ADAC RAVENOL 24h Nürburgring

• Thread starter zjn
  • 303 comments
Looking at the forecasted dew point they might not even restart the race. It is at 17 degrees for tomorrow, which is a good indication at which temperature the fog starts to disappear.
No restart at all? Or restart mid day tomorrow?

Last edited:
Dog Morning GIF

PIT EXIT GOES GREEN 9.30! We might get a sprint race after all. :dopey:

EDIT: Information from the race management: The fog in the Grand Prix circuit area means that the teams can at least drive to the starting grid. The pit lane lights will be switched to green at 9:30 a.m. The next information on how to proceed will also follow at 9:30 a.m.

Last edited:
Pity about the fog, though it took most people about half an hour to notice that the race had stopped :lol:

I spent the latter part of the evening with these guys...

20240602_020340.jpg

..amazingly friendly and hospitable - they not only gave me several beers, but also fed me with a plateful of freshly BBQ'd bratwurst, and a pasta side - at 1am!

These probably didn't help much though...

20240601_222922.jpg

.. and yet, even at 2.30 am as I staggered back to my hotel, I found Bugatti's top secret environmentally friendly prototype...
20240602_021620.jpg

It's just turning 9.30am here now, and I'm going back to the circuit for one last time. I woke up about 5 am with my backpack still on my back :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Current standing is 1 lap before the race was red flagged, AUDI is in the lead.
All repairs/work on the cars are allowed, they can in principle be built up from new.

EDIT:
Mercedes driver wants to start the race under CODE 120(km) mostly to get the cars on track for the fans i guess..

Last edited:
Current standing is 1 lap before the race was red flagged, AUDI is in the lead.
All repairs/work on the cars are allowed, they can in principle be built up from new.
So that means that we might see #99 BMW back on the grid, even if it's several laps down from the leaders. :odd:

Still looks pretty foggy on the starting grid.

Was the damage just too severe on the #99 Rowe BMW to try and fix it during this downtime?

Starting grid, starting group 1 (Top10)
#16 Stippler / Mies / Feller / Marschall (Audi R8 LMS GT3 evo II)
#911 Vanthoor / Preining / Estre / Güven (Porsche 911 GT3 R (992))
#72 Harper / Hesse / Weerts (BMW M4 GT3)
#4 Stolz / Götz / Juncadella Perez-Sala / Maini (Mercedes-AMG GT3)
#27 Van der Linde / Mapelli / Pepper (Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO2)
#1 Fernandez Laser / Keilwitz / Ludwig / Varrone (Ferrari 296 GT3)
#3 Beretta / Bird / Owega / Maini (Mercedes-AMG GT3)
#98 Marciello / Martin / Wittmann / Farfus (BMW M4 GT3)
#33 Andlauer / Bachler / Müller / Picariello (Porsche 911 GT3 R (992))
#44 Eriksson / Heinemann / Menzel / Ragginger (Porsche 911 GT3 R (992))

I'm on the bus at Hatzenbach and the fog is still very bad, and it's pretty cold too - hope to see some racing but wouldn't be surprised if it stays red for a while...

Information from the race management: There is still no significant improvement in visibility on the Grand Prix circuit. Further information on how to proceed will be provided at 12:00. The race will definitely end at 16:00.

Back