Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,625 comments
The new TT with the M3 is really easy in my opinion, just be cool and smooth, and all can make it.

1000021956.jpg

NOW the new TT with the X2019 is another story, a scary one ... I'm not even sure if I'm safe or not...

1000021955.jpg

E30 was first. Pretty fun little combo. 59.9 - good enough

RB car. First, let me say going from the E30 to this thing was a shock to the system. First couple laps were rough. I golded this last time it came up (albeit on RM tires), but it was not looking good. I was a full second off after a few laps. Almost gave up but had a couple more laps took a few healthy chunks off. Ended up with a 1:00.828, .109" clear. I don't have a ton of confidence that will be safe, but I hope so... not too keen on going back.

Well, that could have gone worse I guess :D

View attachment 1368205

View attachment 1368207

I don't really know why I seem to do so good here tbh 🤷‍♂️, after a few warm-up laps I could clock in sub minute laps pretty consistently. But I have a suspicion that it has to do with steery cheat mode

These days I rarely turn it off anymore tbh. I like the way it feels, at worst it doesn't seem to hold me back, and at best it helps me tremendously. This is probably one of these "at best" cases. So at the risk of sabotaging my 15 minutes of fame, try it out folks ;)
Amazing time man! steery cheat mode™ Is the bomb 🤣🤣 I found it essential with the AMG at Catalunya but actually if you try without at RBR the car is quite controllable over the limit coz it’s so slow 😁 but if it feels like you can be quicker with ‘SCM’ keep it; kept me sane in that poor GT-R.
Bet you spend one leisurely hour before breakfast on it and break top 100.

Is that CSA or ASM?

Depends on whether my gold holds... 😇
Hahaha guilty as charged 😇 I really wasn’t bothered about trying but Racing Soft tyres saves it, the car is just about controllable on corner exits and getting a smooth throttle input without a wild spin is quite satisfying.

I missed a few apexes but set a quick early lap, I’ll upload a tubeyou video soon. I actually really love both of these and have fallen out with Gr3 at Spa (not my favourite track, please don’t hate me everyone..!)

IMG_7540.jpeg
IMG_7541.jpeg

Your move, @djolliea

Threaten Your Honor GIF by Showtime

Last edited:
Wow @Dan_Tes, how do you do it!?? I'm clueless as to how some of you got 58-59 seconds. I'm at a low 1'04.000.

1'04.928; my rank is okay though. Not like it usually is.
Practice. Practice practice practice. Then I practice, then more practice, then I stop for some practice followed by more practice.

….Aaaaand the word practice is starting to look weird now 🤣

Last edited:
2 for the price of one
53820523061_577585941a_o.jpg

I don't think the E30 M3 has a particularly good chassis. The rear feels too soft and I found myself sliding around more than I expected. I find it strange because the car doesn't have a huge amount of power or weight. At least I have a better chance of getting the gold compared to the other time trial right now...
53820771178_d1469e48e2_o.jpg

You see me well within the gold bracket here but the time has moved since then and I've dropped out of it by 0.006 seconds. I think I can pull out another tenth or two because my first sector was down compared to my best. Not sure if I can go much further though.

Last edited:
Well,i've managed to get in the Gold at RBR, but only .269 cushion,might be able to lower that a touch but i don't want to go back 🤨
As for Atlanta,i've lowered to a 1:01.4xx but a good half a second out after the time dropped 😕,it's a maybe....
View attachment 1368267
Congrats for your nice score here at RBR (and apparently, my gold is gone now... :()

First half hour stint this morning with the Rebbull on Road Atlanta...., this just can't be done on Remote Play i gave up :lol:
This brings all my flaws to the surface :lol:, i think if i had the time to do more laps i would scrape of a few tenths cause my lap was far from descent but at least..... i'm in for a few minutes :lol::lol:

I'm first going to give it my all to secure a gold one here ( i think i gave up on the previous one here and not even golded it because i hated it )... and i'm regretting it so i must have this one :irked::lol:

Only then i'm staring the Rebbull Ring :)

1905d590db654-screenshotUrl.jpg

Just popping in to say this one is FUN! Ok I still hate SPORTS HARD tyres but they work better here than most places

Lots of slidey fun

Red Bull at RA

no thanks

Can I skip it, @half_sourly ?
Casually flying to 25th..., leave some for the rest of us Daniel :lol::lol::bowdown::bowdown:
Wow @Dan_Tes, how do you do it!?? I'm clueless as to how some of you got 58-59 seconds. I'm at a low 1'04.000.

He also does fly high up in the sky.... i see a patern .... 👽:):lol::lol:

This morning I get up early and continued hunt.
And it started good, not long awaited for cuts...
Then bad thing happened, I've set 3%, but 4 thousands of second from gold - I thought now I won't be able to improve that...

But, then comes the lap that crushes all the times before!

1905d5e501971-screenshotUrl.jpg

Spa with all that trees and fantastic lighting us real joy to drive...

1905d5e8c4d53-screenshotUrl.jpg

And here is the lap, direct capture:

Almost went into 2:19s

This morning I get up early and continued hunt.
And it started good, not long awaited for cuts...
Then bad thing happened, I've set 3%, but 4 thousands of second from gold - I thought now I won't be able to improve that...

But, then comes the lap that crushes all the times before!

View attachment 1368278

Spa with all that trees and fantastic lighting us real joy to drive...

View attachment 1368279

And here is the lap, direct capture:

Almost went into 2:19s

morning stints....... :) :) :D:D🎉🥳🎉

Nice job!

1000020042.jpg

I feel a bit better about my gold cushion at Spa now. Found about 2 tenth when i was trying out the RS01 (but don't really like the car).

Had a bit more time after the weeklies as i have some more free days.

RB at Road Atlanta is a bit more fun than expected. +4,7% by now and silver seems very possible.

M3 at RBR is much worse than expected. +3,8% by now and i have no idea how that should turn out golden. Awful drive.

So I tried the Road Atlanta TT last night even though I dreaded it a bit. I agree that switching from the cozy M3 to that monster is a shock, but after that wore off I actually found it quite enjoyable. Yes, the pace is insane, but the stupid amount of downforce also means that you can do many sections flat or near-flat, and in general I had no problems keeping the car on the track. I repeat: in general!

1719554156645.png

I'm in the gold bucket for now, but if De Bruyne finds more than another tenth while preparing for the knockout match against France, it's gonna get real tough.

1719554427731.png

Here's the lap for those interested (shared in game as well):

As @Pesselles would say:

ATTACK !!!

Always watch @Tidgney guide videos on YouTube, it's a must if you want to improve your times. Then download his ghost to chase. 👍

On controller, I always found it easiest to use R2 and L2 for throttle and brake, the square button for downshifts and the circle button for upshifts.

Hey, I stopped racing last night and went outside to take a walk and enjoy the fresh air. Then I ate some pizza and breadsticks when I came back inside. By the time I got done eating, it was almost 4am.

So I missed quite a bit of posts. So which TT should start with now?

To drive or not to drive at RBR, that is the question.

Shakespearian quote.

First couple of laps with the X2019.

Boy oh boy what a sick ride that is. Was torn between trying and skipping this one. Very doubtful that I can get into gold here. It's "only" .7s to gold (which will not move very much anymore I believe) but it's really tough to control this beast.

Feels like the car moves faster then my brain can comprehend what is happening 😂

1905e3754d056-screenshotUrl.jpg

The RBR track in BMW is frustrating due to track limits. I notice that in real life for F1 they are installing gravel strips for this very reason. Anyway, I have not really driven the RBR short track before, but when I figured out what to do in the transition corners that are not on the full track, it was not too bad. I am a shade over the 1 minute mark, which should be Ok for gold, but of course I would like to get into the 59's.

Road Atlanta looks like a tough challenge. I will spend a bit of time on that this week. I am miles off the pace after my first short run.

Hey, I stopped racing last night and went outside to take a walk and enjoy the fresh air. Then I ate some pizza and breadsticks when I came back inside. By the time I got done eating, it was almost 4am.

So I missed quite a bit of posts. So which TT should start with now?

To drive or not to drive at RBR, that is the question.

Shakespearian quote.
If you want to be real frustrated with the insane speed, spins, bumping crubs, and a 300% on- nerveous-system..
i can highly recommend the Road Atlanta one :lol: :lol:

Back