Thrustmaster T598 Direct Axial Drive Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 72 comments
Anything else you guys would like to see covered in a review? Assuming we were to review it, of course... :D
Is 5nm enough, comparison to tgt2, dd pro, maybe test with different (heavier) thrustmaster wheel rim as then 5nm could be too little

snc
Is 5nm enough, comparison to tgt2, dd pro, maybe test with different (heavier) thrustmaster wheel rim as then 5nm could be too little
And how does the 10nm (or so) overshoot Thustmaster advertizes compare to a 10nm holding torque wheel - I would be curious about ...

Also - the proof in the pudding that is yet to come - Logitechs true force VS Fanatecs FullForce (which is still no where to be seen, and a pretty bad look for PD & Fanatec that this is not a thing, nearly a year after release of the 'official' GT7 wheel...) VS Thrust masters Harmony (or whatever it was called).

Last edited:
Anything else you guys would like to see covered in a review? Assuming we were to review it, of course... :D
As this seems to be an budget friendly, entry-level DD, dunno if some of the bigger content creators that use high-end DDs will be putting much attention to this.
But at this point, any review on general impressions would be appreciated! The feeling of the DD, the size of the base, the heat generated from the base and cooling needs (I don't think there's a fan and I live in a warm environment), Thrustmaster's new DD tech, as well as these Raceline pedals (which seem to be a bit of an unknown at this point).

As a T300RS user looking to get into the DD world at a reasonable price, this seems to be right up my alley!

Keep updating loads of websites to see any reviews, Came across this. He seems mightily impressed with it. Bit gutted now i missed the UK pre-orders.

They said the wheel will be available in their usual retailers. I'm guessing they took advantage of the pre-orders and will have stock available in retailers to help them market the product. Meaning, you will most likely be able to buy it when it's released anyway.

The price really is a head scratcher, the wheel, base/motor and pedal set are like $100CDN more than used Fanatec DD GT Pro base alone, with no warranty. That's wild.

Last edited:
Using automated english translation he puts t598 far above t300, but also above tgt2 and dd pro 5nm. DD Pro 8nm, dd extreme, logitech g pro etc in other league but also in different price range.

Back