Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,504 comments
I don't have my exact time in mind... I'm on gold and still have a small cushion on silver.. it could be faster... but I'm content to stay on gold.

I think that, honestly, we must hope that the nurb. nordschleife does not come out as a time trial it would be very difficult to get gold, considering that the proportions will be that. What do you think about it?

I think that, honestly, we must hope that the nurb. nordschleife does not come out as a time trial it would be very difficult to get gold, considering that the proportions will be that. What do you think about it?
I would be keen and I know someone who would be super keen eh Maxi? @xMAXIx79

If P1 did an 8:30 the gold time with +3 percent would be around 8:45 if I calculated it correctly. Should be (easily) doable.

Sitting at a 38.5 after 12 laps, of which 9 were invalid because of penalties and another 2 I could scratch because I had to serve said penalties. What a dumb idea to make it like this. Invalidate my lap time if I did something bad but don't punish me for the next lap as well :banghead:
I agree, fine to invalidate the lap but it's a bit much to penalise your next one. You just have to click "Retry" - but that kind of puts you out of any rhythm you may have had.

1:39:059

So goddamn close.
Maybe, maybe not.
We have almost similar time, I'm on 1:38.900, and personally can't come near to that one again.

If you are better driver, then of course you can go down.
In my case, I think that's it from me.

Maybe, maybe not.
We have almost similar time, I'm on 1:38.900, and personally can't come near to that one again.

If you are better driver, then of course you can go down.
In my case, I think that's it from me.
Same, I'm tapping out.

With 1.17 update, PD introduced credit reward online TTs based on your percentage behind world's best time.
There are three rewards: 2 000 000 for 3%, 1 000 000 for 5% and 200 000 for 10% (I think).

First TT is Suzuki Escudo at Alsace.

I'm currently in 3.57% with 1:38.9, 1:38.3 is needed for getting into 3%...

Where are you?

Did a 1.37.6 last week at Escudo time trial, getting easily gold it seems.

How do u collect the prize money after golding or do I have to wait for event to be over??
Have to wait for the event to be over

Gave this a go today, the car is ridiculous :lol:
Managed a 36.8, there's probably a few more tenths in there for me but difficult to string it all together

Yowza, after a few laps at Alsace I have finally broken into the top 50........ thousand. 🤣🤣🤣
Only 11.5% outside the world record time, just a couple more seconds to get bronze..... Yaaaay!
The Pike's Peak is a bit weird to drive, but I'll get there.

It's fantastic that there's an incentive now to do well in these trials, makes you push!

Yowza, after a few laps at Alsace I have finally broken into the top 50........ thousand. 🤣🤣🤣
Only 11.5% outside the world record time, just a couple more seconds to get bronze..... Yaaaay!
The Pike's Peak is a bit weird to drive, but I'll get there.

It's fantastic that there's an incentive now to do well in these trials, makes you push!

My advice... be very careful with the brakes and reduce the braking force in good time before corners... and then... turn in VERY sensitively... drift as little as possible... also try to keep the speed up at all times.

181c024873b7-7de280762A687F378A2.2BD9D98D46A0B126_message_424137122641488_1656785635318.jpg

I think I'm done.

The Escudo is very difficult to drive quickly. My fastest time is a 1:37.7xx, it took quite a bit of practice to do that but I have no desire to spend any more time on it. I struggle the most with that low speed left/right near the end of the lap, I spun out there a lot of times. Brake Balance would be a huge help, but it’s gone from bop for whatever reason.

Maybe there should be a “diamond” time (1 or 2%) we can chase for more credits. That would give me incentive to spend more time on it.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many people are in the time trial?
There is a website for all that info for GTS but looks like they haven't made one for GT7 yet which is a pity.

There are more than 50,000 - I was there. 😂

Today finally clawed my way to a bronze (provided the leader doesn't improve!)
Sneaked in by a couple of hundredths with a 1:45.008 - yeah, I know, pretty lame but could be worth 250k, fingers crossed!!!
I have no idea how people get in the mid 1:30's..... amazing stuff, hats off to you all.

Good Day Hello GIF by Acorn TV

Last edited:
Have to wait for the event to be over

Gave this a go today, the car is ridiculous :lol:
Managed a 36.8, there's probably a few more tenths in there for me but difficult to string it all together
I'm at a 35.4 my advice is use the brakes to your advantage dge and focus on corner exit that's where I was losing alot of time once you floor it you don't want to lift

Shaved nearly a second off today, now only 9.12% off fastest and hoping that's safe for next couple of days!!

Well I thought I was done (and kinda hoped to be) with that 36.309 but alas, my friend StiligeDan went and beat my time with a .295. Naturally I had to return and dethrone him again which I did manage after a while. A mere -0,041 but it was enough!

181d0861f5039-screenshotUrl.png

Unfortunately he returned once again and put up a 1’36.154!

1657061378219.png

That stonker of a time I’ve yet to beat but I’m trying. Got my .268 to a .267. :lol: There is more there though! Now to string it all together.

Back