Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,623 comments
This is an achievement of sorts as I've never fared so high up in the order. I can still improve more if I can nail the last left hander to perfection. I was able to best my previous best of 1:01:777 by about 5 tenths to 1:01:223 which is a shocker for myself.

20240810_190937.jpg

In my first sitting, improved by 6 hundredths to 1:01:717 (from 1:01:777 yesterday). I took a break & viewed a few replays of the top time drivers as I was struggling in the last long left hander turn as I find it too tricky to get a perfect line with my DS4. I decided to load the number 1 ranked driver's ghost for reference.

Tried to mimic his lines & I found about 2 tenths in the 2nd & 3rd sectors each which made the big difference.

20240810_190855.jpg

I'm ecstatic to say the least as I thought I can't improve much more. It really does help to load a ghost of a faster driver to get the necessary boost of inspiration.

When you have the time - do a test, BAC Mono, stock, try it with and without CSA(s), it's actually in the weekly challenges as a special event. For me personally, completely undrivable car with all the assists off, it's like it has something broken in the suspension or somewhere, spinning if you even try to touch the fast pedal, but with CSA, it's such a joy to drive, comfy and pleasant, with just a right amount of countersteering needed, but I had 0 spins or critical situations in the Brands Hatch race.
This game is so strange now. So many of our experiences vary so widely.

I did the BAC event yesterday, and as always ran with no assists/ABS weak, and found the Mono to be really boring and sedate. I never once had any issues with oversteer, just plenty of understeer. Ultimately I find it too easy to drive... the opposite of what you experience. Definitely don't notice anything unusual about the suspension or its behavior.

Annoyingly, the AI understeered like crazy and would push all the way out to the far edges of corners, but then they would sharply cut back across the entire track which made avoiding them very difficult. Getting the clean race bonus was tough in this one.

But the BAC was generally just flat feeling with little feedback and no excitement at all. It's an ultra-light, open wheeled, track-focused rocket and in the game it's one of the more banal things to drive.

I've never turned on CSA once... but I do wonder how it effects things. Many people in here are using it to find pace, but I've always prided myself on doing everything with no assists. I think I'm going to do a session with a few cars and see how CSA changes how the wheel reacts to oversteer, but I'll probably still never turn it on in competition.

New round at HSR because I felt I could do better than 1:01.877.
My weakness is clearly the final banking that ruins all my efforts made on the 2 first sectors.

S1: 24.1xx to 24.3xx
S2: 20.0xx to 20.2xx
S3: 17.7xx to much more...

So, I've decided to work mostly on the final sector, to understand where and why I'm losing so much time. I had a (very) long session with many red laps but it was also formattive.
Now, I'm braking a bit earlier before the banking, let the car flow until the marshall "house" while keeping it as high as possible in the curve. And then, I press max gas till the end.
This is not yet perfect at 100% (I would say 2/3 are still red) but when the car is on a good line, the final sector downs to 17.5xx. I guess this is the solution I was looking for, as it works better for me this way.

And finally, I've scored another good improvement (-0.2 sec):

1723314446928.png

S1: 24.251
S2: 20.095
S3: 17.329 <-- :sly:

Optimal is in 1:01.5xx now.

This isn't my bday gift but I'm still very happy with these better score and ranking.

Happy lapping, friends!

Last edited:
Hit a 1:03.6xx yesterday. Will have to go back and look at some videos because I figured out I'm losing time at the left hander just before the tunnel.

So close to silver. will try again this weekend.
Well I'm stuck in the 1'04.000's at HSR. I'm grinding the WTC 800 races at Sardegna so I can actually buy that Porsche legend car, not that it won't wave a magic wand in making it easier to obtain gold. It all lies in to how much a person puts the amount of work in the session. I'm losing time at that area too, (right after I cross the bridge(Sector 2).

I brake extra hard so I don't risk hitting the wall and invalidating my lap. The last part before finish can be tricky too, there's a trick where if you time it right and stay close to the rail at the right you can trace a line leaning towards the left as you go further which will give you a strong exit speed straight to the finish. I'll have to post a video later so you guys understand what I meant.

Last edited:
there's a trick where if you time it right and stay close to the rail at the right you can trace a line leaning towards the left as you go further which will give you a strong exit speed straight to the finish. I'll have to post a video later so you guys understand what I meant.
What you mean is "For the exit, you go lower so you can accelerate without worrying about the rail".

New TT has been released early.View attachment 1379958
Wow, another Bathhurst one. Thanks PD, now we can do practice laps ahead of time to get a strong advantage over most players. That Clio is 25 years old almost, so it'll probably be slow as a snail. Who will be the king of the mountain this time? It won't be me.

@zjn I think you'll do great, just watch that brutal downhill section, it's a killer!

This will be hard.:grumpy:
I'll take a hard TT any day over High Speed Ring...

Speaking of, I was about to cross the line with a 1:01.6/7, but slowed down on purpose to get as close to the gold cut-off as possible. I'm not expecting big improvements anymore, so that might just be me done...

I must admit, I haven't fallen as deep as with the LM55...likely due to this being a nightmare to drive. :lol:

PD finally fixed the page issue on the website for the leaderboard!

Last edited:
53915473769_beaf788fa3_o.jpg

I just can't stay away from this game. I mean Forza Horizon 5 is great and it's a lot of fun but the community for it on this site is small, so there isn't a whole lot of discussion. This is not the case here, and I want to make sure that I'm a part of all the shenanigans because it makes my life a bit more fun.

I just bought the legendary Porsche car for 1M, I grinded up 4M credits doing 5-6 WTC 800 Sardegna races, it was a chore, 75 laps but it was worth it. Now I'm ready to take on HSR in my new ride. I'm thinking of a cool popular livery for it.

@ScottPuss20 I haven't even tried Forza 5, I gotta figure out that trick at the end to get a strong exit to the finish, it's doable but 75% of the time I hit the rails, the rented car isn't working out.

Also the Sector before the tunnel can be a time-killer in reality.

Last edited:
First go in the Honda at Spa (in the very over-17 group)… front tire model takes a little getting used to - it’s like the sidewall gives up if you push it too much and the tire just folds over. Definitely a sub 2:30 in there which will be the goal in the next session
1723351691608.jpeg

So one turn and a straight... 😂
Yeah, and the part after that. The goal is to get through the section as quick as possible without even scraping the walls. Even the sharp left turn before the finish can be a lap-killer depending on how fast you drive the car. It's all about how you time the braking and cornering/turning through each section of the course.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back