Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,572 comments
I just don't get it why BOP gaves Subaru almost double HP!?
Why isn't on default settings, it's not a race with other cars...
Double HP? See I haven't loaded the new TT yet, so I don't know how the BoP is affected in that way. However the Eiger track is awesome, I've been riding on it for about 2-3 hours trying to get used to every turn and obstacle there. I think I'm ready now.

Now I wait for a TT in the dirt 😁
1000001526.gif

I just don't get it why BOP gaves Subaru almost double HP!?
Why isn't on default settings, it's not a race with other cars...
Probably so that it can compete with the other group b cars in the game. If I remember right, even IRL they were (and probably still is) heavily restricted thanks to the air intake restricter.

I'm tired, I'll have to work on some more of this Tokyo stuff later. It's gonna take time to plan all this out. I'm glad I went to therapy though, it was worth the out-of-town drive!

You are not the only one. It had been like this since forever ago. Seems to only happen in that car.
What a great, democratic idea to let the car decide under which conditions I can shift up. 🙄
Shifting down is even easier. You just have to have your foot on the brake, pull the handbrake, activate the left indicator, let the clutch slip slightly and briefly release the handbrake as soon as you reach an RPM of 4500. 😅

Maybe the TT was set up by an octopus 🧐

Since the ferrari one is only for a week I thought it makes more sense to focus on this one first.

Getting below 2:10 with the wheel felt huge after the first laps at around 2:14-2:16 and lots of red ones 🙈 Even managed to slip into silver which feels awfully satisfying when i think about having roughly 4 to 5 hours of time behind the wheel.

Turn 4 and 5 are giving me the most trouble so far. Can't say how often I lost the car there. Trying to recover is brutally hard compared to the pad.

190f48f853e78-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

Turn 4 and 5 are giving me the most trouble so far. Can't say how often I lost the car there. Trying to recover is brutally hard compared to the pad.

View attachment 1376010

I haven’t read all the messages of the last couple of days, but it really seems like Tokyo favours pad users, whereas Eiger Nordwand is for the wheel guys, right? Let‘s see what the leaderboard will look like.

I am myself only in silver with the Subaru, but also spent way less time in it. I am confident I can fight my way back to gold, but in the Ferrari I might have already hit the ceiling. And it‘s not fun to drive for me, it’s just floaty and unstable as hell.

Any of you who can get 15.8** on first sector on Eiger Nordwand can you share how you take T2
I never look at or pay attention to my sector times, but for me going slow and tight was the way. Enter each in 2nd, the up to third as you're about to exit, then smooth as possible on throttle while exiting. Doesn't feel fast, but it is. My replay is in the last couple pages of this thread.

EDIT: just watched it back and my fastest sector 1 is a 15.9, most are 16.0. Last I checked I was 120 something-th in the world... 15.8s are fast! Tidgeney does a 15.8 in his guide.

EDIT 2 (the sequel): Dude, @Barareklam you're quicker than me... I should be asking you for help! Haha!
What a great, democratic idea to let the car decide under which conditions I can shift up. 🙄
Shifting down is even easier. You just have to have your foot on the brake, pull the handbrake, activate the left indicator, let the clutch slip slightly and briefly release the handbrake as soon as you reach an RPM of 4500. 😅

Maybe the TT was set up by an octopus 🧐
This is the way the F430 is in real life. It requires torque load to allow for shifting. It can be a pain in the butt (it bothers me on turn one a lot), but don't blame GT, blame Ferrari. GT is only adhering to the realistic traits of the car.

Last edited:
I haven’t read all the messages of the last couple of days, but it really seems like Tokyo favours pad users, whereas Eiger Nordwand is for the wheel guys, right? Let‘s see what the leaderboard will look like.

I am myself only in silver with the Subaru, but also spent way less time in it. I am confident I can fight my way back to gold, but in the Ferrari I might have already hit the ceiling. And it‘s not fun to drive for me, it’s just floaty and unstable as hell.
I can't say for sure about the Subaru, but driving the F430 fast with the wheel is like dancing on a knife edge at 150mph. You have to willing to brake traction at 100+ mph and keeping it from spinning out both at turn-in and exit....and not hit any walls. And you have to do all that without seeing the apex and the exit (almost all corners are blInd).

I think i was as fast while drifting in the first 4 corners as i was driving normal. Both -> not fast. ;)
What bronze drift challenge? Anyway I'm fixing to run some Tokyo laps. I think the new Ferrari model is by far the best, I don't see anything wrong with the physics yet. I'm not an expert on street circuits but my goal is to get a sub 2'06.000-2'07.000. Or anywhere under the silver bar.

Checked my best lap and it's low .9. Could you use the top 10 replays to help? I use Gallo's replay for ideas.
Yeah, I did usual lap comparison I do when I want to find milliseconds, so I think answer is in what @LSFDRX says "smoothly on throttle out of exits" so as we can see on this image, where my lap replay is upper half and Gallo is lower half, I sense I am a bit behind already and start to floor it a bit earlier than Gallo do, and I think in combination with steering input being fully to the left, I think I am getting wheel spin and not gripping asphalt the way Gallo does, so I think if I can improve that I hope to get 15.8 on first sector, Gallo's first is 15.69*

1000025321.png

I can't say for sure about the Subaru, but driving the F430 fast with the wheel is like dancing on a knife edge at 150mph. You have to willing to brake traction at 100+ mph and keeping it from spinning out both at turn-in and exit....and not hit any walls. And you have to do all that without seeing the apex and the exit (almost all corners are blInd).
I know. Isn't it glorious?? 😁🤪 Seriously, the most fun I've had with a TT in awhile.

I think in combination with steering input being fully to the left, I think I am getting wheel spin and not gripping asphalt the way Gallo does
I only drove the Ferrari for 9 laps today.

With the new physics I found that I had to reduce the 'force feedback sensitivity' setting to 6 for turn in to reduce/remove the understeer effect in it.

It made such a difference and I loved the way it drove after that (I changed it on lap 3), it was so smooth and had a little bit of controllable oversteer out of the corners, the slip angle seems to have improved a lot with this update.

I haven't even set a silver time but I haven't followed a ghost or really gone for it, I've just been playing with settings for the 9 laps, I'm 0.002 away though.

Oh I was having some fun in the tunnel too 😝
1000010612.jpg
1000010613.jpg

Last edited:
On the Subaru trial, I changed to custom rims to 18inch from the default 15inch and felt that I had much less understeer than normal. Note that I didn't make them wide just the size change.

Went from top 3000 to top 300.

I am on PS4 with controller using sensitivity 10 always, manual and weak abs.

Is this a placebo? Can rim size in a time trial change the characteristics of handling?

Would very much like others input on this, thanks in advance.
TT1.jpg
TT2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back