Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,573 comments
Still working on Grand Valley. I'm searching for tenths, but only finding hundredths for now. At least there are a few days left to find them.

Optimals suggest a 0.5 or 0.6 is possible and 0.4 if I managed a miracle lap.

View attachment 1333389View attachment 1333390

I really want that Top 100 time.

The only word that comes to mind is RESPECT :eek:

Honestly, your consistency, and your perseverance are an example for many of us.
May you join the Top 100 ASAP.

Woo-hoo, yes!! I got silver!! 1'21.639

I will post my video in a few minutes.

Give that man some Champagne!!!!

happy sofia coppola GIF

Well after much grinding shenanigans and perserverance, I managed to slash my time down by a 1sec 20ths to this!

Really enjyoing trying to crush this one. Only took me 13 laps and then some. :D

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240302170414.jpg

How the main top guy got a 1:44 still baffles me.....lol

Last edited:
YEAH obrigado my friend :cheers:

I've secured my 14th gold reward. My initial objective is reached, now I can relax yes :)

But very honestly it was a painful experience (I mean not comfortable, not fun) and like with the Mercedes 190, I'm not especially proud or happy being in yellow. I did it, period.

I read your posts on the subject and decided not to try to improve my score with the Mitsub' but to spend more time learning how to drive in MT. I know it will be complex first but this will be much more beneficial to me in the future ;)
I totally understand what you mean, because in my gaming life I got this feel many many times in the past, when playing became a chore.

Don't worry! And let me know if can help you somehow. The little things I know I'd be glad to share. 🙂

Today I got back on the TT and decided to tackle the last turn exiting in 4th. For what I've seen it is faster. Even when the TT starts (before opening the lap) and I did the final turn in 4th I got some advantage over my PB ghost. So, it is faster.

Anyways.... I got a bunch of 47.3s, 47.4s deleted because track limits in this final turn.

3 times I got a 47.1 lap time deleted. 😔

I'll quit for today. Had enough for a session. 😅

18e011f33d519-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437610428832194_1709415737625 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I totally understand what you mean, because in my gaming life I got this feel many many times in the past, when playing became a chore.

Don't worry! And let me know if can help you somehow. The little things I know I'd be glad to share. 🙂
You're most welcome my friend :)

Dunno if you or someone else could help me on switch from AT to MT.
I've even searched some tutorials videos on YT.... :D

I'll start to practice on easy tracks first and search for the best paddle configuration.

Last edited:
The only word that comes to mind is RESPECT :eek:

Honestly, your consistency, and your perseverance are an example for many of us.
May you join the Top 100 ASAP.
I appreciate the kind words, friend :cheers:

My consistency could always improve, too (especially the first and last turns!). But I do put the time in regularly. I just looked through my history of daily milage and I'm consistently averaging about 130 miles each day since I started GT7 last March.

Here is my best lap so far, I'm still having trouble but I am learning and growing every minute. I still am trying to figure out how to nail Turn 1, half the time I will run straight into the rail or either go in the sand. Anyone got any tips of where I'm losing time, I'm thinking most of my time is being eaten up at Sector 2 where the cliffs are.

However the Roadster is a comfortable car to drive, it just takes a while to grasp the concept on this track. It's a fun combo for this track. What gears should I have my car at for each turn, because I'm losing speed and agility in some areas.

Stick to left while in the tunnel, as soon as you see the light at the end of the tunnel, hit the brakes.

Keep the car straight while breaking, as the car slow down downshift to 2nd and turn. Position the car in a way you can follow up the turn 2 and turn 3.

Congratz on your results so far 😎

Last edited:
after a bit of a slump, I'm back in yellow......😎

I've put the MERCOS 190E to one side due to fatigue caused by the work I'm doing on my house and a bit of masonry work for the forthcoming arrival of air-conditioning.....
yes, the older you get, the less you can stand the heat...🥵🥵....so at nearly 75, I'm going to invest in a reversible heat pump (heating in mid-season and air-conditioning in summer).

and then I've rediscovered the pleasure of driving with the last 2 TTs.....
I reached gold quite quickly and I'm going to try to improve my times because I think I can do better.

But I'm also battling against my compatriots...😅...for the moment I'm ahead of Pesselles, and I mean for the moment (his time with the 190E blew me away). As for Jéjé, he's on another planet......😲😲🤗😅

it's about time PD sent out a few sworn inspectors to take some hair, urine or saliva (or even blood) samples to make sure that some of them aren't abusing illegal substances that would help them greatly improve their performance.......🤔🤔🫣

because if I have to take cocaine, I'm going to be at a disadvantage: I don't know where I'm going to be able to find it in my Burgundy countryside...🤔🫣😲...although, if I look hard enough.....😂😂

that's all I'm saying....🤫🤫... but I'm still going to try the Red Bull ...😂😂....to start with.... 😂 😂 ...it's said to be very stimulating......😂😂😂
:gtpflag::gtpflag:

Attachments

• 258.jpg
    258.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 5
after a bit of a slump, I'm back in yellow......😎

I've put the MERCOS 190E to one side due to fatigue caused by the work I'm doing on my house and a bit of masonry work for the forthcoming arrival of air-conditioning.....
yes, the older you get, the less you can stand the heat...🥵🥵....so at nearly 75, I'm going to invest in a reversible heat pump (heating in mid-season and air-conditioning in summer).

and then I've rediscovered the pleasure of driving with the last 2 TTs.....
I reached gold quite quickly and I'm going to try to improve my times because I think I can do better.

But I'm also battling against my compatriots...😅...for the moment I'm ahead of Pesselles, and I mean for the moment (his time with the 190E blew me away). As for Jéjé, he's on another planet......😲😲🤗😅

it's about time PD sent out a few sworn inspectors to take some hair, urine or saliva (or even blood) samples to make sure that some of them aren't abusing illegal substances that would help them greatly improve their performance.......🤔🤔🫣

because if I have to take cocaine, I'm going to be at a disadvantage: I don't know where I'm going to be able to find it in my Burgundy countryside...🤔🫣😲...although, if I look hard enough.....😂😂

that's all I'm saying....🤫🤫... but I'm still going to try the Red Bull ...😂😂....to start with.... 😂 😂 ...it's said to be very stimulating......😂😂😂
:gtpflag::gtpflag:
Well I wish you all the best at RBR!

You're most welcome my friend :)

Dunno if you or someone else could help me on swtich from AT to MT.
I've even searched some tutorials videos on YT.... :D

I'll start to practice on easy tracks first and search for the best paddle configuration.
AT to MT 👍.
I thought you mentioned that you use a wheel? If you have paddle shifters on it this will be super easy. Try to emulate the motor movement with your hands shifting when the car up shifts and down shifts.

Edit, plus up the engine sounds in the game

Last edited:

Here is my best lap so far, I'm still having trouble but I am learning and growing every minute. I still am trying to figure out how to nail Turn 1, half the time I will run straight into the rail or either go in the sand. Anyone got any tips of where I'm losing time, I'm thinking most of my time is being eaten up at Sector 2 where the cliffs are.

However the Roadster is a comfortable car to drive, it just takes a while to grasp the concept on this track. It's a fun combo for this track. What gears should I have my car at for each turn, because I'm losing speed and agility in some areas.

I am far from the best source. I only looked at the lap up to the tunnel exit. I always fix things early and one at a time. You need to be further right in the tunnel. As close to the wall as you can get. You can stay full throttle until the apex of the tunnel turn. At the apex make sure your steering is dead straight. You will be pointed at the right side of the tunnel exit. You can then apply 100% braking until you get to the turn in point of the left turn outside of the tunnel. If the apex brake point is initially too late for you, then brake earlier. After several iterations, you should be able to brake just past the apex and still be at the appropriate speed and position for entering the left hand turn. Below, you can see how bad that I am and whether or not to even begin to listen to my advice.
Hope this helps.
IMG_20240302_182053821.jpg

Took a trip back to Grand Valley for the first time in several days and finally improved in what's probably been a full week. Not a huge pickup, from .914 to .836, but it was a gain nonetheless. Unlike many, I'm not too enthused by the TT. So, I may not hit it again unless it looks like I'm going to drop out of the global top 500. I've given up on my friends board considering I'm sitting all the way down in 18th. Clearly all my buddies here have been abducted! 👽👽👽
IMG_2930.jpg

True. Real talk. I can only echo this sentiment once again.

No offense but doing laps after laps and spending a lot of time on the time trials but at the same time being unwilling to switch to manual doesn’t make that much sense (unless you has some kind of physical issue hindering you from doing it).

Going up a gear and down is as natural as some accelerator and brake input. Not if you’ve never done it before but give it a little time and it will feel just as natural to you. If you can put these hours into driving around, doing laps in search of whatever time you’re looking for, surely you can assist yourself in that quest by ditching automatic. By not doing it, you’re doing yourself a disservice.

Taking myself as an example, I was an okay driver beforut when GT Sport came out in 2017 and I realised there’d be a lot of online racing where my skills needed to improve I simply took the decision to switch to manual and forced myself to learn how to use it. In order to stand a decent chance it was necessary. Now 71 golds, 27 top 100’s and a best TT position of 12th in the world. Had I not made that switch in 2017 this improvement would never have taken place.

Looking back now, I can’t possibly imagine throwing away all the control of the car (and in return, possibility of balance, speed, etc) that manual is giving me. Automatic is a hindrance.
Well said.

For those of you contemplating the switch from auto to manual, read what @NAXEHT said here. He surely knows what he is talking about.
71 golds! 27 top 100's and top placement of 12th! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
All this after switching transmission from auto to manual.

The switch may sound daunting at first but it is WELL WELL WELL worth your effort. It WILL become second nature, just the way you know when to brake, when to turn, when to lift throttle etc etc, you will know exactly when to up/down shift.

You will become more in tune with the car as you will be concentrating on the engine sounds to know exactly when to shift. A by product of this is that you will begin to enjoy the sounds of those engines a bit more.

Using manual is guaranteed to give you faster lap times and you will also learn and remember the track way faster as you are not driving on "auto pilot".

Best advice ever if you want to improve, DITCH THE AUTO.

Well said.

For those of you contemplating the switch from auto to manual, read what @NAXEHT said here. He surely knows what he is talking about.
71 golds! 27 top 100's and top placement of 12th! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
All this after switching transmission from auto to manual.

The switch may sound daunting at first but it is WELL WELL WELL worth your effort. It WILL become second nature, just the way you know when to brake, when to turn, when to lift throttle etc etc, you will know exactly when to up/down shift.

You will become more in tune with the car as you will be concentrating on the engine sounds to know exactly when to shift. A by product of this is that you will begin to enjoy the sounds of those engines a bit more.

Using manual is guaranteed to give you faster lap times and you will also learn and remember the track way faster as you are not driving on "auto pilot".

Best advice ever if you want to improve, DITCH THE AUTO.
This time trial and the last demonstrate this more than any in a while.

This time trial and the last demonstrate this more than any in a while.
The chicane at Dragon Trail must have been much more of a nightmare with automatic transmission in the Merc.

4th gear is your friend!
Couldn't agree more for the current one with the Evo.

Being able to use the optimal gear, on demand, is crucial to faster lap times.

Last edited:
The chicane at Dragon Trail must have been much more of a nightmare with automatic transmission in the Merc.

Couldn't agree more for the current one with the Evo.

Being able to use the optimal gear, on demand, is crucial to faster lap times.
Some of the tricky on/off throttle/brakes maneuvers I've used at RBR to get what I think is a pretty good time is a perfect example. There are two corners that I think I changed gear up and down twice to keep pointed and maintain speed. This car is so on edge and balanced at the very limit but requires dead accuracy. It's rewarding and super frustrating all at once. The difference in shift points by like 150 rpms is literally tenths in this TT.

Also. Turn off ASM and counter steer assist. No traction control. Whatever you prefer for braking whether it's default or weak or whatever. No assists. Flog this car like it asks to be.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back