Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,951 comments
Oh, 14 pages since I last looked at this thread and 2 new TTs. I’m behind!

Took my first session with the BMW. It took a little effort, but after half an hour, I got sub one minute.

IMG_8257.jpeg

I would think that’s safe now. :-)

Not having a good time with the trials at the moment. Did around 300km last night split between Spa and Redbull Ring.

Current time at Spa is a 2:18.316 which places me 829th currently. Have continued to use the old NSX, tried the R8 but I couldn't jell with the way that car turns and it had a slower top speed than the NSX. Final chance will be tonight but I'm not confident of an improvement around here. I'm losing the vast majority of my laps to track limits and these stupid bollards on the inside of the corner. Just cannot seem to find a good rhythm or find the limits of the car around this place. Extremely frustrating combination.

More success around the Redbull ring in the E30 M3 putting in a 59.285 which places me 155th currently. There is definitely another tenth and a half around this lap if I can nail both sectors. Unfortunately, I have no idea where that lap came from. I restarted the session after a final corner track limits violation and then proceeded to be put down a time that was more than 3 tenths better than any previous lap, and never got close to that time again. I think the trick here is to get that slight entry oversteer rotation but control it so as to not lose momentum, but its hard to do consistently.

Also put a banker time in around Road Altanta. Can already tell this is going to be an ugly one to get right. At least the top times are only mowing the lawn through 1 corner so far. Not sure how they can use the grass in the braking zone as the X2019 gets really unsettled by those kerbs. Current time is a 1:00.712 which places me 1,245th. Might improve my time to be a bit more safe in the gold but don't think I'll be putting too much time into it after that.

Tonight was my final attempt at Spa, because I don't know if I'll have time tomorrow to hop on GT7 or not. And I want to keep my sanity. :lol: As it had been a few days since I'd been around there, it took some laps to get back in the groove. And while I couldn't break into the 17's, I did lower my time by a couple of tenths. My original time was a 18.307. Lowered it to .258, then a .196, and finally stopped at the .101 shown below. A pickup of over 300 spots globally was nice. I think if I kept grinding, I possibly could have blasted a sub 18. I'm fairly happy with this time, though.
IMG_3318.jpg

Bloody hell those liveries look awful. Throw them in the kitty litter!
Wow congrats, that's an impressive score!!
I'm sure you'll enter the "Sub minute" Club very soon :)

Here in Brittany, nothing new, the weather is fine, business as usual.
As seen previously, my 1st sector is too slow (26.2xx in average). So, I've decided to practiced a bit on RBR because I'm convince we can always improve any score already golded.

Let's have a look at the B-5 licence test. The car isn't the M3 but this is the same turn.
My previous PB was 16.164 and after tens of tries learning where and when to brake, where and when to gas, the improvement came:
View attachment 1369400

This practice gave me confidence in my ability to take this corner much better but mainly, to come out of it much faster.

Then, I came back to the TT with the M3.
I had many laps invalidated but my 1st sectors were better (3 times in a row at 26.1xx) with many final scores around 1:00.3xx.
I knew that the improvment was close, if only I could nailed 2 excellent sectors in the same lap.

And finally: 1:00.050 :cheers:

View attachment 1369401

Sector 1: 26.178 - Very good speed exit after the first corner and an excellent apex on the long right turn.

Sector 2: 33.872 - Absolutly incredible score. I was (much) faster on the straight and the 2 last turns were "perfect". My best 2nd sector ever.

Sorry, I totally forgot to save the replay :banghead:
This session gave me a new optimal :mischievous:

View attachment 1369403

Still 8 days to go, and now only 51 hundredths to gain to enter the "Sub minute" Club.
You know what?

ATTACKE!!!
You'll be able to get under a minute mate.

Well I ran my final 10 laps at Spa, and once again, no improvement. But, that's okay. I won't get everything I wish for. I would love to score a lap in the top 5000, but I know I'll never get to that stage.

Last edited:
Bloody hell those liveries look awful. Throw them in the kitty litter!
🤣
You'll be able to get under a minute mate.
Thanks mate, I'll do my very best with some motivation....

I really tried to get under a minute. No way.

I really, really, really tried to get ahead of some "attackers". Mission accomplished for now. :D
Ohhh what a surprise, here is the motivation I was looking for....:lol::cheers:
Fantastic score Alex, and don't worry, we have 7 days to unlock the door of the "Sub minute" club.

ATTACKE!!!

Mission accomplished for now.
You're too close to my personal space :P I don't think I'll try to improve my rbr time any more.
got to run RA yesterday and that was painfull. Started with time around 1.03.5 and it took me whole 250km of daily marathon to get to where I stand now. Gonna do another push tonight. I highly doubt that I'll manage to gold this one, but still I'm pretty happy with this time as I was struggling for a long time in 1:02.5 zone.

edit:spellcheck
1907553935433-screenshotUrl.jpg
1907553935413-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
You're too close to my personal space :P I don't think' I'll try to improve my rbr time any more.
You have the perfect time. I wouldn't try again either if i where you. ;)

Well 0:59:999 would look good too. I just have to find .003

@Pesselles: If you are the attacker, I'm trying to be the defender like the Turkish national team yesterday after the first minute goal. :crazy: Let's see what you've got. :cheers:

Last edited:
You have the perfect time. I wouldn't try again either if i where you. ;)

Well 0:59:999 would look good too. I just have to find .003

@Pesselles: If you are the attacker, I'm trying to be the defender like the Turkish national team yesterday after the first minute goal. :crazy: Let's see what you've got. :cheers:
To be very honest, it will be super hard:
  • 0:59.999 is an other dimension
  • 1:00.000 is the perfect number
  • 1:00.001 is the perfect score
  • 1:00.002 is not an option :D
  • 1:00.003 is the complete disgrace

I'll try to give some time today to this challenge ;)

1.00.070 Red Bull (TCS0)

Got few 59.xxx optimal but could not bring the sector’s together.
Anyway it tickles me so my job is not done yet .

Off topic
I was a little busy past time and I wonder why they removed the friends ghost option ?
I mean why is it not a simple switch button to show it or not showing it.
It pisses me off.😡
you can map a button on controller to toggle Ghost off/on middle race if that is what you mean,

Guys, I want to share a simple and cheap hardware addition to controller that can help a bit. Trigger extenders. I bought two pack for 10€
One stick them to trigger buttons and they are longer than original ones and hence give longer travel path which translated in real example means current TT on Road Atlanta can be sightly easier. X2019 is so powerful that we need very good throttle control exiting turns and these trigger extenders help to have more and better turn exists. I wish I could put in numbers"you will gain a second" but unfortunately I can't. I can however recommend them to try, they are just attached with double sided tape, and if you don't like them, easy to remove. If someone gets and try them, please share your experience.

1000024474.jpg

Morning Folks!

Another session in the E30 cause I feel if I don't ill be bumped to the bottom of my own leaderboard ..... what the hell did all you guys eat?? competition is epic on this one, everybody in the 59.0 these days 😂😂..
I was right....
GTPlanet......birth-chamber of aliens 😂

That said, man I had some killer S1's this morning with a best of .495 but wasn't realy the best outcome cause got to much oversteer on the way out and ended up as a restart.. 😭, lots of .5xx but ofcourse again a PB lap with a bad S1 @ .622 😭😂😂

But had a killer last section, so OPT wise I lost over a tenth what would have gotten me into the 58's for sure 🙈

This lap was flirting with tracklimits a lot, it was let's say..... one the edge...😂

1000022037.jpg

Full send at last corner barely within limits

but on this lap i gained my time on the last corner, I eventually thought it would turn devil red on exit but it turned out to be just on the edge 😁

1000022038.jpg

maximizing tracklimits upcomming mainstraight

and across the line in......
Nooooooooooooooooooooo 😂

1000022040.jpg

Morning Folks!

Another session in the E30 cause I feel if I don't ill be bumped to the bottom of my own leaderboard ..... what the hell did all you guys eat?? competition is epic on this one, everybody in the 59.0 these days 😂😂..
I was right....

That said, man I had some killer S1's this morning with a best of .495 but wasn't realy the best outcome cause got to much oversteer on the way out and ended up as a restart.. 😭, lots of .5xx but ofcourse again a PB lap with a bad S1 @ .622 😭😂😂

But had a killer last section, so OPT wise I lost over a tenth what would have gotten me into the 58's for sure 🙈

This lap was flirting with tracklimits a lot, it was let's say..... one the edge...😂

View attachment 1369574

but on this lap i gained my time on the last corner, I eventually thought it would turn devil red on exit but it turned out to be just on the edge 😁

View attachment 1369575

Nooooooooooooooooooooo 😂

View attachment 1369576

great lap mate, just james bond .007 left and you are in 58s :D

Good morning everyone, this will be my last day here for a couple days. Thursday and Friday I'm going on a trip to South Carolina and won't be back until Saturday morning, I will leave tonight at 9pm, so I need to go to bed asap. I need some relief off the TT madness. RBR has been working me to the bone. I will show a video of my runs later on this morning, just give me time to upload it. I've got a boat load of credits and drift points, take a look, on my page.

1719998123107.png

Plus, I'm a photo addict, I've taken almost 2,300 pictures since my debut of gt7 back in Halloween 2022.

Managed to improve my racing line and carry more speed through T1 and finally (sort of) figured out the entry to T2. Changed wheels to 17" with wide offset. Not sure if this did anything, although the car felt slightly more stable.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240703022304.png

Vielen Dank, Ikon :)

I've already shared my current PB in game and you should access it:
View attachment 1369331
Had a look last night and the lap looks pretty solid to me. On a few occasions you could carry more momentum through the corners by using a slightly different line. I know you've improved your PB since the video, so apply any advice where it's still relevant. Generally going wider on entry and gradually increasing steering angle should give you a smoother line and less need for braking. The car's brakes are also better than one might assume, being softer on and off the brakes does a lot in terms of momentum and corner stability.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240703014624-01.png

T1 Braking point seems ok, but go wider and ease off the brake earlier while gradually increasing steering angle, rotate before the apex and try to avoid sliding.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240703014624-02.png

T2 You can carry more momentum by going a slightly wider line and hitting two separate apexes (on the inside are 2 kerbs that can be used as reference) instead of trying to go around the curve in one swoop. My mistake, only 1 kerb here and keeping it tight along the inside works too. I'm usually faster using double apex, but regardless of how you follow through, exiting the long right further on the right side will set you up for the next left turn in a better position …
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240703014624-03.png

… where you can now accelerate sooner.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240703014624-04.png

Wider entry and smoother turn in lets you brake less and carry more speed here as well. Also, applying less braking pressure keeps the car more planted, reducing sliding at the apex (this applies to all downhill sections, as gravity pulls the weight towards the front of the car – hard braking unsettles the car more than on flat or uphill sections).

I enjoy analysing my own and other people's driving. Great way to learn and improve. Please take these tips with a grain of salt though, as there's definetely faster drivers out here :)

Last edited:
Morning Folks!

I was right....

View attachment 1369574

View attachment 1369575

Nooooooooooooooooooooo 😂

View attachment 1369576

Again, those last two corners you obliterate! That little feather of the throttle as you head over the curb on each is :chefskiss: 💪

Hey fellow TTers. I need some help.

I'm practicing for a race and I'm way off pace. Does anyone have a lap at Bathurst in the SLS GT3 Mercedes with BoP on, that is willing to share in game so I can use as ghost? My best time is a 2:04.0xx in TT with the same settings as BoP and I need to find at least a whole second.

Thank you.

"Insert Help me Obi-wan Kenobi gif"

Managed to improve my racing line and carry more speed through T1 and finally (sort of) figured out the entry to T2. Changed wheels to 17" with wide offset. Not sure if this did anything, although the car felt slightly more stable.
View attachment 1369587

Had a look last night and the lap looks pretty solid to me. On a few occasions you could carry more momentum through the corners by using a slightly different line. I know you've improved your PB since the video, so apply any advice where it's still relevant. Generally going wider on entry and gradually increasing steering angle should give you a smoother line and less need for braking. The car's brakes are also better than one might assume, being softer on and off the brakes does a lot in terms of momentum and corner stability.

T1 Braking point seems ok, but go wider and ease off the brake earlier while gradually increasing steering angle, rotate before the apex and try to avoid sliding.
View attachment 1369582

T2 You can carry more momentum by going a slightly wider line and hitting two separate apexes (on the inside are 2 kerbs that can be used as reference) instead of trying to go around the curve in one swoop. My mistake, only 1 kerb here and keeping it tight along the inside works too. I'm usually faster using double apex, but regardless of how you follow through, exiting the long right further on the right side will set you up for the next left turn in a better position …View attachment 1369583
… where you can now accelerate sooner.View attachment 1369584

Wider entry and smoother turn in lets you brake less and carry more speed here as well. Also, applying less braking pressure keeps the car more planted, reducing sliding at the apex (this applies to all downhill sections, as gravity pulls the weight towards the front of the car – hard braking unsettles the car more than on flat or uphill sections).View attachment 1369585

I enjoy analysing my own and other people's driving. Great way to learn and improve. Please take these tips with a grain of salt though, as there's definetely faster drivers out here :)
Jimmy Fallon Writing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Vielen Dank, your advices are just priceless Ikon :)

I dunno why but, yesterday when doing the Online TT at ROad Atlanta, my GT7 was crashing trying to download the Ghosts data of certain fast drivers, have anyone else experiecened this issue?

I had to reset the game mutliple times to resolve it, it even happend on tidgneys ghost.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Hey fellow TTers. I need some help.

I'm practicing for a race and I'm way off pace. Does anyone have a lap at Bathurst in the SLS GT3 Mercedes with BoP on, that is willing to share in game so I can use as ghost? My best time is a 2:04.0xx in TT with the same settings as BoP and I need to find at least a whole second.

Thank you.

"Insert Help me Obi-wan Kenobi gif"
Unfortunately I'm not home now and can't help, otherwise I'd be happy to.

Back