrated here and there as I plowed through them. Yea some are wonky or unrealistic, but I figured the point was to force everyone to really focus on inputs. They’ve changed so much that they needed a way to teach them to us. I just looked at them as learning modules I had to complete. I can tell you this, it totally forced me to change my driving technique.

Sadly, some are skipping them all together. I don’t get that. You paid the money so take the ride! It’s fun once you get past the Circuit Experience.

I consider myself a veteran driver, and it took me 150+ tries to do A9 hairpin. I finally figured out that I have to use the e-brake and turn the TC down.
It took me about five or six tries to get that one right

I didn't find the tests after the first two licences particularly easy but I did get gold in all licences except the S Licence. It took me a few tries for most tests except International 10 (with the AMG GTR On nordschliefe). I was .003 off getting gold in that one for three and half hours which completely put me off doing the Super licence tests.
I didn't use most of the driving aids except ABS which is the only driving aid I had enabled in all tests.

The licence tests come across as a bit easy compared to the nurburgring circuit experience stuff. Not a bad trade off I suppose. However the ones with the wrong tyres should be patched so that you can complete em

Last edited:
Some are quite hard on controller but I was getting all gold until I hit the broken dirt tire events.

Then I did some challenges and think it’s stupid to have random wind speed and direction in a fixed time challenge. It impacts your speeds in things like a slipstream and affects leaderboards.

Some of the tests seem hard to Gold. Not because of the track or the skill they expect You to master but because of the wrong allocation of tires. As of now on IA-3, the rally car has RM tires that serve no purpose on a dirt track. The demo car seems on the right tires & on rails as always.

Some of the tests seem hard to Gold. Not because of the track or the skill they expect You to master but because of the wrong allocation of tires. As of now on IA-3, the rally car has RM tires that serve no purpose on a dirt track. The demo car seems on the right tires & on rails as always.
I confirm, it's impossible to win gold for me with this tyre...... My car have Slick Hard on the dirt track ..... and i look the Demo and the car have dirt tyres...

GT7 Licence BUUGGGG :((((

Latest Posts

Back