Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,912 comments
Noooooooooooo......moniccaaaaaaa 🤣🤣

1000025055.jpg

I think this was with the worst possible S1 running a lot on .1xx on S1....this was 30.4xx
S2 and S3 were descent though....

1000025054.jpg

Oohwell...... tomorrow another day 🙈🙈🤣🤣🤣

Hi,

@Chris30....

I'm taking most of the corners and turns too slow at Weathertech.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news here Chris - I fear you are taking ALL of the corners too slowly! That said: Please take some comfort from the fact that another 155,699 players ( At time of posting ) are doing exactly the same thing. In a variety of flavours though.

I have yet to have a crack at this one. My practice sessions are not going well. I have wrecked a lot of cars though.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

No improvement at Bathurst, im much more constant, around the same times, I'm a little bit better at tye cutter, but haven't found a way to put things togheter.

Speaking about potential vs actual at suzuka

1918b1db95899-screenshotUrl.jpg

Need to take a closer look at my lap vs tutorials, particularly for turn 1 and spoon.

This is where I kind of have a problem.

I always used to use the G29 with all of those settings on 10 maxed out, so now I can't adjust it any higher, it doesn't feel too bad though FFB wise but just wierd steering issues
I think there are different though about that.
G29 is definitely a weak device, someone prefers to expose the device to clipping, but having the most possible "volume" pf feedback, which is 10-10
Others prefere less clipping to not distort the feedback.

I'm a insensitive guy, so i go with 10-10.
I may be planning to take poetry, art and flower classes to see if i can get better and lower a bit the g29 settings.

Hi,

@Chris30....

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here Chris - I fear you are taking ALL of the corners too slowly! That said: Please take some comfort from the fact that another 155,699 players ( At time of posting ) are doing exactly the same thing. In a variety of flavours though.

I have yet to have a crack at this one. My practice sessions are not going well. I have wrecked a lot of cars though.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.
You're right, well then that means I'm not the only one making mistakes, other drivers are on the same skill level as me. Well, I'm not worried about it anymore then. Maybe silver would be the better aim for me.

@zjn I'm not a fan of Spoon myself.

A car only being able to get bronze by a World Tour driver in a single class event is dire!
They really should just take these cars out of their respective Gr.s if they don't want them competing.
PD just seems to hate on older machines in general; they have yet to make the McLaren F1, let alone R30 competitive in Gr.3, but choose not to, because they're age racist or something.

Last edited:
Well, here we go again at Bathhurst. I've been watching Tidgney's guide for over an hour, I think I know where I'm losing time, my goal is a sub 2'34.000, or even 2'33.800. I'll do my very best, but I will definitely be earning silver no matter what happens. I'll watch Dolph's replay too, as a double guide.

Last edited:
I gave MP another go tonight since I was in danger of falling out of the top 100. I knew there was time to gain, and after a frustrating 125 miles, I finally nailed down a lap that was 2 tenths better than my previous best. Of course, sector 1 was a tenth off most of my other laps. Oh, well. I should be picking up my 5th top 100 and first since the physics update. :dopey:
IMG_3545.jpg

53948316348_2f63233126_o.jpg

I saw the gap to my personal best coming down on the exit of the last corner, and I thought oh no, it's not enough. Except it WAS enough and I made the gold by a tiny margin. Not quite whisker thin but close. I then set about the Honda on and Spa and did this:
53948385184_43953e7f2e_o.jpg
I should be safe with this time. Is it spectacular? Hardly. But I'm in the gold and that's the most important thing.

I spent the weekend in Spa.
The Honda really tested my patience! After more than 600 Km i had maybe 15 or 17 valid laps. I guess more than half of my attempts ended (invalidated or with the front of the car facing in the wrong direction) at "Eau Rouge/Raidillon".
On saturday i did a 2:30,261 what was only 0,098 sec faster than the requiered gold time. Too less to be safe i thought.
So i went again on saturday and after 300 Km i improved to this:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240825160038.jpg

I wish i would have made it under 2:30, but i have enough of that TT! If this isn't enough, i won't return ...

Hi everyone

Finally had some free time last night. Spent my seat time in the AMG at Laguna. This one is tough. My optimals are golden, I just need to get my head around the Corkscrew and the final turn. Hopefully will get some free time in to get the gold before it ends. I have yet to attempt SPA as well and time is running out fast :grumpy:

1918d3794a835-screenshotUrl.jpg

1918d37f28a36-screenshotUrl.jpg

Quick little session before work this morning, and again...Noooooooooooo!

Oh come oooonnn! :grumpy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lots of possible mega laps but non nailed....

Many many laps in the 49.1's and had some real descent sectors but never combined...
If all would stick there would be a 48.8-ish lap but it just doesn't :lol:

it's getting personal now!! :grumpy::grumpy::boggled::boggled::):):lol:

1918d68089c35-screenshotUrl.jpg

1918d681f8079-screenshotUrl.jpg

Changed the livery to the Gastrol, beautiful car though!

@Dolph Drago

Nice job!, securing that top 100 :) :) :bowdown:
I haven't been at MP since Suzuka was up, can't find the motivation for it anymore :lol:

So I'm back on the G29 with the AMGand have just beaten my pad time by the tiniest marginbut I definitely have the same feeling I had with the GT-ONE at Fuji.

I do the first lap and the car has so much grip, second lap at turn 2 I have drastic understeer, I continued for 6 laps to see if it changed but it just got worse.

It's really anmoying because I can't chase deltas and the more I restart to do single laps, the more the ghost offset glitches back to 0 and then gets in the way and I have to exit all the way bacl out of the event 🤬
I feel your pain, this event is by far the toughest I've taken part in, for me at least. I must have done easily 250+ laps, and when I say laps I mean the odd clean lap in amongst tons of spins, sand duning, kerb clipping and sausage shenanigans (seriously, **** those things)

I resorted to sticking Tigney's ghost on and turning mine off because mine was getting in the way (it would be really handy if you fine-tune the opacity of ghosts) it would be great if your deltas stuck around when you restart because I'm just not gonna parade around the track each time my time goes red so I can keep my delta and I still maintain this car's behaviours seem to change lap-to-lap.

I've chopped half a second off this weekend so now on a 1:21.373, less than a 10th to gold but I know that's gonna be a big ask and to be honest, I think if I may go postal if I get into Gold and then the Gold time improves :mad:

I'll be lucky if I even get a sub 1'52.000 at Suzuka. Seriously. And that's by paying attention and not making any errors out there.

Last edited:
I looked at my lap again by paring it with Tidgney's, both in terms of timing and execution, and had an unexpected surprise.

I thought I was weak on the first turn and spoon, but that's not really the case, or better not entirely so....

In the braking of the first corner I really suck, to keep the car in I start braking that I'm still in the paddock, but then the apex speed and the positioning of the snake entry are quite comparable. See below where I hit the brake (left) and where he does (right)
1724683675086.png

I don't know how much room for improvement I have here, it takes mastery to do what Tidgney does, and I'm still a schoolboy with a donkey hat of on my head.

The most amazing part, however, are all the snake turns, where I am pretty regularly 10-20kmh down. Here I can clearly work to improve.

Otherwise, I am very lazy in positioning the car at the braking. The track in only a few corners allows me to take the time to get right on the edge of the road, so I have to be more active in going for it.

If I look at the splits of both my PB and my ideal I see that if I fix the start-degner section, I could get to something interesting by my standards
1724683752182.png

So, to summarize for people not willing to read the whole story:

This is the snake I'd like to haveThis is the snake I have
1724683872534.png
1724683886650.png

Let's see if I can reach at least a silver well detailed one

Another round at spa. Around 89 kms at adult tt and barely into gold
1000019816.jpg
1000019814.jpg

Then tried to improve at u17 and did even better, was so happy that I forgot to save best replay. So If I need to improve adult time I will still be chasing 2:30.6
1000019815.jpg

Fingers crossed that both times will be gold because achieving this was a hell a lot of a workout.
Still, happy that I managed to get back.

Last edited:
Today I had time to finally start at Suzuka and I was waiting since thursday to get it on. As @MUC76 said this TT is what I like most and the first 20 laps were already good fun. Looking at my friends list I wonder if I may have missed something...
1919034e53440-screenshotUrl.jpg

I did a short test with the GTOne and couldn't keep it on track. The Lexus SC is better but significantly slower in my hands than the newer GR2, unfortunately... So I might wear my yellow racing suit again and not kill Bill but race the NSX at Suzuka. Hope you get some fun, too! Happy lapping!!!

You know I think I reached my limit at Bathhurst. 2'35.800 is well enough for a silver medal. Kudos to those who achieved gold there.
Much better than me, I only did a 2:38. I don't like this combo. Did 2 laps in VR when it went out and 5 laps tonight. I'll try again tomorrow and maybe wednesday morning before the end, but not sure at all I will reach silver.

Last edited:
Well looks like it's back to work at Spa, I need to try to earn silver again. The RA-272 is a bit wobbly going through some of the corners and turns. It's a tricky combo.

Back