Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 28,580 comments
I actually had the same issue with my current best lap, I didn't quite get out of the powerslide as early as I would have liked, which cost me some exit speed down the home straight. However I did maintain a high minimum speed throughout the whole complex so I only lost less than half a tenth.
Yes i saw that your exit wasn't much better than mine, but the way you got into the corner was just perfect. 👍

Let's see if it stays

1908d7ec70a71-screenshotUrl.jpg

Thx for sharing it .
I still don’t understand why they removed the friendly ghost on personal boards it was much more comfortable and time saving.
Is it so hard just give us a option to share it with one click I don’t get it.
I think the way this played out (became available for one TT, then removed immediately in the next) it was probably never intended as a feature, but a „bug“ they fixed. But I totally agree it would be really nice to have.

I think the way this played out (became available for one TT, then removed immediately in the next) it was probably never intended as a feature, but a „bug“ they fixed. But I totally agree it would be really nice to have.
Was very useful, the ghost from world fastest players is not that convenient for me most of the time, they zoom forward after each reset and I most of the time don't even see them braking. I'd rather have an easy way to load ghosts from friends that are much closer to my speeds. I know you can look for replays in the showcase but it is much less convenient.

Hi guys (and Greek),

Some news from the Mojave desert ;) (I see some of you starting to sweat by fear... :mischievous: ).

After an complicated morning with my German granny, I've decided to follow @Ed_Night ghost :dopey: after his fabulous new PB (see above) and it was the best decision I could make (vielen Dank Buddy :bowdown:).

On several laps, I've lowered my 1st sector by 0.2 sec (under 29.6), and my 3rd sector by 0.3 sec (30.4). Just incredible.
But my 2nd sector is still "complicated" and I really struggle to get under 34.0 here :( #DankFarrik

Anyway, this is a new PB: 1:34.059 🥇 and I must credit Ed_Night for the help provided on this massive improvement (-0.350)!!

1720361684187.png

Sector 1: 29.580 - almost 0.2 gained here, that's a significant improvement!

Sector 2: 34.036 - still over 34.x, which is too slow compare to my best 2nd sector at 33.897

Sector 3: 30.443 - simply incredible to gain +/- 0.3 on the final turn, I couldn't believe it!

Replay and ghost available:

1720363243458.png

1720362026021.png

Note that @ScottPuss20 is at 1:34.051 and I don't want to join him in this scary area... 🛸👽 ...

As some "friends" would say, I hope it will hold till the end...:sly:

Last edited:
@Pesselles Incredible my friend. You have won your ufo abilitation. The desert have changed you!!!
View attachment 1370678
Thanks Regis, this combo is perfect to me and I love it so much, I could lap the all day around :D
I guess you'll also improve your PB (not too much^^) in the next hours, right?

Your GIF is very close to my favourite hero:

Silver Surfer Surfing GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

A very good improvement on Big Willow, in great part thanks to the soon-to-be alien @Pesselles

Used his last ghost, and his hint on where to brake on the last corner, very effective !

Nearly 3s lower than my previous record (did not done many laps already but still) of 1:38.508.

Now comfortably seated in silver 😎 (and in the top 10.000 of this TT, which if it stands, would be my new record)

1908dcd560373-screenshotUrl.jpg

Medium on 10 laps is 2s lower than previous best lap 😍

22 laps total.

Last edited:
I don't find ghosts very useful at all frankly.. Once I'm familiar with a given car and track in a TT I find replays of faster laps helpful because I can see the hud and the gearing as well as what's happening with brakes and throttle. I can see what is being done differently from what I'm doing rather than just see that a guy in front of me is going way faster than I am lol...

Frustrating session this morning at Willow. Couldn't get within half a second of my 1:35.8 PB. I need 4 tenths for the gold and I want it but i find the car really quite annoying at times.

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣 If you want to be the next Silver Surfer you DON'T USE AT !!!!!!
probably true, but you also don't just switch over to MT and start doing TTs. You need to switch to MT and just practice it until it becomes second nature...then start trying to set silver and gold times in the TTs. I'm not sure how much time Chris has devoted to it but I get the impression it's a couple laps here and there and then back to AT...which really isn't the way.

Last edited:
I've checked several replays to understand what I'm not doing correctly in the 2nd sector of Big Willow.

At the Budweiser Balcony, I'm very close to the ghost, and I'm start to accelerate at the apex, before the downhill. And starting from here, I start to lose time. Not much but a bit.

And my main problem is definitely this turn:

1720366447969.png

I brake at the same point as Tidgney mention in his guide (image from his video):
1720366765269.png

and then I let the car rotate to the left as close as possible to the apex.

But at Monroe Ridge, I'm already far behind and the ghost is flying.
I really don't understand why, and of course, dunno how to fix this.

On my replay, my 2nd sector is 34.036... but I could gain here more than 2 tenths, I guess.

1720367151142.png

If you have any advices on how to improve this turn / sector, I would be very grateful, guys.
Thanks in advance :)

I've checked several replays to understand what I'm not doing correctly in the 2nd sector of Big Willow.

At the Budweiser Balcony, I'm very close to the ghost, and I'm start to accelerate at the apex, before the downhill. And starting from here, I start to lose time. Not much but a bit.

And my main problem is definitely this turn:

View attachment 1370688

I brake at the same point as Tidgney mention in his guide (image from his video):
View attachment 1370689

and then I let the car rotate to the left as close as possible to the apex.

But at Monroe Ridge, I'm already far behind and the ghost is flying.
I really don't understand why, and of course, dunno how to fix this.

On my replay, my 2nd sector is 34.036... but I could gain here more than 2 tenths, I guess.

View attachment 1370694

If you have any advices on how to improve this turn / sector, I would be very grateful, guys.
Thanks in advance :)
IMG_20240707_191518.jpg

IMG_20240707_191922.jpg

As you can see here your car points more away from the apex going into the braking zone. So your corner has an angle a bit sharper than 90°. I went to the inside earlier on that downhill part which gives me a better angle for the corner.

IMG_20240707_192353.jpg

IMG_20240707_192641.jpg

That means by going through the corner with the same speed you ending up more far away from the inside than me.
So you still need to turn the car, while i'm already at over 60% throttle.

Well, took a couple tenths off at Willow. Still more work to do.

Has anyone else noticed the dissappearing tire squeal noises though?? I just noticed I wasn't hearing the tires at all. Paused and hit retry and the noises were back, but then the next time I restarted they were gone again and it took a couple restarts to get them back. Is it a known issue? I just shut down the PS5 for a bit and will fire it back up in a while and see if the issue persists...

Last edited:
You guys are right, I need to switch back to MT and stick with it, I will be recording my MT run for the RBR challenge later. I can forget about the RA challenge with MT, I'm not doing it. Actually I don't really care about being the next Silver Surfer, I need to focus on my health too and not abuse the game, by playing 15-20 hours a day.

That's not healthy, IMO.

Yeah I'm gonna start it tomorrow, I'm sure that is an addicting TT, however I'm gonna have to rent that car, it's 20M and I don't have it yet.

@MIE1992 did I add you on my friends list yet, I don't recall doing it.

Last edited:
I need to focus on my health too and not abuse the game, by playing 15-20 hours a day.

That's not healthy, IMO.
I sincerely hope that's an exaggeration and nowhere near the truth - 15-20 hours a week is more than enough IMHO for a hobby like this, but unless you are getting paid / playing professionally, then you're getting into 'the law of diminishing returns' territory. And even if you are a pro, 15 hours a day is still a very bad idea IMHO.

Time Trials are fun, but I've stepped back a bit from them because they were taking too much of my (increasingly limited) time and I felt I was neglecting other fun parts of the game (and other games too). I feel that I've reached my limit in terms of likely improvement - or, at the very least, I've reached the limit of likely improvement given the time I'm prepared (and able) to commit to the game, without missing out on the other aspects of the game that I enjoy too.

Last edited:
View attachment 1370709

View attachment 1370710

As you can see here your car points more away from the apex going into the braking zone. So your corner has an angle a bit sharper than 90°. I went to the inside earlier on that downhill part which gives me a better angle for the corner.

View attachment 1370714

View attachment 1370717

That means by going through the corner with the same speed you ending up more far away from the inside than me.
So you still need to turn the car, while i'm already at over 60% throttle.
Thanks so much for your time, and your analysis. It's clear to me, and I'll work on this to improve my angle and my exit speed here.
(I promise to stay slower than you :lol:).

Vielen Dank :cheers:

Back