Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 28,044 comments
This morning, I went to America, went into the desert on a horse with a name...

1720085895649.jpeg

Credit livery by: ciclopebig1

... and start to lap :)

The track is not complex but it's easy to lost tenths here and there. The car is fine to drive, even with these CM tyres.
After several laps, I'm very close to the entrance of the gold mine:

1720086108924.png

1720086596004.png

1720086639449.png

Sector 1: 30.163 - I definitely can gain some tenths here. A '29.9xx' could be doable.

Sector 2: 34.432 - Same as above, as my apexes are still not "comfy". A time close to '1:04.000' at the end of the 2nd sector is my objective.

Sector 3: 31.205 - The last curve is my critical point, as I'm still not confident on my braking point. Will work on this one, to be sure to not butcher my efforts on the 2 firsts sectors.

Personal message to @KAlex122 : this score was made by a serious player, DO NOT TRY to reproduce it at home :P !!

Have a nice (thurs)day and don't forget to have fun!!

This morning, I went to America, went into the desert on a horse with a name...

View attachment 1369808
Credit livery by: ciclopebig1

... and start to lap :)

The track is not complex but it's easy to lost tenths here and there. The car is fine to drive, even with these CM tyres.
After several laps, I'm very close to the entrance of the gold mine:

View attachment 1369811

View attachment 1369814

View attachment 1369815

Sector 1: 30.163 - I definitely can gain some tenths here. A '29.9xx' could be doable.

Sector 2: 34.432 - Same as above, as my apexes are still not "comfy". A time close to '1:04.000' at the end of the 2nd sector is my objective.

Sector 3: 31.205 - The last curve is my critical point, as I'm still not confident on my braking point. Will work on this one, to be sure to not butcher my efforts on the 2 firsts sectors.

Personal message to @KAlex122 : this score was made by a serious player, DO NOT TRY to reproduce it at home :P !!

Have a nice (thurs)day and don't forget to have fun!!
Interesting. I never look at sector times. Just the live timing with + or - to my current best at the bottom of the screen.

I'm looking forward to Famine's and Tidgney's gold time prediction.

The results for TT84 are over here.

I've also updated the opening post with the index of TTs and the second post with the community leader boards.

Interim Results for TT85 at Red Bull Ring Short Track in the BMW M3 Sport Evolution '89.

1720087621798.png
1720087649456.png

1720087667229.png
LB.png
Interim.png

Interim Results for TT86 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta in the Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition.

1720088234223.png
1720088706061.png

1720087678391.png
LB1.png
Interim1.png

Note that some data that rely on historical results (averages etc.) on the interims might be a bit off because there are two live ones, meaning 86 doesn't have the finalised 85's data.

TTC.png

Attachments

• TT85-static.xlsx
    35.8 KB · Views: 2
  • TT86-static.xlsx
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
The results for TT84 are over here.

I've also updated the opening post with the index of TTs and the second post with the community leader boards.

Interim Results for TT85 at Red Bull Ring Short Track in the BMW M3 Sport Evolution '89.

View attachment 1369821 View attachment 1369822

Interim Results for TT86 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta in the Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition.

View attachment 1369833 View attachment 1369836

Note that some data that rely on historical results (averages etc.) on the interims might be a bit off because there are two live ones, meaning 86 doesn't have the finalised 85's data.

Thanks again for your priceless data!!!

Ok @crome now it's official:

1720089177582.png

The latest time trial guide for you! A very fun one this I enjoyed it so much I did it on my 3rd account to! Pad Lap also made the top 10 at the time so there's a ghost for that one as well!

I'm looking forward to your guide as always, but I left my Playstation at home, so I won't be able to work on any TT's until Saturday night. Have fun with the new lap challenge guys, it's in the desert. I forgot where Willow Springs is located.

Let's give @half_sourly some coffee and tea for all the hard work he does organizing all this data for every time trial, I know that's a full-time job.

Last edited:
Absolutely incredible mate! 🔥🔥🔥 I tried to follow your ascension into alien territory in two sessions yesterday and the day before, but could not improve yet. Time is working against me here, I dropped to P 83, and it's very unlikely I will remain in the top 100 unless I slice at least another tenth off my PB.

I'm gonna make another and final push on the weekend before I leave for a work trip on Monday. Wish me luck!
Sometimes you just feel it. Every time I have been in the top 100 it's been close. This one I feel like I'm pretty deep into it and might hang on. I've been wanting that badge since @half_sourly introduced them and I'm really hoping it holds. After today I might get one or two short sessions before I head out for nearly two weeks for the vacation of a lifetime (actually a late honeymoon). I won't have any time for the Merc at WS which totally sucks because that looks epic.

You can do it. You've got it in you. I know it.

Sometimes you just feel it. Every time I have been in the top 100 it's been close. This one I feel like I'm pretty deep into it and might hang on. I've been wanting that badge since @half_sourly introduced them and I'm really hoping it holds. After today I might get one or two short sessions before I head out for nearly two weeks for the vacation of a lifetime (actually a late honeymoon). I won't have any time for the Merc at WS which totally sucks because that looks epic.

You can do it. You've got it in you. I know it.
Ooh this will hold mate, very nicely done!
Go get that badge 😁
I think I'm leaving RBR and like I always do Hop on to the next after a week, so it all yours, go get that 58 mate, it only takes one perfect lap 😁🙈👽👽

Put up a quick (in the sense that I didn't have to do too many laps to do it. It's a terrible time lol) bronze time on the controller this morning at Willow. Gonna be a loosey goosey one!
May I suggest you to practice (first) the CE at Big Willow with the Vette?
I did it a lot (because of @smoothbore12 ^^) and I've learnt a lot on that circuit.
No doubt, this practice will help you to improve your TTs scores :)

May 4th be with you ;)

Well, we just arrived near Myrtle Beach, we're near this. Get a load of this nice scenery!

1720091874506.png

I am looking forward to the fun here, away from the TT's. My mind was tense the other day so I had to do something drastic to escape the time trial madness for a little while.

I will be back later on today/tonight. Have a good day!

@crome so what do you think of Myrtle Beach? I am taking a small break from the TT's. Me and my mom decided to travel some which we have not done in a few years because of the pandemic, so we got brave and left home around 8pm last night. It was a long drive, let me tell you all.

I did it a lot (because of @smoothbore12 ^^) and I've learnt a lot on that circuit.

May 4th be with you ;)
I could. But personally, I don't really see the point of putting in laps in a different car just to learn the track. I mean I'm fairly familiar with it already for one, and if I'm going to do laps I might as well do them in the TT itself.

I could. But personally, I don't really see the point of putting in laps in a different car just to learn the track. I mean I'm fairly familiar with it already for one, and if I'm going to do laps I might as well do them in the TT itself.
True on your first point. Every car handles differently when it comes to turning, acceleration, braking & handling over the kerbs. It's best to keep putting in the laps to familiarize with the handling of the Mercedes.

Oh of course, if you're familiar with the track, then go with the 300SL :)
I wish you the most shiny medal at the end!

That's fine and dandy, but I already have trouble finding enough time/motivation to pratice the TT itself, so I won't be doing the CE (that might already be gold by the way, it is one of the rare ones I might have finished)

Need to try the new one by the way, just to get a feel of my future misery or joy 😁

And try RA too, but I really don't look forward too, it will just be a tippy-toes dip into the water to see if there is a reasonable chance to get bronze without too much time invested.

[Edit]Bronze indeed, in a little more than a minute. That's 500k quickly gained. The only time the ratio rime/prize was better was on Daytona whith the alien car.

Last edited:
Oh of course, if you're familiar with the track, then go with the 300SL :)
I wish you the most shiny medal at the end!
On having a look I discovered that Willow is one of the tracks that I haven't even touched the CE on so I bronzed it for the 100k lol. But I find the CEs to be super annoying with their one and done format and the girl saying "ohhh so close try again" or "hey take a break man you're gonna burst a blood vessel!" after every try. :lol:

But these morning TT controller runs are just a primer. I see what kind of bronze time I can get and then tonight I'll set up the wheel rig and give it a more serious effort...

Back