Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,594 comments
My first attempt at RBR. I guess I should have watched the guides beforehand, because clearly I did everything wrong. :lol: Note to self for the next session: stay off the racing line! Haven't touched Trial Mountain yet.
IMG_3438.jpg

It is still very interesting to see how wildly different people's experiences are since the update, because I have experienced nothing but good things. The game is a whole new, much much better, experience for me.
I'm with you. I love the new physics. Especially the road cars...it truly feels convincing like never before.

I'm solidly established in bronze in both new TTs. Not far off silver at all in the Rampage so that will be my goal. I don't think I'll put too much into the RBR one. I'm really not crazy about the wet weather challenge.

I think these have been the best after a long time, plenty of hardcore action and hot lapping, I agree with you 330_D. The physics are so cool and awesome now, having a blast.

Well I gotta go, I'll cya all over the weekend. I need to plan my moves for these next three TT's. So I'm making a concrete plan to at least get a gold in one of them, maybe a silver in the other one. Maybe listening to rock music will help get me pumped up and motivated. Take care guys.

And as always, happy hot lapping!

:)

Last edited:
Have to take a break from the VR so not to get googly eyes.

Starting to get close. Just need a couple tenths so within reach.

Considering I’m around 1100th and not in gold makes me think this is a hard one for a lot of people.

IMG_8410.jpeg

I’m liking this one. It’s a tricky car to drive but it’s fantastic in VR and trial mountain reverse is actually one of my favorite tracks (which is funny as I really don't care for it in the normal direction).

Last edited:
Have to take a break from the VR so not to get googly eyes.

Starting to get close. Just need a couple tenths so within reach.

Considering I’m around 1100th and not in gold makes me think this is a hard one for a lot of people.

View attachment 1377442

I’m liking this one. It’s a tricky car to drive but it’s fantastic in VR and trial mountain reverse is actually one of my favorite tracks (which is funny as I really done care for it in the normal direction).
I haven't even started VR yet, xD. So, idk what the experience is like!

I switched back to my main account and went bumper view. After the VR it felt horrible to drive, it took me a while to figure it out again. I didn’t get gold, but I thought I’d switched to my Abroad account and try there as well.

For a long time that wasn’t feeling it either and then it clicked and I hit it and I got gold :)

IMG_8411.jpeg

I’ve got a nice grouping in my leader board now. :D
IMG_8412.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't like any of these . :ill:
1000021255.jpg

But the Honda @ Spa is very enjoyable. Maybe there's a gold in that.

I forgot to read the long note before the Honda TT. Is there any special car or ticket that we get for doing this one?

Edit:
Just downloaded the app for the tire temperatures. Online TTs have tire temperatures.

Last edited:
Yearly event with Honda..

Last year we had the Civic at Nurb.
And Suzuka for the young'uns. There were also some regionals last summer (3 US for the Porsche Esports Challenge; 7 in Japan - 6 as a series of Bridgestone tie-ins and a "All Japan Prefectural eSports Championship 2023 KAGOSHIMA") so I'm expecting more to roll in. A couple more followed in Autumn for GB and Japan. You can link to results for all those (not U17s) from here if interested.

There was the McLaren p1 as well IIRC for Europe?
Correct, that is the Autumn GB one I referred to.
And the Michelin Porsche 918 as I recall? I remember I couldn't participate in that, as well as the McLaren one, because of the country/region.
That's right. It was a Special rather than regional one, but I'm aware some countries for some reason can't take part.

Special TTs to date:
TT TitleDateTrackCar
Olympic Esports Series 2023 Motor Sport Event
27-Apr-23​
Deep Forest RacewayToyota GR010 HYBRID '21
Movie Promotion
07-Aug-23​
Red Bull RingNissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18
Honda Racing eMS FASTEST ATTACK 2023 - Challenge Class
28-Sep-23​
Nürburgring NordschleifeHonda Civic Type R '22
Honda Racing eMS FASTEST ATTACK 2023 - U17 Class
28-Sep-23​
Suzuka CircuitHonda Civic Type R '22
2023 Michelin Time Trial Challenge
16-Oct-23​
Michelin Raceway Road AtlantaPorsche 918 Spyder
Honda Racing eMS - GT Fastest Attack 2024 - Challenge Class
02-Aug-24​
Circuit de Spa-FrancorchampsHonda RA272 '65
Honda Racing eMS - GT Fastest Attack 2024 - U17 Class
02-Aug-24​
Circuit de Spa-FrancorchampsHonda RA272 '65

Regional TTs to date:
USA
TT TitleDateTrackCar
Porsche Esports Challenge USA 2023 - Week 1
08-Jul-23​
24 Heures du Mans race trackPorsche 917K '70
Porsche Esports Challenge USA 2023 - Week 2
15-Jul-23​
Sardegna - WindmillsPorsche 959 '87
Porsche Esports Challenge USA 2023 - Week 3
22-Jul-23​
Daytona Road CoursePorsche 911 RSR (991) '17
GB
TT TitleDateTrackCar
Play with the Champions
01-Nov-23​
Brands Hatch GPMcLaren P1 GTR '16
Japan
TT TitleDateTrackCar
All Japan Prefectural eSports Championship 2023 KAGOSHIMA
29-Jun-23​
Autopolis International Racing Course - Short CourseToyota Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version)
BRIDGESTONE GT Time Trial U17 - 17 and Under Division - Rd.1
18-Jul-23​
Tsukuba CircuitToyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High performance" '20
BRIDGESTONE GT Time Trial U17 - 12 and Under Division - Rd.1
18-Jul-23​
Tsukuba CircuitToyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High performance" '20
BRIDGESTONE GT Time Trial U17 - 17 and Under Division - Rd.2
01-Aug-23​
Fuji International SpeedwayToyota GR Supra RZ '20
BRIDGESTONE GT Time Trial U17 - 12 and Under Division - Rd.2
01-Aug-23​
Fuji International SpeedwayToyota GR Supra RZ '20
BRIDGESTONE GT Time Trial U17 - 17 and Under Division - Rd.3
15-Aug-23​
Suzuka CircuitToyota GR86 RZ '21
BRIDGESTONE GT Time Trial U17 - 12 and Under Division - Rd.3
15-Aug-23​
Suzuka CircuitToyota GR86 RZ '21
MAZDA SPIRIT RACING GT CUP 2023 - U-17 Class
04-Nov-23​
Fuji International SpeedwayMAZDA3 Gr.4

Given we are at RBR again, I thought I'd update the frequency chart. The first one is for Standard TTs only. The second is for all TTs, but not doubling counting events such as Bridgestone U17 at Suzuka and U12 at the same track.

1722586862949.png

1722586903383.png

53897162243_9060f048ff_o.jpg

The Subaru time was quite fun but tricky, mainly because the track is short, time is hard to find. The handbrake comes in handy here and when I discovered that I could use it, it changed everything.

53897261809_e1096d2c3f_o.jpg

I must say that it's quite odd having to drive offline and miss basically every apex in order to get the best time in the wet. Using the 458 gt3 is quite a common choice but at least it's a good car now.

Last edited:
Back