Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,874 comments
Nice!! The hardest part will be deciding which of my many 917 LL liveries to use for this one!
20829675856981603.jpg
20829346963341834.jpg

Amongst many others... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I jumped onto the game last night to try out the Trial Mountain Reverse TT in the 30 mins I had before dinner. It took 4 laps but I got silver fairly easily and I actually really enjoyed driving the car. I could probably shave a few seconds off this time with a few more laps, even without a guide.

View attachment 1379510

I then tried my hand at the High Speed Ring in the Porsche and after 5 laps I managed to get into the silver times. I could definitely shave off maybe half a second just by nailing the 2nd turn but the car feels like it's being pulled towards the walls by a magnet sometimes, I swear. I think I'm happy to stick with this time unless it drops into the bronze category.

View attachment 1379519

I switched the game off for the evening but realised before bed that I hadn't reached my daily mileage so jumped back on and had a go at the Honda eMS at Spa. I love Spa so it was no surprise that after 3 laps I'd just about reached the silver times however this is definitely one I'll revisit to improve over the new few weeks.

View attachment 1379520
Your nice score at Trial Mountain could motivate me to test this TT with the Rampage.
I'm not a big fan of those kind of cars but we are supposed to drive and race with all the cars in the game.

If you need a human ghost to improve and secure your silver at High Speed Ring:

1723201613896.png

So does Jeddah not even bother to post a time in the "non-road car" TTs? :confused:
Apparently not, or he only chooses the TT's that he feels like doing, xD. I guess he's so super and great that it wouldn't hurt if he skipped a TT every now and then. That's my point of view on the subject.

Not that it really matters for me lol...when it comes to getting gold the difference between Jeddah and any of the other top 50 or so is the dust on a butterfly's wings! :lol:

Not that it really matters for me lol...when it comes to getting gold the difference between Jeddah and any of the other top 50 or so is the dust on a butterfly's wings! :lol:
:) Although actually, there is often a gap of more than a second between P1 and P50 (and I'm not talking about Le Mans or Nordschleife) - I think we can all agree that a second usually matters a lot when it comes to getting gold :D

Last edited:
:) Although actually, there is often a gap of more than a second between P1 and P50 (and I'm not talking about Le Mans or Nordschleife) - I think we can all agree that a second usually matters a lot when it comes to getting gold :D
haha yeah true enough. I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole... :D

Yeah, a second is a second, and knowing where to find that missing second is the challenge of the TT's. I think for many younger players indeed. You have to compare replays with yours or use a ghost slightly faster than you. If you beat it, you find an even more faster one, and repeat the pattern until you reach your desired time.

Last edited:
Yeah, a second is a second, and knowing where to find that missing second is the challenge of the TT's. I think for many younger players indeed. You have to compare replays with yours or use a ghost slightly faster than you. If you beat it, you find an even more faster one, and repeat the pattern until you reach your desired time.
You should take your own advice mate, it's good advice!

Your nice score at Trial Mountain could motivate me to test this TT with the Rampage.
I'm not a big fan of those kind of cars but we are supposed to drive and race with all the cars in the game.

If you need a human ghost to improve and secure your silver at High Speed Ring:

View attachment 1379574
Thanks, I will take a look at the replay! I only just realised that you can set the ghost to reset at each sector (apparently?) so I'll be trying that out later too.

I think the Rampage TT is one of my favourites, I really don't understand the hate for the car. Even on a pad it doesn't feel like too much of a handful. Although I will admit my fastest time was actually with the TCS set to 3.

Last edited:
Hi friends, very very quick update as I’m busy as errr heck today! Back at RBR and broke into the 1:36s… what a fun trial!! If I had time I think I could improve a lot more but really I’ve got to get stuck in to Trial Mountain as time is very very restricted this week!

IMG_8014.jpeg

IMG_8015.jpeg

Thanks, I will take a look at the replay! I only just realised that you can set the ghost to reset at each sector (apparently?) so I'll be trying that out later too.
Yes, you can set this parameter for the ghost, and it's super useful.
I think the Rampage TT is one of my favourites, I really don't understand the hate for the car. Even on a pad it doesn't feel like too much of a handful. Although I will admit my fastest time was actually with the TCS set to 3.
Ok Ok :lol: I'll give a try to this TT, even if I'm really not familiar with the reverse track, and with the car.

TCS and other assists are legal part of the game, there's no shame to use when needed. The point is to complet the lap as fast as possible. And very obviously, the Rampage needs TCS.
A LOT :sly:

...because orange is fastest!...
We should ban people who spread lies and fake news...

1723213594707.png

:lol:

Today I drove around 60+ laps on the HSR TT in M/T. I was able to beat my best time by about 1 & 1/2 tenths. My Optimum was about 1:01:4xx. The best thing about this TT is that even if the lap gets invalidated, it just takes about a minute to start a new lap. A real fun TT where grip is king.

20240809_195245.jpg

Hi friends, very very quick update as I’m busy as errr heck today! Back at RBR and broke into the 1:36s… what a fun trial!! If I had time I think I could improve a lot more but really I’ve got to get stuck in to Trial Mountain as time is very very restricted this week!

View attachment 1379620
View attachment 1379621
How are you doing mate, I went to therapy Tuesday for my follow-up, I'm doing great and trying to stay positive and keep my chin up. Eiger was a tough TT and my rank was in the 77,000th's. 77,846 to be exact. See I didn't really shortshift a lot which cost me a whole lot of time. So, what do you think of the HSR TT, I haven't tried it yet. I got sidetracked with doing other modes in the game so I didn't get to it.

Hopefully today I will.

@Pesselles Glen passed you? Maybe you get him back by getting a sub 1'01.500!

Hi,

Sort of off topic and sort of on...

@feral and bad @zjn...

If I understand correctly, and that is a very large IF, the angle is supposed to be such that you do not press with your foot/ankle. That is to say that the angle should be such that your foot contacts the pedal, but is just used to keep your leg straight, All of the force of your leg should be transmitted through your foot, but never initiated by your foot/ankle. The straighter you can get the relationship between leg and pedal, the less you are inclined to try to use your ankle/foot to increase breaking pressure, the more accurate and less likely to cause injury/pain to yourself. I am sure that someone who actually knows about these things can explain it better and fix my misconceptions. It is my understanding that this is why pedal inversion helps a lot of people.
I can confirm that inverted pedals do indeed make a huge difference. It took me a lonnnggggg time to get all these angles right and it is paying huge dividends now. The dimensions of the setup below are as near as I can get to the perfect angle (s). It's extremely comfortable and I now don't get any back ache or leg ache. I am, very very, pleased with it!

A "zero flex" rig with a comfy seat and inverted pedals...

IMG_3633.jpg

If anyone would like copies of the drawings for the inverted pedal plates - Please just message me. They are designed to drop onto a 500mm wide (580mm total - outside to outside) rig. Anyone with even half and idea about CAD would be able to adjust the hole centres and fold points.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

I was not looking forward to this TT but it's next on the schedule. I'm not very good at the Red Bull Ring or in the rain / on a wet track...:boggled:

Thanks to everyone here and @Tidgney ghost + video, I was able to sneak into gold. I needed Wets, TC and CSA to enter the land of Gold! I really hope this holds as I have to go on a Rampage now...:D

Gran Turismo® 7_20240809114841.jpg

It doesn't get any closer!!! 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Exiting Turn 2, accelerating into the tunnel as soon as possible and carrying your speed into the final corner are definitely the key points at High Speed Ring. I already knew I'll suffer in the last one as I just can't replicate the massive steering lock wheel users can put – it's literally impossible with the controller 😬

That being said, I realised that nailing the first two sectors is the only way to run a good lap this time. The photos below are pretty much the epitome of my overreacting opening statement. 😯

Sector 1 split – 23.752
191388c5f7025-screenshotUrl.jpg

Sector 2 split – 43.371 (you may need to up the brightness a bit here, my apologies)
191388c81486-screenshotUrl.jpg

A more than respectable final corner helped me achieve the lap of 1:00.408 😇 Currently in the top 10 but I really don't care where it'll stand when this ends. I can leave HSR being 100% satisfied!

Check the replay and ghost in-game for any help. 😊

Last edited:
Such a nice site this, and looking at my last coule of results, I can be quite happy, it seems that when I put in some effort, the results come :D Usually I just do one session and call it quits, I'm racing elsewhere, but ever since I purchased the VR2, I just had the urge to drive and drive, especially in time trials, and it obviously helped :D

Screenshot 2024-08-09 215650.jpg

Hi,

Sort of off topic and sort of on...

@feral and bad @zjn...

I can confirm that inverted pedals do indeed make a huge difference. It took me a lonnnggggg time to get all these angles right and it is paying huge dividends now. The dimensions of the setup below are as near as I can get to the perfect angle (s). It's extremely comfortable and I now don't get any back ache or leg ache. I am, very very, pleased with it!

A "zero flex" rig with a comfy seat and inverted pedals...

View attachment 1379646

If anyone would like copies of the drawings for the inverted pedal plates - Please just message me. They are designed to drop onto a 500mm wide (580mm total - outside to outside) rig. Anyone with even half and idea about CAD would be able to adjust the hole centres and fold points.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.
Wow, amazing and powerful setup man. I'm hoping to have something like that when I get older and my health stabilized to where I can move my feet quicker to press on the pedals.

Allright, I guess I'll work on some more of the RBR wet TT, it ends in 5-6 days so I need to get my arse moving and in gear. Time to break MT out full-fledge and shortshifting.

Latest Posts

Back