Thrustmaster T300 FFB

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 106 comments
I noticed this weird rumble started when I realised I was playing on PS4 with PC/PS3 mode enabled on my T300rs, switched to PS4 mode and that rumbled appeared when losing grip. Now U mentioned this I tried swithching back to PC mode and its definitely much better FFB on PC mode! No artificial rumble and seems to be a lot more FFB in the centre. Im guessing because BOOST mode is enable on the PC firmware so exactly what I've been looking for! Try switching modes see if you can feel the difference
Thanks but this is odd, and definitively show something is jammed with GT7 FFB, I do not have any issues with other games FFB
I will try your workaround until we will have a fix for this bug and I let you know

Thanks but this is odd, and definitively show something is jammed with GT7 FFB, I do not have any issues with other games FFB
I will try your workaround until we will have a fix for this bug and I let you know
It seems he has an older edition of the t300rs? where one side of the switch is Ps4 and the other being ps3+PC. Mine has ps4/ps5 - PC (no ps3) and is possibly the reason why I cannot get Ps5 to detect my Wheel when in PC (green light) mode. Also I've heard online that the t300 has inbuilt memory that saves the PC thrustmaster control panel settings (thus saving settings for console use), but after testing I don't believe that is true either.

Im using it now and its made gran turismo come to life! been testing all night and when i switch back to PS4 mode it seems like its on 'controller mode'. Try PS3/ PC people its like a whole new game for me. Easy to test turn too hard into a corner and on ps4 mode u will 'scrub' and it will vibrate like on controller. For me its gone on PC mode.
True, thx for this

It's far better in ps3/pc mode. The weird rumble is gone. In fact, even GT SPORT is acting the same way, I need to test it more than GT7 but the rumble is gone too in it.

Regarding GT7, what are your settings in game ? I have FFB at 4 and find a bit strong and at 3 a bit weak ? Do you know If can tweak it in pc config panel and apply to PS4 after ?

It seems he has an older edition of the t300rs? where one side of the switch is Ps4 and the other being ps3+PC. Mine has ps4/ps5 - PC (no ps3) and is possibly the reason why I cannot get Ps5 to detect my Wheel when in PC (green light) mode. Also I've heard online that the t300 has inbuilt memory that saves the PC thrustmaster control panel settings (thus saving settings for console use), but after testing I don't believe that is true either.
Make sure u press the PS button on your T300 when ur playstation boots up and asks you to choose a user after you change modes.

True, thx for this

It's far better in ps3/pc mode. The weird rumble is gone. In fact, even GT SPORT is acting the same way, I need to test it more than GT7 but the rumble is gone too in it.

Regarding GT7, what are your settings in game ? I have FFB at 4 and find a bit strong and at 3 a bit weak ? Do you know If can tweak it in pc config panel and apply to PS4 after ?
I wish! I made a post recently asking for a lvl 1-100 slider would be soo useful! my ingame settings are 3-4 - sens 1. yes its either too light or too heavy. Im loving this FFB tho seems I played the whole game up til now with dodgy FFB.

I noticed this weird rumble started when I realised I was playing on PS4 with PC/PS3 mode enabled on my T300rs, switched to PS4 mode and that rumbled appeared when losing grip. Now U mentioned this I tried swithching back to PC mode and its definitely much better FFB on PC mode! No artificial rumble and seems to be a lot more FFB in the centre. Im guessing because BOOST mode is enable on the PC firmware so exactly what I've been looking for! Try switching modes see if you can feel the difference
That rumble you're talking about, is that only when experiencing understeer? If so, that's not a bug, that's programmed into the game for some reason.

That rumble you're talking about, is that only when experiencing understeer? If so, that's not a bug, that's programmed into the game for some reason.
oversteer aswell. It feels atrificial because when FFB scale set to 1 u can feel that rumble and it feels like lvl 10

oversteer aswell. It feels atrificial because when FFB scale set to 1 u can feel that rumble and it feels like lvl 10
Hmm I don't have that. Did you also have this before update 1.13? And do you have the latest firmware installed?

I remembered that I liked the Viper GTS at the trial mountain cup because of the obvious way you could feel the weight of the car shifting. That weight shifting feeling is largely gone. And so is the fun of driving in this game.

The king

I don’t notice any difference since the update. The RWD snap oversteer is less but still occurs.

Here’s my driving stats since launch.

Attachments

• 8BADD33F-8DD3-445D-9BD9-DFA529F42BE8.jpeg
    8BADD33F-8DD3-445D-9BD9-DFA529F42BE8.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 25D52EC7-5699-4E24-AAEC-530354F19E3B.jpeg
    25D52EC7-5699-4E24-AAEC-530354F19E3B.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 42
Aside from the physics change, what happened here? It feels flat and like a bit of continuous resistance when steering, like in GT Sport. Not nuanced anymore at all, like before 1.13.

Do more people with a T300 have this?
I have T300 and did not see any change or issues after patch 1.13. Did you update the wheel with last SW?

So changing to PC-mode makes the wheel behave much better on PS5?

I have an issue with mine from time to time that there's 0 resistance in steering, I have to unplug the wheel then to fix it :confused:

So changing to PC-mode makes the wheel behave much better on PS5?

I have an issue with mine from time to time that there's 0 resistance in steering, I have to unplug the wheel then to fix it :confused:
For me it is back to normal now that I updated the wheel to the latest firmware. I’m using the ps4 mode on ps5, no need to switch it.

For me it is back to normal now that I updated the wheel to the latest firmware. I’m using the ps4 mode on ps5, no need to switch it.
mine is up to date as well, but there is a huge gap in feeling between before and after the update
I wait for a patch

Why PS4 mode and not PS5 mode?
Do you think PS4 is better?
The only difference is the slider name on the older wheels ans the new ones
on the old wheel you got PS4 / PS3 (the right equal PC mode)
on the news models the hardware is the same you just got PS4-PS5 / PC slider name that change

Check the picture, the colors to be sure you are in the right mode and check your firmware is the latest V34 otherwise you can get it here https://support.thrustmaster.com/fr/product/t300rs-fr/

1651494038318.png

Attachments

• 1651494025754.png
    1651494025754.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 22
The only difference is the slider name on the older wheels ans the new ones
on the old wheel you got PS4 / PS3 (the right equal PC mode)
on the news models the hardware is the same you just got PS4-PS5 / PC slider name that change

Check the picture, the colors to be sure you are in the right mode and check your firmware is the latest V34 otherwise you can get it here https://support.thrustmaster.com/fr/product/t300rs-fr/

View attachment 1145474
My T300 is also the old model, and the light is red.
I still thought you could change between PS4 and PS5 mode if you got firmware 34?
I will try later to change between PS5 ( red ) and PS4 ( orange ).

It’s a 2017 steering wheel, it only has ps3 and ps4 modes. The ps5 is designed in a way that some older wheels are still compatible, thankfully.
My wheel is the same model.
You wrote PS4 mode on a PS5, so your light is orange?

Back