Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,469 comments
but having reached my limit at RBR (59.09x), I had to give it a go.
I knew I can do this :D Gave the red M3 (definitely quicker than the black one :lol:) another session and hell yeah, the glorious 58s are finally achieved!

1720645514851.jpg

I knew I can do this :D Gave the red M3 (definitely quicker than the black one :lol:) another session and hell yeah, the glorious 58s are finally achieved!

View attachment 1371507
Mate congratulations!!!! Such a satisfying feeling when you nail a target!! Will this be your highest placing in TTs?? 🥳 🙌🏽

I had a quick go at RA again today and try and hit my target.. and I did!! Into the 58.6s and it was almost a perfect lap for me… just a bit of understeer in S2 cost me 0.1 of a second but I can’t complain, great success!!

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Proud of this

IMG_7701.jpeg
IMG_7702.jpeg

Off to New York tonight! @Evilmuffin

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Hey everyone, please listen to what I have to say.

You know what, to be honest, I really don't want to exert anymore energy on the RBR TT, it's not worth putting stress on my hands and body, see my fingers and thumbs are sore from pressing the buttons so much the past week. I hope my silver time holds, 1'01.354. I was lucky and fortunate to get that far, so.

I'm jealous that I can't be better than most people on here, sigh. But, you know I'm gonna have to let that ego go. I let my personal hygiene go by wasting 80-90 hours a week on gt7 for a year and a half, and still I could not make huge amounts of progress, I need to shave and get in the shower. I may have to go back to using the ghosts, cause I have to remember a lot of things while watching a replay. Here is the real me, if most of you haven't seen.

1720645451999.jpeg

See my face breaking out a lot, that's what severe stress will do. I got frustrated sevreal times on the past recent 7-8 TT's and threw the controller and some of my games at the wall, thankfully nothing broke, but I have anger issues. Whenever I can't achieve or do something I throw a fit. If I can't apply and understand what advice/tips you guys give me, then I'm gonna have to give up. I don't want to but if the TT's aren't fun then I'm gonna have to find my stopping point.

See, here again I ran 294 laps at RBR and did not earn gold. Forget RA and that ****, I quit there about a week ago.

I watched Evilmuffin's, Dan's, Dolph's, crome's, and Gomario's replays and still could not duplicate what they did with the gear shifting. I stayed up for 2 days at one point to study YT videos and guides, and it still got me nowhere. I know me whining and complaining about this is not setting a good example for here, but I am frustrated, overwhelmed, stressed and agitated. I am human and I have feelings on it. Damn, I just want to throw this controller and just get a pad or wheel.

Sigh, it's so hard to stay calm in this situation, my mom complains about me not pulling my weight around the house, she does 70% of the work and I lounge around playing video games 15-20 hours a day. She said she would cut the internet off if I didn't start curbing my time which I don't think is fair either. Nothing is fair for me in this world. I'm sorry for the long replay but I have been holding it inside me the past year and I couldn't hold it anymore, I'm angry and stressed and I don't know what I could do to learn all the tricks necessary for the harder TT's.

EDIT: And sometimes I'll post stuff like I got a new PB, but no one responds or acknowledges it, they just post likes or emojis.

Last edited:
Mate congratulations!!!! Such a satisfying feeling when you nail a target!! Will this be your highest placing in TTs?? 🥳 🙌🏽
Thanks mate! Unfortunately no, I had the highest placement on the Daytona oval recently with the stupid VGT spaceship, P36 I think, but if we are talking about the TTs that actually require driving skill, yes, this will be my best position. I remember on my old account I had like a P70 in a Mustang (Laguna with tuning), but this one is somehow more rewarding :D

Into the 58.6s and it was almost a perfect lap for me…
58s would be very nice there :lol:

Thanks mate! Unfortunately no, I had the highest placement on the Daytona oval recently with the stupid VGT spaceship, P36 I think, but if we are talking about the TTs that actually require driving skill, yes, this will be my best position. I remember on my old account I had like a P70 in a Mustang (Laguna with tuning), but this one is somehow more rewarding :D

58s would be very nice there :lol:
Congrats y'all, I posted a long message above if anyone wants to look at it. I'm not trying to be negative or rude, I'm just venting my feelings.

I hope everyone understands my frustration, I mean when you guys first began doing these TT's, weren't you having trouble or not doing as good as you thought you would do? I mean the initial day you bought gt7.

Last edited:

You know what, to be honest, I really don't want to exert anymore energy on the RBR TT, it's not worth putting stress on my hands and body, see my fingers and thumbs are sore from pressing the buttons so much the past week. I hope my silver time holds, 1'01.354. I was lucky and fortunate to get that far, so.

I'm jealous that I can't be better than most people on here, sigh. But, you know I'm gonna have to let that ego go. I let my personal hygiene go by wasting 80-90 hours a week on gt7 for a year and a half, and still I could not make huge amounts of progress, I need to shave and get in the shower. I may have to go back to using the ghosts, cause I have to remember a lot of things while watching a replay. Here is the real me, if most of you haven't seen.

View attachment 1371506

See my face breaking out a lot, that's what severe stress will do. I got frustrated sevreal times on the past recent 7-8 TT's and threw the controller and some of my games at the wall, thankfully nothing broke, but I have anger issues. Whenever I can't achieve or do something I throw a fit. If I can't apply and understand what advice/tips you guys give me, then I'm gonna have to give up. I don't want to but if the TT's aren't fun then I'm gonna have to find my stopping point.

See, here again I ran 294 laps at RBR and did not earn gold. Forget RA and that ****, I quit there about a week ago.

I watched Evilmuffin's, Dan's, Dolph's, crome's, and Gomario's replays and still could not duplicate what they did with the gear shifting. I stayed up for 2 days at one point to study YT videos and guides, and it still got me nowhere. I know me whining and complaining about this is not setting a good example for here, but I am frustrated, overwhelmed, stressed and agitated. I am human and I have feelings on it. Damn, I just want to throw this controller and just get a pad or wheel.

Sigh, it's so hard to stay calm in this situation, my mom complains about me not pulling my weight around the house, she does 70% of the work and I lounge around playing video games 15-20 hours a day. She said she would cut the internet off if I didn't start curbing my time which I don't think is fair either. Nothing is fair for me in this world. I'm sorry for the long replay but I have been holding it inside me the past year and I couldn't hold it anymore, I'm angry and stressed and I don't know what I could do to learn all the tricks necessary for the harder TT's.

EDIT: And sometimes I'll post stuff like I got a new PB, but no one responds or acknowledges it, they just post likes or emojis.
Much as you are a lovely guy Chris, none of this is a healthy way to approach gaming. These things are meant to bring you joy, not anger, stress and frustration. They are made for fun.

If you're not having fun, it's okay to stop - to take a break at least. I feel you lost sight of what gaming is meant to be about, whilst you are trying to chase perfection.

Congrats y'all, I posted a long message above if anyone wants to look at it. I'm not trying to be negative or rude, I'm just venting my feelings.

I hope everyone understands my frustration, I mean when you guys first began doing these TT's, weren't you having trouble or not doing as good as you thought you would do? I mean the initial day you bought gt7.
This is not the right forum for all of that.
You cant expect people here to constantly provide you with some sort of emotional support or whatever it is you're looking for.
Get a damn psychiatrist if you are not mentally well.

View attachment 1371506

Chris, I can understand the feeling of frustration when you can't achieve your desired outcome. However, what you have described here are unhealthy habits. I have seen other GTP members recommend that you seek mental health assistance in your area for some of your concerns, and I am going to do the same. Please seek help to get some assistance with time management, anger concerns, and mental wellbeing. If this is affecting others' lives (i.e., your mother) then it is time to consider it. Please.

Moreover, there are other threads for mental health-related concerns around the GTP forum where you can post replies such as this one and have conversations about it there. You may not be receiving much response here because this is a GT7-specific forum where players come to talk about the fun they're having when they have the chance to play. You're right, whining about it won't get you anywhere, but if you need help finding resources then this community, and many others outside of it, may be willing to help if asked.

We all want to see everyone do well and be well. Please take care of yourself.

Last edited:
Dude I'd put the video games away for a week or two. And actively try to think positively. Make a conscious effort to not think negatively, it makes a difference. Start doing pushups until you can do 50 in a row, go outside, ride your bike. If you don't have one, get a bike and start riding. Focus on self improvement, physical and mental health, positivity, helping and being kind to others around you. Above all be grateful for what you have and who you have in your life. You're not alone, everyone goes though rough patches man.

Last edited:
Alright,
I dont know if anyone have noticed, but the RB X2019 at road atlanta is afaik the first repeat combo we've had, as standard TT I #13 (in december 2022) was the very same combo.

I did 59.381 then, and I really struggled to match that this time.
I managed to get down to 59.551, with optimal arond the mid to low .4xx, still not near the .381 I did last time.

So I looked at the top time, and the diffference is mind boggling!
Best time now is 59.078, and in november it was 58.457. A difference of almonst 6 tenths!
suddenly I feel quite pleased to be "only" 1,5 tenths behind:D

There must have been a physics change that has affected this car since then. I refuse to believe that the car is the same as it was then, when the difference is that big...

EDIT: the previous TT was even on RM tyres, so the difference is even bigger:eek:

Last edited:
I had one final push with the X2019 today. Found a nice flow (finally) and broke my previous record a couple of times, and then this happened: 0:59.423, twice, on back-to-back laps. Talk about consistency? :D

Screenshot_2024-07-11-00-11-01-18_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca__01.jpg

Screenshot_2024-07-11-00-12-22-31_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Also tried the M3 for the last time, but couldn't beat my previous time. Should still be enough for the top 10. This one I liked a lot!

Screenshot_2024-07-11-00-13-02-26_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Last edited:
Alright,
I dont know if anyone have noticed, but the RB X2019 at road atlanta is afaik the first repeat combo we've had, as standard TT I #13 (in december 2022) was the very same combo.

I did 59.381 then, and I really struggled to match that this time.
I managed to get down to 59.551, with optimal arond the mid to low .4xx, still not near the .381 I did last time.

So I looked at the top time, and the diffference is mind boggling!
Best time now is 59.078, and in november it was 58.457. A difference of almonst 6 tenths!
suddenly I feel quite pleased to be "only" 1,5 tenths behind:D

There must have been a physics change that has affected this car since then. I refuse to believe that the car is the same as it was then, when the difference is that big...
Yes, the big physics change that reset all the leaderboard times happened in between the two occurrences showing up.

I had one final push with the X2019 today. Found a nice flow (finally) and broke my previous record a couple of times, and then this happened: 0:59.423, twice, on back-to-back laps. Talk about consistency? :D

View attachment 1371522
View attachment 1371523

Also tried the M3 for the last time, but couldn't beat my previous time. Should still be enough for the top 10. This one I liked a lot!

View attachment 1371524
Congrats, mega drive! :cheers:

Seems you beat me again. Seems to be the norm nowadays :(

We're on softer tyres as well this time which also shows much difference the physics made
Just checked, TRUE!
That is insane!:eek:

Last edited:
Chris, I can understand the feeling of frustration when you can't achieve your desired outcome. However, what you have described here are unhealthy habits. I have seen other GTP members recommend that you seek mental health assistance in your area for some of your concerns, and I am going to do the same. Please seek help to get some assistance with time management, anger concerns, and mental wellbeing. If this is affecting others' lives (i.e., your mother) then it is time to consider it. Please.

Moreover, there are other threads for mental health-related concerns around the GTP forum where you can post replies such as this one and have conversations about it there. You may not be receiving much response here because this is a GT7-specific forum where players come to talk about the fun they're having when they have the chance to play. You're right, whining about it won't get you anywhere, but if you need help finding resources then this community, and many others outside of it, may be willing to help if asked.

We all want to see everyone do well and be well. Please take care of yourself.
Well see I can't delete my post now, so maybe I shouldn't do that anymore. I'll just be quiet and just drive to the best of my ability. But no more trying to get gold right now, that's off my radar. I am gonna find a therapist to go to later this month. I didn't mean any harm guys.

@BWX I'm saving up to buy an expensive bike and some other things to occupy my life instead of staying indoors all the time. Thanks.

@djolliea congrats, I'm happy for you.

@ERAZER try not to be harsh, I am going to therapy later this month to help me control my anger. I wish I could delete that long message, but it's too late.

It's time to just let go of perfection, having fun is more suitable for gaming.

Last edited:
Well see I can't delete my post now, so maybe I shouldn't do that anymore. I'll just be quiet and just drive to the best of my ability. But no more trying to get gold right now, that's off my radar. I am gonna find a therapist to go to later this month. I didn't mean any harm guys.

@BWX I'm saving up to buy an expensive bike and some other things to occupy my life instead of staying indoors all the time. Thanks.

@ERAZER try not to be harsh, I am going to therapy later this month to help me control my anger. I wish I could delete that long message, but it's too late.

To lightly echo what others have been saying, this thread is primarily for the discussion of the Gran Turismo 7 Time Trials.

That means people come in and look for information about the Time Trials, talk about their progress, share hints and tips, and so on and so forth. It's a resource for the Time Trials.

While that engenders a convivial atmosphere among people for whom it's a favourite game mode, it doesn't mean that everyone in here wants to read about the minutiae of everyone else's life. We don't mind a little idle natter between friends, but you've mentioned Pizza Hut more often than your actual Time Trial progress in the last few days, and all this talk about your home life is... offputting for other people who expect Time Trial talk and instead get Chris's Day & Latest Woes.

We all have lives, some better than others, but there are other places on the site to talk about them. It's a big site, and we certainly have threads where this sort of thing would be more suited (I know one off the top of my head, though it's in the GTPremium forum) - or the private Conversations that you keep alluding to (for which there is no need to prompt people, in public, to respond).

That is response and acknowledgement. It's literally called the "Reaction" system, and it allows people to react, quickly, without having to make posts about it. If you post about a new personal best and people "Like" it, people like it. It's that simple.

It's also never too late to delete (although you can't, so edit really) a post. The only bad time to remove a post you didn't want to make is never.

I don't mean to stay off topic here, but I will just quickly add that one of the best things I've done for my mental well being was to start seeing a therapist. Being honest with someone who understands the human psyche and can objectively offer guidance and understanding is powerful. I highly highly recommend finding someone you click with to help.

And please, just enjoy the game. This isn't a competition. Everyone has different abilities and levels within those abilities. Some of the fastest humans that play this game post here. It's ok that you aren't able to match times like those. They are exceptional.

Cheers Chris. Take care, please.

I don't mean to stay off topic here, but I will just quickly add that one of the best things I've done for my mental well being was to start seeing a therapist. Being honest with someone who understands the human psyche and can objectively offer guidance and understanding is powerful. I highly highly recommend finding someone you click with to help.

And please, just enjoy the game. This isn't a competition. Everyone has different abilities and levels within those abilities. Some of the fastest humans that play this game post here. It's ok that you aren't able to match times like those. They are exceptional.

Cheers Chris. Take care, please.
Thank you for the kind words. Well I'm looking forward to a fresh new TT tomorrow and to go back to the Big Willow TT, I've had a blast there.

Well, I wasn't really expecting improvement in the final day at RBR. I was teetering on the edge of the top 100, so I gave it a go. Somehow I avoided track limit penalties at turn 1 and the second the last corner to get into the 59.0's and possibly a top 75! :dopey: I know I'll drop at least 1 spot when @NAXEHT puts in his inevitable top 50 lap before the end. :lol:
IMG_3365.jpg

@Chris30, I can only echo what others have said here. Understand your limits and know gold isn't always in the books in these TT's and just enjoy the game. I know it can be frustrating trying to compete with others or not being able to accomplish something you're putting your mind to, but gaming 20 hours a day is not healthy. I really think a therapist could help you in this case. Please take care of yourself. :)

Well I'll just have to limit it everyday or cut it in half. 10 hours is much better than 20. Well I'm gonna work on some more of the Big Willow TT and get ready for bed shortly. I think some well deserved rest will help clear my mind of any negativity. Plus I listen to at least 3-4 hours of soothing music too to help me relax.

Take care everyone and happy lapping! I'll be setting the clock for 5-6am and be looking out for the new TT's. I'll have to start being careful what I post here so I'm not getting offtopic and stirring up trouble, that's not what my purpose here was for, and on Earth in general. I was meant to socialize and create a big social network and have fun with the TT's and game.

Allright, good night!

Chris

Last edited:
ZEE
Thats a great time dude, Whats your setup for your game there matey??? Do you prefer using assists and and any recording of the lap for reference?
Thanks! I play on controller on PS4. Only driving assist enabled is ABS on default, I find the rest tend to just get in the way and I'm not a fan of playing with Countersteer assist. I don't have any lap recordings, sometimes I forget to save the best lap replay, but even when I do remember to save it, I don't have a quick and easy way to upload them thanks to Australian internet :banghead:

I will say this, I am thankful that I took the time to find this awesome website and strong community. I need to be thankful for what I have everyday, some people don't have anything at all and are homeless.

Allright I'm going to bed for real, I'm not working on the Willow TT tonight, I need sleep.

53848064322_129daba949_o.jpg

There can only be one fast kitty... isn't that right @MUC76?

Only gaining 0.069 seconds after 3 and a bit hours of driving is truly pathetic, so thank goodness I was able to move up a few spots. The margins are extremely tight with this time trial.. perhaps the tightest we've had soo far.

That RA TT was the hardest I've had to work to get Silver. 217.5 miles in Mr. Newey's exercise in defying physics. Broke my 1 hour limit and watched top replay to get it. Don't think I made it through turn one but twice flat out in 7th and neither one was my fast lap.

Back