ADAC RAVENOL 24h Nürburgring

• Thread starter zjn
  • 303 comments
I know the onboard cam isn't doing the lighting justice, though it may be dark, there is no way I could drive Nurb at night in pitch black like this.

I would have crashed into another country by now. :lol:
The thing that would sketch me out would be driving one of the lower-class cars like the TCRs or BMW 235is, and having to watch out for GT3 and 4 cars while also not losing speed.

The thing that would sketch me out would be driving one of the lower-class cars like the TCRs or BMW 235is, and having to watch out for GT3 and 4 cars while also not losing speed.
Seriously. It has to be stressful constantly being flashed at, all the while making sure you don't go upside the ass-end of the car in front of you.

Damn. i went to hospital for a few hours and everything goes to pot.

Watching Harpers on-board. Are they still trying to fix the barrier from the 99 crash ?

I was wondering why both the onboard feeds I was watching stopped.

I should really be watching a commentated stream. :lol:

I know the onboard cam isn't doing the lighting justice, though it may be dark, there is no way I could drive Nurb at night in pitch black like this.

I would have crashed into another country by now. :lol:
I thought GT7 headlights were too weak and the Nordschleife in the game was too dark but nope.It's scary dark at the green hell and the fog is the silent hill cherry on the top

I think they made a mistake, Jimmy isn't in GT3?
IMG_20240601_183754.jpg

Last edited:
The sheer idiocy in the stream chat is too much for me.
The GP track is completely covered by fog and you seriously have people watching onboards from the Nordschleife and be like "WHERE'S THE FOG WHY RED FLAG!!!!!?!" :banghead:
big stream chats... not even once 🙅‍♂️

Can anyone suggest a free svg converter website? I'm doing stickers in the sparetime and I just ran out of time on convertio.co.

Made few decals with ms paint and the convertio removed the white background when converting them, but some other websites didn't and I don't know if/or how I can make the white part transparent in the ms paint.

So new to this race, why are we waiting 7 hours for an update from race control on the weather? Is it really not predicted to change in that time?

So new to this race, why are we waiting 7 hours for an update from race control on the weather? Is it really not predicted to change in that time?
So it seems. It's the same as Spa, weather is unpredictable and changes abruptly in different parts of the track. One year we got a hailstorm that turned the track undrivable at some parts.

From the forecast I saw it's blanket fog/mist until the sun arrives to burn it off, once it starts seeping into the Nordschleife it's pretty much guaranteed to stay stuck in there.

2021 was pretty much the same, that occasion they dangled the carrot by waiting a couple hours to see if it would improve before ultimately shelving any talk of a restart before daylight, this time they were very quick about nipping that in the bud.

Last edited:
I went away for a couple of hours and now the Speed Sport on Amazon is not working. Instead of going to the race it goes to recorded Speed Sport shows. Anyone else having that issue?

There is enough experience that the fog around the track won't clear before the morning. Not the first time, we had it 2021 and 2020 too. No sense doing hourly updates keeping people awake. 2021 it was restarted at 11.59 AM, 2020 at 8 AM so expect something between.

I went away for a couple of hours and now the Speed Sport on Amazon is not working. Instead of going to the race it goes to recorded Speed Sport shows. Anyone else having that issue?
The race was redf flagged due to fog, so there is nothing to show. Next info comes in roughly 6 hours.

Last edited:
Looking at the forecasted dew point they might not even restart the race. It is at 17 degrees for tomorrow, which is a good indication at which temperature the fog starts to disappear.

If it was primarily just on the GP track, I’m surprised they wouldn’t just run pit-limiter/no passing for that section

But it’s probably scattered throughout the circuit. The forest has a way of keeping the humidity and the fog in. I mean… Stephen King has written books about it.

Back