Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,908 comments
Wow, that's cool man, the coffee's instantly delivered to your address!
1000077201.gif

Anyways….

I’m back babeehhhh!!! What a trip, what a trip, what a trip. SO MANY TIME TRIALS to catch up on, I even missed one (sounds like I didn’t miss much!). Where to begin. Well I’ve tried almost all of them and my focus is really on the RA272 at Spa. Man that is a challenge, on the wheel there’s almost no feedback as to whether the front wheels are gripping or slipping; nor does it make any noise when the rear breaks traction so it’s all a bit trial and error. I put a lot of time and effort into crashing at Eau Rouge, which at some point made me nearly lose my mind.

Huge amount of time left on the table in this lap but it’s a start! Really cool that this trial popped up as I’ve literally just got back from Spa for real, having driven the track in my own car for the first time!

IMG_8504.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyways….

I’m back babeehhhh!!! What a trip, what a trip, what a trip. SO MANY TIME TRIALS to catch up on, I even missed one (sounds like I didn’t miss much!). Where to begin. Well I’ve tried almost all of them and my focus is really on the RA272 at Spa. Man that is a challenge, on the wheel there’s almost no feedback as to whether the front wheels are gripping or slipping; nor does it make any noise when the rear brakes traction so it’s all a bit trial and error. I put a lot of time and effort into crashing at Eau Rouge, which at some point made me nearly lose my mind.

Huge amount of time left on the table in this lap but it’s a start! Really cool that this trial popped up as I’ve literally just got back from Spa for real, having driven the track in my own car for the first time!

View attachment 1383498

Welcome back Dan, last time I saw you post was August 9th, it's been 2 weeks. Yeah the Spa one is hard for me too, I agree the wheels do slip and slide everytime I turn or take a corner which makes it hard for me to gain time. Hopefully you won't get overwhelmed too much as you're an expert at these. I see your time at Spa, 🔥

Did you get abducted, xD.

Cat Aliens GIF

I'm glad you're back with us and happy lapping this weekend. Also, the Laguna TT and the Suzuka Group 2 TT's may be hard for you some, so get prepared mate!

Last night’s session at Bathurst ended at a 2’30.568. There’s a little bit more in there but it’ll do. Not quite to my taste, this TT, I find the car too slow and weak. Bathurst always helps though, one of the best tracks in the game, for sure.

On to Laguna Seca. Enjoy the weekend, peeps.

@Vule, great times recently, especially here. I was wondering, did you get the game much later on or weren’t you around doing TT’s in the beginning? I noticed you only participated in 40.
19180d316ac82-screenshotUrl.png

01e59eb798f906e2defba7b6ed99cacf_photo.webp

Last edited:
@Vule, great times recently, especially here. I was wondering, did you get the game much later on or weren’t you around doing TT’s in the beginning? I noticed you only participated in 40.
Thanks!
Nope, I got the game at the very beginning when it came out, but at that point I was basically a rookie because I was not sim racing for a long long time (GT4 was the last one and it was just the offline fun mode).

Another thing - this is my second account which I started just for fun a while ago, after "finishing" the game on the first one, but update after update, I stopped using the first one completely and just focused on this one. That's why there is only around 40 TTs that I participated in.

And for the time trials - in most cases I just gold it and leave it, one evening session at most, didn't really care about the position or the maximum possible result, that's why my average position is like 1600th or something. But I got the VR2 recently and it ignited everything again, I have the desire to drive, so in the last couple of TTs I really gave it my best, and the positions show I think (35th at RBR wet, 50th at HSR with the 917, and finally P23 at the Mountain currently).

Sight pickup after a short session today. I think I could have had a 49.3 if not for a poor exit from the chicane on the prior lap which hurt the beginning of my lap and a rough final chicane on the fast lap itself, where I got a bit sideways coming out of it. It's a nice ride, but I still prefer the loosey goosey road cars.
IMG_3542.jpg

About 300 miles over 2 days, freaking brutal. FR Gr3 cars are one of the few instances that I usually use TCS 1. Gr2 and Gr3 cars, I usually pick MR, so traction usually isn't a problem. My experience is that using TCS increases understeer, so I finally had to turn it off. With this FR beast, that entails a lot more precise throttle input that I am used to. Accomplished, but exhausting.

There is no good news, now my choices are Suzuka where I always get beat up, or Spa with a 60 year old go kart.

IMG_20240823_191255382_HDR.jpg

Awesome times guys, @Dolph Drago and @feral and bad. I'm gonna go work my butt off at Laguna and Bathhurst. I've got to try to get a time in the 2'34.000's, I'll use that map you gave me of the track. Have fun y'all and have a good weekend. I probably should get a bigger TV, mine is a 32-inch. I prefer the middle, not too loose but not too tight, stable road cars. @Dolph Drago

I like that PD gave us a cool AMG car, it drives fairly well at Weathertech.

Last edited:
Previously I was ranting about how the Eiger TT was hard to beat after the 1.49 update. Forget that!

It took me long 10 very frustrating days to barely scratch the gold at Laguna Seca.
Wow, those aliens really fell on that event from all across the galaxy no less. For the last 4 days I was slowly shaving 0.1 sec a day from my best lap and I am still 2.3 seconds away from the top 1!
The magic they do around the corkscrew is still beyond me even though I'm abusing every curb and do a leap of faith across the hill every time.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240824010730.jpg

Also turns 6 (before the corkscrew), 10 and 11 (the last ones) are forcing me to hang on the last pixels of the curbs hoping that the racing gods will allow the inner wheels to hold within the limits. And I'm still losing tons of time on the exit!

I really hope that the 1.18* aliens will find some other things to focus on fo the rest 6 days.

Meanwhile, there are two new TTs I need to catch up on...

The Suzuka TT is definitely not the most interesting TT in recent weeks, but the NSX itself is really quick - like 12 seconds per lap faster than a Gr.3 on the same tyres quick which makes this TT a little bit more bearable.

Hit the ceiling quite quickly with this one (1/3 of the usual amount of time I spend on a TT) at 1:48.716. Probably not coming back unless this Gold is at risk.

image0-20.jpg

image1-5.jpg

Attachments

• image0 (20).jpeg
    image0 (20).jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image1 (5).jpeg
    image1 (5).jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I tried to improve my Clio lap this morning but was constantly at 33.0xx, pretty consistent but really annoying, the quickest was 32.8xx so still not near my PB.

Headed over to the AMG.... Should be called OMG, that thing really does not know what it wants to do from one lap to the next, I am 0.2 from a gold time but started to get really frustrated with it so gave up for now and decided to do some things I need to get done today.... one of those things may make me try again this afternoon 😉

Notice the carboard around the cables 🤣
1000011437.jpg

IMG_20240721_160329.jpg

1000011439.jpg

Hi guys (and others)

Some improvements this morningue at Suzuka International Racing Course.

S1: 30.567 - consistent since I've improved my exit of the 1st turn (+0.491)
S2: 18.525 - dunno if I was lucky or bravier but one of my best S2 (+0.598)
S3: 41.522 - very medium hairpin exit and a very medium Spoon. Lost 0.5 here (+1.261)
S4: 20.171 - Improved by -0.3 with a better line, and exit speed (+0.558)

(gap with Tidgney sectors - ping @zjn )

Very happy with these S1, S2, and S4. Unfortunately, this bad S3 prevents me from having a final score much lower than 2:50.5xx

1724498610279.png

Still 11 days to gain 0.7 on S3...

angry homer simpson GIF

Hi Folks ,
Before all the F1 hectic started again around the corner here and I'm eating sand due to the storm at Zandvoort again, I managed to squeeze in a lap this morning at Suzuka.

Messed up Spoon and the last chicane wasn't all that great on exit too but did had a tiny improvement.
Still figuring out how much downforce it actually has and im playing a bit with the steering sensitivity on the pad because it feels kind of too nerveouse on 10 ...

That said, not the greatest lap but def not the wordt either, still not my strongest point so happy with it 🤣

1000025016.jpg

Hi guys (and others)

Some improvements this morningue at Suzuka International Racing Course.

S1: 30.567 - consistent since I've improved my exit of the 1st turn (+0.491)
S2: 18.525 - dunno if I was lucky or bravier but one of my best S2 (+0.598)
S3: 41.522 - very medium hairpin exit and a very medium Spoon. Lost 0.5 here (+1.261)
S4: 20.171 - Improved by -0.3 with a better line, and exit speed (+0.558)

(gap with Tidgney sectors - ping @zjn )

Very happy with these S1, S2, and S4. Unfortunately, this bad S3 prevents me from having a final score much lower than 2:50.5xx

View attachment 1383625

Still 11 days to gain 0.7 on S3...

angry homer simpson GIF
You can do it my friend Daniel !!!!
This morning I tried in AT for the fun and I was able to do a time of 1'50'150 but with the manual transmission I was able to go below 1'50 (1'49'869).
As you will soon be able to use your GT DD Pro, you will have to start getting used to being in manual mode with the DS5. You will see you will save time in practically all sectors. Because with the GT DD Pro there is no question that you will not use the manual transmission
Good luck my friend

You can do it my friend Daniel !!!!
This morning I tried in AT for the fun and I was able to do a time of 1'50'150 but with the manual transmission I was able to go below 1'50 (1'49'869).
As you will soon be able to use your GT DD Pro, you will have to start getting used to being in manual mode with the DS5. You will see you will save time in practically all sectors. Because with the GT DD Pro there is no question that you will not use the manual transmission
Good luck my friend
Thanks my friend Jérôme, really appreciated ;) With patience and dedication, a low 1:50 should be doable in AT and I'll do my best to acheive it. It would a be -2.5 sec improvement on my PB in TT40 (Suzuka Gr.2 2023).

That's exactly the point: playing in MT mode with the wheel, because it will be much more intuitive to use the gearbox. I've tried MT on controller, it's "impossible" to change my habits.

We (the GT DD Pro and me) are waiting for the cockpit now 😁

Congrats for your 1:49, very impressive! :cheers:

Back