Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,571 comments
I've not gotten all of em but I'm on a pretty good streak since I have started really putting effort in... for a few days when Bathurst started I thought I might not get there. Also the one at Monza with the vacuum almost killed my streak.

It's funny how some are so easy and some are so difficult and it's never the same at all for everyone. Ones that some of the normally fastest people in here struggle with, I do well. Others that seem less a struggle I find challenging at times. I think that's why I like Time Trials so much more than racing in sport. The variation and having to adjust and learn new methods and hone the good habits and consistency.

Just my opinion obviously. 👍👍
I may have been misunderstood.

To be clear, if someone golded all 69 (I can use myself as an example) up til last night's Bathurst and somehow failed to gold that one that doesn't make very much sense at all as there have been way more difficult ones than the Bathurst Gr.3. Some obvious examples being MC20 at Bathurst, the Olympic TT in the GR010, the GR Yaris at Lake Louise, the X2019 Competition at Road Atlanta, the NSX Type R '02 at Nordschleife, the MP4/4 at Suzuka to name a few.

If you’ve golded all those along with everything else then it is in fact pretty much impossible to “fail” gold at Bathurst, since you’re given Gr.3, an immensely popular and familiar category of cars on very friendly and capable tyres (RS). Track could be argued is somewhat tricky but the car(s) aren’t ridiculously fast like some others, no super finesse was needed, no very particular gear change magic, etc, etc.

A streak can of course also be a streak that one starts in the middle of something (X number of golds inbetween silvers) as well, I may not have initially thought of that.

Last edited:
So,it's Thursday,another gold,just like last Thursday but i was so disgusted with the MB on the plastic tires last week,i didn't post, still disgusted a week later,lol,gold streak is in serious trouble(sitting at 13)....guess i'll start a new one as this weeks TT seems doable...(opt is 19.5xx)

1708636090539.jpeg

First session of the new TT started with a small delay because I first had to gold the National B Master license to get myself my own buddy (thanks @Gogga for the tip), but then I could finally take him for a first walk in the valley.

1708648929116.png

I should have brought a leash perhaps, as he didn't really obey my commands and kept running away. In particular (and I stop with the dog metaphors at this point) the first left after the tunnel is a bit of a mystery to me. 5 times out of 10 I brake-oversteer into the left wall. Out of the other 5, I overshoot and power-slide into the corner 3 times.

That's also what happened in my fastest lap so far, which is a 1:19.756, still good enough for a safe gold. This would usually be a reason to celebrate, but apparently everybody has stepped up their game for this TT, and I find myself near the bottom of my friends ranking.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

So I have some homework to do I guess.
@Pesselles I am coming for you first! ;)

@Evilmuffin, that slide through the final corner was perfection. :crazy: You could have had an average turn there, and I know I still wouldn't beat your time.
So far, I found that it is the fastest way to make that corner. Induce the oversteer, then mesh the throttle in 3rd gear to prevent it from getting out of hand...save myself an upshift and I get to accelerate early.

The hardest part of the entire track is the turn 1, 2, 3 combo. After that there are only 2 corners to make, and the rest is pedal to the metal.

Last edited:
First session of the new TT started with a small delay because I first had to gold the National B Master license to get myself my own buddy (thanks @Gogga for the tip), but then I could finally take him for a first walk in the valley.

View attachment 1330581
I should have brought a leash perhaps, as he didn't really obey my commands and kept running away. In particular (and I stop with the dog metaphors at this point) the first left after the tunnel is a bit of a mystery to me. 5 times out of 10 I brake-oversteer into the left wall. Out of the other 5, I overshoot and power-slide into the corner 3 times.

That's also what happened in my fastest lap so far, which is a 1:19.756, still good enough for a safe gold. This would usually be a reason to celebrate, but apparently everybody has stepped up their game for this TT, and I find myself near the bottom of my friends ranking.

For turn 1 make sure you brake in a straight line. The car doesn't seem to like trail braking too much. I have also found that if you shift back to 2nd too early this will also cause the rear to slide out.

Ran the new TT for an hour after dinner and ended up with what I hope will be a safe gold. I used a similar technique as @Evilmuffin on the last corner, a little slide and stay in 3rd gear. That was also the fastest for me.

I didn't care too much for this one, even though unlike many I like GV in general. Probably won't put any more time in on it.

Sitting at a 1:52.9xx on Dragon Trail, so might put some more time in on that one.

TT_Grand Valley_Ford Roadster.jpeg

I've thoroughly enjoyed this TT so far, for some reason the car and track combo just click for me. Looks like one of the easier combos, though the track limits can be pretty tough! I managed a 1:19.636, with optimum in the low 19.4s. There's time to be had in the first and last corner, might experiment with lines if Jeddah pushes me closer to silver. Top 1k was a chance, but y'all are super quick around here :)
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240223153231.jpg

Feel free to add me on psn:cheers:

Last edited:
And guess what?

Only 30 minutes later, I've scored a safe gold on Dragon Trail with The German Granny :lol: :cheers:

I love everyone today :lol:
Funny enough, when I logged in yesterday you still had you .8xx, after driving another 150km i finally managed to finish a lap in .5low. When I looked at the board, you've been ahead of me :D
Just hoping it remains in gold, but more than 1/10 won't be in there for jeddah (or is it?). Optimum lap beeing a 1:53:072, I also was about half a second ahead of the record, just to lose it in the final chicance. argh

Also had a quick try at Grand Valley, having a 1:20:5xx after a 8 laps or so. Even though I entered with the thought of hating it, I kinda enjoyed and will definetly come back. In this direction the track feels way better than the other way round and the car has more than enough grip, just need to be a bit careful in first and last turn to not slide too much under braking. There also is the "barely a right hander" towards the end of the twisty section where you easily come around but i invalidated my lap there quite some time for cutting a bit too much. That's gonna be frustrating when really going for it.

View attachment 1330581

Come my friend, come to me !!!

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

1:19.756 is already a great score to be proud of. Congrats (and relax:D)!!

Last edited:
Vielen Dank I know, I'm right :D Congrats for your impressive score with the Roadster!

Ok more seriously, I think our gold scores on Dragon Trail are safe, as the big guys are now fighting on Grand Valley (and also because I don't want to go back with the German Granny... :yuck: ).

1708671756116.png

Funny to see we have very close/similar scores on 2 very different TTs!!

Last edited:
Jeezzzz woke up with an hart attack.... reading @Evilmuffin already barely into the 18's...... made coffey which I almost coughed over the table when I loaded up the time trial board......damn muffin has gone bezerk....

honestly I started this morning not realy motivated, just not realy feel this one, and no way to catch my upper board members..

But it was not that bad!....last corner kills me everytime tho.....there is definitely time to find, maby ill have another go but fairly happy for now.
Into the 18's with a 1:18.695 😂😳😳

1000017471.jpg

And man ...my leaderboard of terror...😂

1000017472.jpg

Back