Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,588 comments
A little faster. I feel like I have a little more left in it, but I must get to bed.

Hoping for a road car tomorrow 🤞

1905636148227-screenshotUrl.jpg

Oof, I'm loving this TT at SpA. Initially I thought it being open to all GR3 cars was going to be a problem (I don't know why), but it's a really good time and the differences in cars is fun to explore. SpA is such a great track though, you could have fun here in anything.

Before SpA I spent a little more time with the Mercedes at Catalunya and whittled my time down just a bit to 1:51.569. Not the fastest, but I'm not too into this one anymore, especially after drift trial hell!

I initially went to SpA in the R8 and was pretty comfortable with it running in the 19s, but I saw the RS01 at the top of the board and decided to give it a shot because one has been in my garage since the beginning and I've never driven it. Of course I had to make a livery for it before getting behind the wheel! Its a great drive, especially at speed. Turning into Blanchimont is so planted compared to the R8, and the RS01 seems to be a little less prone to oversteer on the throttle. Settled on a 2:18.974 for the moment, which includes a major screw up in the last chicane with a lot of wheelspin and a bunch of other little mistakes so I'm thinking low 18s is possible.

20970923014405447.jpg

I'll be giving the 911 and the old NSX a shot here as well to see how they stack up.

Last edited:
Haven't posted here in a while. I hope everyone is doing well!

I remembered it's the last day with the AMG, so I thought I'd give it another try. My previous record was 1:50.170, so I set a goal of sub 1:50. Fast-forward two hours, and I'm at 1:49.847. Mission accomplished. I hope it will be good enough for #1 on the community leaderboard. :)🤞

Screenshot_2024-06-27-02-49-12-40_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Screenshot_2024-06-27-02-33-24-81_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Day 4 in Catalunya
Really good improvement, didn't expect such result few days ago...
TT-CatalAMG-almost4.jpg

Still this car/track combo is not my favourite, with no partial inputs (of any kind) it's really hard to drive this car.
Learning the proper way to manipulate MT helped a lot (it's not the fast shifts, it's shifts at the right time and place).
The longer I drove the more optimal dropped, but this kind of fight with the car is very tiring for the hands, so I needed to take breaks.
TT-CatalAMG-almost4-lapchart.jpg

The goal of matching (and surpassing) @Jeje6410 was fulfilled at the last moment with the slightest of margins, sorry mon ami.
Hopefully it will be enough for LB top 50.

@TumeK5

See that red box to the right of the 4? That lets you know what gear to shift down to for the next turn/corner.

1719449040490.png

It has really been a struggle here at Barcelona, here is my video.

Damn!!

You can see what effort I made and still nothing accomplished, :(

Last edited:
@TumeK5

See that red box to the right of the 4? That lets you know what gear to shift down to for the next turn/corner.

View attachment 1367947
Yeah but, you can usually take the corner in at least a gear higher than that thing shows. Unless you're "saucing" the gearbox in which case you'll usually be entering the turn in a gear lower and snap shifting to a higher, at or before apex and getting back on the gas.

Last edited:
Oh, well I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out, so I have to be a gear higher than what the number in the red box says, right?
You don't have to. That indicator is a recommended gear, just like the braking markers, if you have them turned on, are recommended braking points. They are, generally, safe recommendations, not fast recommendations.

Ok, well I'm gonna go eat something and then return shortly, I've got limited time to post a silver time at Barcelona. Wish me luck this evening!

@Evilmuffin I'm looking for your replay in the Showcase and can't find it. Maybe I'm overlooking it cause I'm nervous about the TT ending soon. And I'm still stuck in the bronze zone.

Last edited:
I decided to leave my time at Catalunya be and work on Spa today. I attempted the Renault again and quickly realized it was still going to be slower than the R8. At best, I was looking at a mid 18. I have no idea how some of these guys are getting into the 17's with that thing. It handles great, but I just can't get any speed out of it. So, I hopped into the NSX again for the first time since day one of the TT. I spent even less time in it, seeing that I wouldn't be able to coax anything better than a high 18 out of it - slower than the Renault.

That meant I found myself back in the Audi. And it continues to be easily the fastest of the bunch in my hands. I was able to drop from a high 18.3 nearly into the 18.2's. A couple of mistakes on my lap, like a sketchy top of Eau Rouge Raidillon and shifting a bit earlier than I meant to going into Paul Frere, kept me from a better time. Sadly, I had a later lap where I was on an absolute banger through the first two sectors before missing the turn in to Blanchimont by a mile. Even an average final chicane would have likely put me at an 18 flat or .1 at worst. Instead, it was an invalidated lap. :ouch:
IMG_3281.jpg

Final run with the AMG around Catalunya last night and I pulled out a 1:50.508 to sneak me into the top 100. Lap put me at 69th (nice ;)) but have now fallen to 71st.

This was 2 tenths quicker than the best lap I had put in during that session so I really don't know where it came from. Watching the replay it seems I had mega exits from turn 5 and the hairpin, just getting the throttle input perfect to avoid wheel spin. Nearly lost the lap to track limits through turns 7/8 and 9 but that helped me carry more speed than in previous laps so probably contributed to the time. The rest of the lap was above average for me but nothing spectacular, just goes to show how much time I was losing in those corners.

This felt like one of those laps where I didn't leave anything on the table. Optimum was only showing an extra few hundreds and there was no notable weak sectors or corners. A rare occurrence to have such a lap, but a welcome one none the less.

19056f99d6435-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_440169053715295_1719410366075.jpg

Now onto Spa and whatever tonight brings! :gtpflag:

Dropped another few tenths at Spa...

IMG_1885.JPG

Oh, well I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out, so I have to be a gear higher than what the number in the red box says, right?
Just keep at it Chris. THe red number is fine while you're getting to grips with the MT. With practice you'll start to get a feel for when the gear change should happen in a given car and sometimes it's not what the red number says. That's the advantage of manual over auto really - you aren't just stuck with what the AT is set at. You can play around with shifting a bit early or late...sometimes even way late.

I reached 500 million credits, exactly now I have 501.5M, well I've got exactly four hours, I ate some cookies, milk and some nutty bars as a late night snack/treat. Now I'm fueled and pumped up, so this is my last chance. I gotta stop waiting till the last minute to do stuff like this. I'm just so tired from this past year, with my health issues. And worried about my mom's. I don't have any brothers or sisters/siblings. It's just me, I'm on my own here. It's up to me to do my best.

I reached 500 million credits, exactly now I have 501.5M, well I've got exactly four hours, I ate some cookies, milk and some nutty bars as a late night snack/treat. Now I'm fueled and pumped up, so this is my last chance. I gotta stop waiting till the last minute to do stuff like this. I'm just so tired from this past year, with my health issues. And worried about my mom's. I don't have any brothers or sisters/siblings. It's just me, I'm on my own here. It's up to me to do my best.

Please don't take these TTs too serious Chris!

In this thread we are a group of persons where most of us spend a bit more time on the TTs than regular players. This is what motivates me to achive better results, too. As a lazy bone I need that and I love it.

Before being here I never spent more than an hour. Now in average I am doing 2 to 4 sessions each 1 to 2 hours (again in average) depending on the TT.

But I have to accept that there are people who can spend much more time (being single, retired, rich 😜, whatever) or just have much better driving skills than me (as a not more than average driver) or even both. That's a pitty 😄 but it is like that.

Please don't let the TT affect you too much. At the end of the day after two weeks it's not more than just a number in a list. Not less, but also not more.
And you will improve your skills step by step. Even if you don't recognize every day and even if not every TT gives you the result you want to have.

My beloved Nord for example gave me not more than a silver despite of spending more time than usual. But in 5 to 10 years I will forget about this dramatic experience 😆

Sorry for the wall of text.
Take care!

Martin

Last edited:
Day 4 in Catalunya
Really good improvement, didn't expect such result few days ago...
View attachment 1367942

Still this car/track combo is not my favourite, with no partial inputs (of any kind) it's really hard to drive this car.
Learning the proper way to manipulate MT helped a lot (it's not the fast shifts, it's shifts at the right time and place).
The longer I drove the more optimal dropped, but this kind of fight with the car is very tiring for the hands, so I needed to take breaks.
View attachment 1367943

The goal of matching (and surpassing) @Jeje6410 was fulfilled at the last moment with the slightest of margins, sorry mon ami.
Hopefully it will be enough for LB top 50.
Bravo mon ami !!!! 👏👏👏

Let the chips fall where they may. Enjoy, don’t worry about the crumbs all around. Just don’t make the controller buttons sticky.

... one hour left to wait.
Maybe the R4 at Route X? 😉
You are half right. The car however is the Volvo Wagon. Probably with ballast, so load it up with friends!

Naah I think this is it for me on Spa, ran a few minutes this morning, could bring down my S1 on 39.1 with the audi fairly consistent but totally kept screwing up T15 every time..... and due to the heatwave here I'm starting at 7 at work.... there goes my morning stint 😭😂😂, so great job, this one is yours mate, besides... for a 17.8.... it all needs to be hit... no room for error 🙈😂
Still a week's left! With the heatwave easing up (at least in the UK) and depending on what the next TT is, I think there is more to come from all of us :)

Well I guess I can drive them after all :lol: Managed two 2:18.1xx with the Audi yesterday but the kids were climbing all over me so I couldn't hook up the lap. Had a 130km session with the Renault a moment ago and actually improved my time set with the NSX :)

View attachment 1367820View attachment 1367819

So this is the second car for me into the 2:17s, I believe I can do the same with the Audi, will give it a go later on I hope :)

@AdxRE now waiting for your lap again! :D
Great lap you have there! Now let's see if I have the chance to jump into the Renault too.

That aside, flew back to Catalunya for one last time last evening in attempt to get back into Top 100 on the Global Leaderboard. After another 150 miles I think I managed just that. Fingercrossed it will hold for another couple of hours - can this really be my first Top 100?

9FA49C81-38CC-4577-A086-1B461EB8F3AE.JPEG

IMG_1448.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

114CA0CB-E322-4F36-8506-E3E46189BE2C.JPEG

Where's the new TT, I received my reward at 3:03am and all I see is the Spa TT. I'll give it a few more minutes. Jeddah doesn't know he got beat, OMG. He is going to have a fit!

Back