ADAC RAVENOL 24h Nürburgring

• Thread starter zjn
  • 303 comments
I'm just grateful that the fog didn't hit yesterday... I'm in Nürburg right now and visibility is still down to about 50 yards...

@Famine
20240602_111529.jpg
Has some booth worker been grinding at Daytona with a Honda Beat for days before the N24? :lol: I want this to be a rhetorical question but at the same time I'm genuinely curious how.

Information from the race management:
The 10-minute sign will be shown at 1:20 p.m. Five formation laps will then begin at 1:30 p.m. This means that at least all drivers have the opportunity to complete the minimum number of laps. If it clears up during these five laps, the race will then be allowed to begin. Otherwise, the race will be waved off.

I assume this delay is due to the medical helicopter being grounded?
No, not F1. Main reason is if two marshallposts can't see each other you can't continue since most don't have radio communication and flags are thrown thru visual contact.

No, not F1. Main reason is if two marshallposts can't see each other you can't continue since most don't have radio communication and flags are thrown thru visual contact.
Yeah the visibility looks like its less than 1/2 mile on the TV feeds I'm seeing.

During the five formation laps, the teams are allowed to change drivers. This would be the case, for example, if not all drivers have completed the required two compulsory laps. However, the vehicle must then line up at the end of the starting group. If the team does not want to come in for the driver change, the driver in question must be deregistered by 2 p.m.

During the five formation laps, the teams are allowed to change drivers. This would be the case, for example, if not all drivers have completed the required two compulsory laps. However, the vehicle must then line up at the end of the starting group. If the team does not want to come in for the driver change, the driver in question must be deregistered by 2 p.m.
Well that sucks.Sounds unfair

I can't believe that they seriously removed the Nordschleife permit from the Cayman driver, that crashed into Sheldon van der Linde, for causing the crash. If that's already enough, how is half the GT3 field not banned, considering how many they've taken out in the past while lapping?

I can't believe that they seriously removed the Nordschleife permit from the Cayman driver, that crashed into Sheldon van der Linde, for causing the crash. If that's already enough, how is half the GT3 field not banned, considering how many they've taken out in the past while lapping?
Well, the Nurburgring permit is issued over and above a suitable racing license, perhaps she's accrued too many points on that license and now doesn't qualify for the permit. Just a guess. We haven't seen the incident from a suitable angle to judge how silly a move it was, but from what commentary were saying the 1-er went end over end, so it must have been pretty substantial.

..amazingly friendly and hospitable - they not only gave me several beers, but also fed me with a plateful of freshly BBQ'd bratwurst, and a pasta side - at 1am

Really sorry that the Fog has torpedoed most of the on track action, but I'm really glad my experience as a lone Brit at the 'ring was not a one off, and that the people were as friendly as I remember.

How much does tickets cost for the weekend, usually? And where did you stay when not on the track?
I drove from the UK, so the wristband for the week was the cheapest part, ~70€.

I camped opposite the GP circuit, large campsites so it was still a 20 min walk into the circuit, IIRC that cost about 75€.

For 4-5 days at the circuit with free paddock access prior to the race it's fantastic value. Most expensive part for me was writing my car off in France on the way back....

1717333138335.png

Do it. Best endurance race there is.

edit: helps when the weather is good!

1717333194289.png

Last edited:
Doesn't sound too expensive if one goes with camping. But I have to count in either plane tickets and rental car, or ferry ride and gasoline/toll if I use my own car.

EDIT:

Class leaders after the end of the race (subject to technical follow-up checks):
AT2: #320 Halder / Smudo / Bollerslev / von Löwis of Menar (Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992))
AT3: #50 Leuchter / Kristoffersson / Hammel / Otto (VW Golf GTI Clubsport 24h)(Best Alternative Fuel Participant)
M240i: #650 Markert / Mijatovic / Stahlschmidt / Deißler (BMW M240i Racing Cup)
Cup2: #103 Kaya / Piana / Scheerbarth / Stursberg (Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992))(Best Cup Vehicle)
Cup3: #959 Eichenberg / Grosse / Grütter (Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport (Type 982))
SP10: #188 Oosten / Wüstenhagen / Hancke / Stegmann (BMW M4 GT4 (G82))
SP11: #55 Hofer / Gebhardt / Vettel / Dörr (KTM X-Bow GT2)
SP3: #275 Müller / Groth / Becker (BMW 318ti (E36))
SP3T: #317 Cooper / Fischer / Kragenings / Sauerbrei (MINI John Cooper Works Pro )
SP4: #152 Oepen / Launhardt / Köppert (BMW 325CI)
SP4T: #88 van Dam / Schrick / Sasaki / Kubo (Subaru WRX )
SP6: #207 Kroll / Prinz / Prinz / Mühlenz (BMW M3 CSL (E46))
SP7: #80 Neuffer / Sacchi / Ruhrmann / Knötschke (Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport (Type 982))
SP8T: #145 Glock / Scheider / Bleekemolen / Cate (BMW M4 GT4 (G82))
SP9: #16 Stippler / Mies / Feller / Marschall (Audi R8 LMS GT3 evo II)
SP-X: #706 Mutsch / Mailleux / Arnold / Ledogar (SCG 004c)
TCR: #831 Gottsacker / Filippi / Wilkins / Morris (Hyundai Elantra TCR)(Best front-wheel drive)
V4: #711 Müller / Müller / Hausmeier / Fischer (BMW 325i)
V5: #444 Korn / Korn / Korn / Faßbender (Porsche Cayman CM12)
V6: #416 Rings / Schaflitzl / Schambony / Munhowen (Porsche 911 Carrera)(Best production vehicle)
VT2-Front: #495 Füting / Jung / Robertz / Unland (Cupra Leon KL )
VT2-Rear: #504 Ooms / Theiß / Baar / Seki (BMW 330i)
VT3: #599 Van Vooren / Schönfelder / ter Haar / Wirtz (BMW 335i)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back