Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,570 comments
That was me after I'd eaten the 42 chocolate bunnies left over from Easter. 🤩
1000069078.gif

Oops. I need to clarify something. The drift thing wasn't Sophy. 🙄
That was me after I'd eaten the 42 chocolate bunnies left over from Easter. 🤩

P. S. Sophy didn't even get silver at Daytona with the Viper up to now. But, don't give up little Sophy 👍🏻
Sophy can out drive us all, the problem they have is to make it balanced. They can program the optimum speeds, angles and braking. Sophy can lean to do that in a few days and millions of laps.

The hard part is making Sophy work with humans....

As expected i have'nt given up on suzuka. 3/1000ths over gold, so I can boast for a brief moment.. but I call this bull 💩 . Just as I was getting into flow and feeling that I can beat my ghost again the car started to act too understeery .. is it possible that my csl elite got overheat and mess my inputs and feedback? The fans were getting loud at that point. Still, if weekend work does not mess me up too much I'm gonna extend my stay on suzuka until monday. Or maybe top aliens can give me a promise not to improve... :)
1000013808.jpg

Not entirely sure but it seems like you and your left leg were mortal enemy in the previous life or something.....
I forgot one... hit a tree in Utah snowboarding. Nothing broke but I thought I had fractured my femur. Ended up with a debilitating hematoma from my rear to my knee as black as midnight for 2 months. Also my left leg. 😂😂

Last edited:
Some cracking laps here chaps!! I applaud anyone who sticks with Suzuka, that combo is wild 🤣🤣 sadly im done, I’ve definitely lost my rocket emoji for the GTP leaderboard as I couldn’t match the godlike @djolliea in the VGT but I set a nice time; this is one of those TT’s that I feel like I could go quicker every time but it wasn’t to be, this lap was absolutely wild and I nearly lost control at least three times but it was my fastest! Cest La Vie!!

IMG_6414.jpeg
image0(8).jpeg

I wonder what position that’ll be good for come Thursday? 💀

Had a good bit of fun at RA today, this car is a lot of fun and a great car to practice countersteering on a wheel (no steery cheat mode for me this time 🤣) I get back just over a day before this one finishes so might get another shot at it when I’m home. Still nice little lap that came together after a few duffers trying to get through that tricky second part of sector 1

IMG_6418.jpeg

YouTube video incoming… ghosts shared under usual tags of #gtp #dantes #psvr2

Love you all, will be checking in when I can while I’m away! Good luck to everybody and have a great weekend!! 😁

Last edited:
I am leaving tomorrow on a short vacation and I don't want to give another thought about Suzuka! :irked: No more VGT TT please! :banghead: Thanks again to everyone here - this thread is the best!!

View attachment 1346019
I hope you enjoy your vacation! I will get back with the Suzuka challenge maybe Tuesday. I want to enjoy the X-bow one. Wow @Dan_Tes if you are using a controller you must have a strong grip and can move the car quickly and smoothly. You're the Danger Dan record breaker, xD.

Wow, I'm still gonna have to make that push with the X-bow to earn that 5th gold medal! It has to happen this week. I can't waste any time. Are you all with me on this? I am fully motivated 100%. Even though times may get rough but I'm still gonna get back up and try and try again. I can't let time defeat me.

Last edited:
Wow, I don't know what it is, but this thing just feels so natural to drive, it's almost a telepathic connection. Not only did I shave two more tenths off my previous PB ...

1712958799397.png

... but also, look at that optimal:

1712958931248.png

After seeing this I got a bit scared and quit the session for today 😂. Don't know if this makes sense to anyone, but I did not want the pure joy of driving this machine to turn into frustration because I was going to (perhaps unsuccessfully) chase the dangling carrot that is this optimal.

Instead I completed the weekly challenges and will try again tomorrow morning with a fresh mind and a cup of coffee. Good times! Have a nice weekend everyone

The lap:

Wow, I don't know what it is, but this thing just feels so natural to drive, it's almost a telepathic connection. Not only did I shave two more tenths off my previous PB ...

View attachment 1346051

... but also, look at that optimal:

View attachment 1346052

After seeing this I got a bit scared and quit the session for today 😂. Don't know if this makes sense to anyone, but I did not want the pure joy of driving this machine to turn into frustration because I was going to (perhaps unsuccessfully) chase the dangling carrot that is this optimal.

Instead I completed the weekly challenges and will try again tomorrow morning with a fresh mind and a cup of coffee. Good times! Have a nice weekend everyone

The lap:

Can I still find your replay, by selecting your profile and going in your replay gallery? It's more complex searching in the Showcase section where everyone's replays, photos, and other information is displayed. I can see it more clearly on the TV than the laptop. See my TV is a 36-inch one, so that's pretty big.

Can I still find your replay, by selecting your profile and going in your replay gallery? It's more complex searching in the Showcase section where everyone's replays, photos, and other information is displayed. I can see it more clearly on the TV than the laptop. See my TV is a 36-inch one, so that's pretty big.
I think the easiest way now is directly from the leaderboard. That's a new feature apparently.

1712960067211.png

From the showcase it's also still possible. Use "Following", then "Replays" and you don't have to mess with all the filters. The list shouldn't be that long and is sorted by date, newest on top.

1712960163184.png

Last edited:
I think the easiest way now is directly from the leaderboard. That's a new feature apparently.

View attachment 1346073
Wow I like this new feature. I was on last night and hadn’t noticed it. Way cool.

Edit: The replays do not appear to apply for Suzuka. Only Watkens Glen currently. I really hope that the shared friends replays continue.

Last edited:
What'd you think about the Suzuka one. I am not enjoying it, however I did manage to clock a 1'45.854 several hours ago. I think I'm safe for now. I dislike the sweepers in Sectors 1 and 2, it gets me nervous and antsy trying to keep the monster car on the road! Sector 3 can be risky because if I go too fast I risk going off the edge into the sand trap. You guys know where that is, a little while after the Bridgestone bridge and the U-turn.
Like many here, not a fan of that TT. I still haven't golded it yet, though I haven't been there in a few days. I may try the steery cheat.
Don't worry mate and leave aside the " shame" to ask for anything.

Since you're not like Mangano, everything else is allowed 😂

fail austin powers GIF

Off to Road Atlanta for a bit before dinner!

Friday night and Slidey Kate and I have moved on into the gold territory. 1:26:148.

Edit: I kept hot lapping after I posted here and I got to clock a 1:25:944.

I turned on the CSA and kept following @Tidgney pad lap. Also I tried to use more 4th gear while exiting the 2nd slow right hander before the back straight and the final left and right. Something I wasn't doing before.

It feels counter intuitive being on a high gear in a slow corner but it does work.

Previous Gold PB
18ed46c6b2480-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438517967161357_1712960809224.jpg
New Gold PB
18ed494b10617-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438518622934221_1712963370836.jpg

Last edited:
Friday night and Slidey Kate and I have moved on into the gold territory. 1:26:148.

I turned on the CSA and kept following @Tidgney pad lap. Also I tried to use more 4th gear while exiting the 2nd slow right hander before the back straight and the final left and right. Something I wasn't doing before.

It feels counter intuitive being on a high gear in a slow corner but it does work.

Now the pressure is off, gotta try to improve a little bit more because I noticed my S1 in this PB is far away from some S1 time splits I clocked yesterday. Meaning, there's a (bit) faster lap out there for me.

View attachment 1346082
The X-bow is a joy to drive on the track! It only took me 15-20 minutes before I got a time under 1'30.000. So this is definitely much easier and enjoyable than the one on Suzuka circuit. It's not an expensive car either. It may not be cheap in real life but in gt7 it's only worth a handful of credits.

Last edited:
Finally had some time to try suzuka. Interesting to say the least. I had to resort to TCS 1. Things on this one seem to happen much to quickly for this old man. Seems like an eyelash is 10 meters and the brake/turn point is history. I don't know what the steery cheat is, but I may need to find it and try it. I suspect what there was of my gold medal streak is at end otherwise.
IMG_20240412_184545533.jpg

Finally had some time to try suzuka. Interesting to say the least. I had to resort to TCS 1. Things on this one seem to happen much to quickly for this old man. Seems like an eyelash is 10 meters and the brake/turn point is history. I don't know what the steery cheat is, but I may need to find it and try it. I suspect what there was of my gold medal streak is at end otherwise.
View attachment 1346084
Regarding steery cheat. I’m pretty sure he’s referring to a Driver Assist option probably Countersteer assistance. You have a choice of off, weak or strong.

Okay, haven't started warming up dinner just yet because I wanted to get this posted beforehand. Joined my two nemesiss'ss's @Evilmuffin & @Gomario JSP in the 24.9 club. :mischievous: Though slightly peeved as I am still the bottom piece of bread. I at the very least would have been the meat, but my pea sized brain keeps forgetting to shift halfway 'round the last turn, and I bumped off the rev limiter on my fast lap which cost 2 to 3 hundredths. :ouch:
IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

Latest Posts

Back