Time of day on tracks with fixed time

• Thread starter shirakawaa
  • 29 comments

shirakawaa

Premium

GTP_shirakawaa
Ever wondered what time is it on tracks that have a fixed time in GT5 (= not marked as "Change Time") ? Here's a list compiled using data available in-game in the online track selection screen:

Ordered by Track Name
16:30 Autodromo Nazionale Monza
12:30 Autumn Ring
14:30 Cape Ring
11:30 Chamonix
12:50 Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
11:40 Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
15:40 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
10:40 Circuito de Madrid
10:00 Cote d'Azur
13:00 Daytona
11:00 Deep Forest Raceway
09:40 Eiger Nordwand
16:00 Fuji Speedway
11:10 Grand Valley
16:10 High Speed Ring
15:40 Indianapolis
22:00 Kart Space
13:30 Laguna Seca Raceway
14:10 London
12:00 Mt. Aso
08:00 Nuerburgring
16:30 Rome
21:40 Special Stage Route 5
02:10 Special Stage Route 7
10:30 Suzuka Circuit
12:10 The Top Gear Test Track
09:00 Tokyo R246
15:40 Trial Mountain Circuit
15:30 Tsukuba Circuit
Ordered by Time
02:10 Special Stage Route 7
08:00 Nuerburgring
09:00 Tokyo R246
09:40 Eiger Nordwand
10:00 Cote d'Azur
10:30 Suzuka Circuit
10:40 Circuito de Madrid
11:00 Deep Forest Raceway
11:10 Grand Valley
11:30 Chamonix
11:40 Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
12:00 Mt. Aso
12:10 The Top Gear Test Track
12:30 Autumn Ring
12:50 Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
13:00 Daytona
13:30 Laguna Seca Raceway
14:10 London
14:30 Cape Ring
15:30 Tsukuba Circuit
15:40 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
15:40 Indianapolis
15:40 Trial Mountain Circuit
16:00 Fuji Speedway
16:10 High Speed Ring
16:30 Autodromo Nazionale Monza
16:30 Rome
21:40 Special Stage Route 5
22:00 Kart Space
All track variations except La Sarthe (I guess that 2005 and 2009 count as different tracks, at least in-game) share the same time of day, by the way.

Good work my friend. I've wondered what time of the day it was on certain tracks.

Question, how did you make this list? How does one determine the time for Kart Space, its indoors lol.

Question, how did you make this list? How does one determine the time for Kart Space, its indoors lol.
After creating an online room, in the track options screen the slider for changing the track time is grayed off on those with a fixed time, but it still shows a different time of day for each of them, consistently with the actual lighting conditions.

Some tracks appear to be set in summer (Rome and Toscana, although the latter has changing time conditions); SSRX appears to be either set in deep winter and/or located at high latitudes, so I'm wondering if in addition to the time PD couldn't also offer in GT6 also julian day selection (day of the year), which could have an effect on weather.

Last edited:
I always love SHIRAKAWA post. I am glad for this information. It will be very useful for my league PGTR.

After creating an online room, in the track options screen the slider for changing the track time is grayed off on those with a fixed time, but it still shows a different time of day for each of them, consistently with the actual lighting conditions.

Some tracks appear to be set in summer (Rome and Toscana, although the latter has changing time conditions); SSRX appears to be either set in deep winter and/or located at high latitudes, so I'm wondering if in addition to the time PD couldn't also offer in GT6 also julian day selection (day of the year), which could have an effect on weather.

I'm even more impressed now. I must have taken a while to go through each track and record the times. Like I said before, good work, we need more posts like these.

I'm even more impressed now. I must have taken a while to go through each track and record the times. Like I said before, good work, we need more posts like these.
It was actually faster than I thought: you don't need to load a track by pressing OK, the time shown gets updated as soon as you select a new one in the list.

Under the video click the "Share" button. Copy the link and paste it in the youtube tags. Then delete everything in front of the / symbol.

http://youtu.be/QujUj5nQV7U <- you want just the code after the / symbol.

[youtube.]QujUj5nQV7U[/youtube.] Like this, minus the periods.

We need time change on all tracks. Early morning laps at Laguna Seca would be epic.

I think, they are ready for it, but it takes too much time to code it on all tracks (with weather too).
At least in online lobby, the grey fields in time and weather in track options lead me to this opinion

I love taking a car to the Nurburgring, set the time for 5:00am with a change of ~3 and doing a lap or two with no HUD on the screen while the sun comes up. Just....:drool:

I want to do that on all tracks. The city courses with all the buildings lit up would be something else.

Even if they can't model complete time changes for city courses (due to shadows dynamically changing, etc), they could at least add "Night" versions, like they did for the "Special Stage" tracks.

I love taking a car to the Nurburgring, set the time for 5:00am with a change of ~3 and doing a lap or two with no HUD on the screen while the sun comes up. Just....:drool:

I want to do that on all tracks. The city courses with all the buildings lit up would be something else.
R1600 I do that all the time bro it's priceless. 👍

Even if they can't model complete time changes for city courses (due to shadows dynamically changing, etc), they could at least add "Night" versions, like they did for the "Special Stage" tracks.

I agree 100% and i have a feeling this will be the case in the future.

Good work! I'd noticed that SSRX had an unusually short daytime, unlike the Nürburgring, for example.

It'll be interesting to see how PD evolve this system.

I was doing it the wrong way. I took my Nissan Leaf for a tour on evey single track to see what time the clock in its instrument panel displayed.

The clock in the Premium FC RX-7 follows in-game time on time changing tracks. I watched it tick away as I did a lap of the Nurburgring last night.

R1600Turbo

I also do it as well. :D

Try doing it with the time at 19:50-21:00 when the sun sets. :drool: Just beautiful.

SHIRAKAWA Akira

Which is a good concept if PD can't do the full time change for each tracks. By the way, excellent thread Akira. 👍

R1600Turbo
The clock in the Premium FC RX-7 follows in-game time on time changing tracks. I watched it tick away as I did a lap of the Nurburgring last night.

I think that's true for a couple of cars. I notice it from time to time but forget to take note.

It's really sad Spa has no time change.

The fact that Spa hasn't got it indicates to me that they're thinking of changing the way it works, either graphically or just generally (or both). Obviously that's pretty vague, but I doubt they're going to drop the functionality altogether.

Ever wondered what time is it on tracks that have a fixed time in GT5 (= not marked as "Change Time") ? Here's a list compiled using data available in-game in the online track selection screen:
[/B]All track variations except La Sarthe (I guess that 2005 and 2009 count as different tracks, at least in-game) share the same time of day, by the way.

Nice. I have wondered about that at times.

This is pretty much how I set up my practice sessions and races there. 👍

Back